(Topic ID: 267012)

Which Finger do You Mash The Button With?

By punkin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GS2019
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

caniwatchcartoons1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Long game on Aerosmith the other day left me with the right hand ring finger bruised blue again and i got to thinking what finger most people use to hit the flipper buttons?

I have a bad habit of missing the button, especially right side, mostly when i'm starting to get tired and loose concentration in heavy multi balls etc.
    Made me wonder if i used my index or middle finger more it may improve.

Just wondering how other people work on these techniques and how you train/practice/refine these habits?

Picture for amusement to reward you for opening the thread.

caniwatchcartoons1 (resized).jpgcaniwatchcartoons1 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I don't mash. I finesse the buttons to greatness.

And no stroking the side art on the cabinet until it is worn to the wood either.

#3 3 years ago

Middle finger only

#4 3 years ago

Left hand index, right hand middle....not sure why, just feels comfortable.

#5 3 years ago

Always middle fingers, don't know how it started at all but it feels right to me now.

#7 3 years ago

If it hadn't been raised in the last six years i'm doing alright. There's not that much really to talk about in technique sadly.

#8 3 years ago

Right hand -> index finger
    Left hand -> middle finger

But I don't MASH or lose contact with buttons.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-finger-do-you-mash-the-button-with?hl=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.