(Topic ID: 60619)

Which existing Stern would you like to see in ColorDMD first?

By sammiesguys

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Stern would you like to see the most in Colordmd?”

• LOTR 78 votes
      30%
    • SM 24 votes
      9%
    • FG 10 votes
      4%
    • TSPP 55 votes
      21%
    • Tron 36 votes
      14%
    • IM 7 votes
      3%
    • TAV 2 votes
      1%
    • XMen 16 votes
      6%
    • AC/DC 31 votes
      12%

(259 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-guy-1.jpg
    tron-ron-b.jpg
    tron-john-wayne.jpg
    gustspp.png
    homer-drool-tron.jpg
    homer-excited.png
    LOTR_ColorDMD.jpg
    Gandolff_ColorDMD.jpg
    Simpsons_ColorDMD.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I didn't find a poll on this already, so I was curious. (If it has, please let me know. Then troll my thread ) Since colordmd is working on it, which game would you like to see?

If there is a game not listed you would prefer, please throw it in below. I ran out of options, so I didn't get Metallica in. Mention it below and I will keep track.

#2 10 years ago

LOTRs would be pretty cool ,but TSPP would look incredible !!!

#3 10 years ago

Lotr would look good

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Quoted from Mato:

Lotr would look good

I would prefer LOTR personally, but I think you could make a good case for almost every game above.

#5 10 years ago

Games like IM and SM have actual movie footage, I'm not sure how well this would translate. LOTR would be great to see first.

#6 10 years ago

A lot of good titles that deserve color.

#7 10 years ago

I'd be in for Avengers, Tron, Iron Man, AC/DC and Spiderman tomorrow. the order doesn't even matter, I'm just excited that Sterns might get color!!!!!! Seeing Stewie in color in Family Guy is also a no brainer.

#8 10 years ago

LOTR, SM and ACDC would be huge sellers.

#9 10 years ago

POTC.

LTG : )

#10 10 years ago

Indiana Jones has some cool animations that I would like to see on a color DMD.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I almost insta-voted LOTR but then I though about it for a minute and I think TSPP would get the most out of it. The cartoon style animations would probably translate really well.

But then they need to do LOTR right after that..

#12 10 years ago
    #13 10 years ago

I don't own either but I would think that Avengers or Xmen would look great in color

#14 10 years ago

LOTR first. Then TSPP.

#15 10 years ago

Hopefully no game with FMV until they improve on the technology.

Otherwise, they will look like colorized movies did back in the 80's.

#16 10 years ago

TSPP all the way. It's cartoony and colorful fun. Just look at that playfield. (biased as I still own TSPP)

LOTR is a dark pin and I don't see color really fitting in that well. (biased as I sold LOTR)

#17 10 years ago

At this point, I'd be happy to be able to buy a Sigma (single color) one for Stern games and patiently wait for multi color versions to happen.

#18 10 years ago

TSPP would look awesome. It's perfect for a colorDMD.

#19 10 years ago

I'm in for Metallica. It's the only Stern I own.

#20 10 years ago

Don't shoot me... Austin Powers. Colors would be awesome.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

TSPP all the way. It's cartoony and colorful fun. Just look at that playfield. (biased as I still own TSPP)
    LOTR is a dark pin and I don't see color really fitting in that well. (biased as I sold LOTR)

Even though i dont like the pin TSPP makes most sense.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

I'm in for Metallica. It's the only Stern I own.

+1

#23 10 years ago

LOTR is the safe bet (as you can see from the votes).

I have my doubts on any of the games that use compressed video footage on the DMD. If they are going to try that.....might as well go with Spider-Man.

Personally...I picked X-Men. I think it has the best DMD animations of any game I have seen. Avengers would be close but it isn't full screen all of the time like X-Men is.

#25 10 years ago

POTC, Tron, RCT, and Avengers.

#26 10 years ago

pins that use footage from the movies will probably look bad on the color dmd.
    in this way lotr, tspp will look great because the animations are all made from scratch for the dmd.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

pins that use footage from the movies will probably look bad on the color dmd.
    in this way lotr, tspp will look great because the animations are all made from scratch for the dmd.

I don't know if I agree with this logic. The reason the movie footage looks bad is because single color shading in DMDs does not distinguish details well. If you have different colors it should be able to show the movie footage details much better than the dot matrix single color. For example, in SM you could see the differentiation between Peter Parker's face and his costume.

#28 10 years ago

Well, they already showed a TSPP in the Sigma mode. Really liking those graphics a lot. Simpsons_ColorDMD.jpgSimpsons_ColorDMD.jpg

#29 10 years ago

And some LOTR shots in Sigma mode as well.
    I can't wait until the Simga turns into full color HD animation.
    That will be a worthy upgrade to have. Gandolff_ColorDMD.jpgGandolff_ColorDMD.jpg LOTR_ColorDMD.jpgLOTR_ColorDMD.jpg

#30 10 years ago

I'd like to vote 50 times and say AC/DC since I got rid of my LOTR, Tron would be a close 2nd though.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And some LOTR shots in Sigma mode as well.
    I can't wait until the Simga turns into full color HD animation.
    That will be a worthy upgrade to have.

I have to say... That does look pretty hot.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

LOTR, SM and ACDC would be huge sellers.

These guys, but I wouldn't pay for one......

#34 10 years ago

TSPP by a mile.

#35 10 years ago

TSPP no contest!!!

#36 10 years ago

They would pick the titles that have the most machines out there so they sell a bunch, and LOTR should be on the top of the list IMO. I've seen more of them than any other Stern title.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know if I agree with this logic. The reason the movie footage looks bad is because single color shading in DMDs does not distinguish details well. If you have different colors it should be able to show the movie footage details much better than the dot matrix single color. For example, in SM you could see the differentiation between Peter Parker's face and his costume.

The real challenge with the games that have movie footage would be the sheer amount of work necessary to color them. There's going to be a LOT of different frames to match, then each one would need to be colored on a dot-by-dot basis as compared to hand drawn stuff where you can color with a broad stroke. If done correctly, it could make the movie footage look way better.

#38 10 years ago

I would love to see FG, but from the manufacturer's point of view they would be nuts to not go with LOTR.

#39 10 years ago

LOTR's no contest!

#40 10 years ago

T R O N L E

duhhhhh.....
    sell like a ba-zillion, fur-shur

#41 10 years ago

I voted TSPP, but think LOTR, FGY, and XM would look great. If something can be done with the movie clips, then SM and TF because I own one. Either way I'll be buying them for my games. Got to see these in action at Flippers in NC, and thought they looked good.

3 weeks later
    #43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Star Trek. Seriously.

I wanted it to be an LCD....

#44 10 years ago

I think that TSSP has the most opportunity to look good, but I don't have one so I voted LotR. Metallica would also be BADASS with the Dirty Donny dots.

If they do LotR, I hope that they show some restraint and still keep the palette somewhat monochrome for the most part...the game looks so damn good with the orange/yellow color palette and incandescent bulbs, so I wouldn't want it to be crazy colorful.

#45 10 years ago

Angry Birds.

#46 10 years ago

TSPP and Xmen would be great. Any game with all custom dots would translate well, but since I only get one vote, had to go TSPP.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Angry Birds.

LOL, Lloyd.

#48 10 years ago

LOTR followed by Spider-Man and ACDC

#49 10 years ago

Thunderbirds?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Games like IM and SM have actual movie footage, I'm not sure how well this would translate. LOTR would be great to see first.

This is the reason I chose SM... the movie footage looks terrible on a normal DMD, but with added color it might be nice... so IM and SM may see the best improvement of all.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-existing-stern-would-you-like-to-see-in-colordmd-first and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.