(Topic ID: 336603)

Which EM’s have drops, a spinner, and non-symmetrical layout?

By aFineMoose

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8707 (resized).jpeg
    20200809_161925 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0666 (resized).JPG
    0EFDE2ED-F8EE-4249-8308-F79FAACF8FB4 (resized).jpeg
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd like to visit again sometime.

Yes. Anytime you might be up this way, you're always welcome.
    That upper room that was more of a storage warehouse is all finished
    and set up with many additional games. It's the better of the 3 rooms..

#52 1 year ago

koji I see you online all the time. Kicking myself for a few of the machines you’ve listed that I never picked up. Is Zaccaria generally reliable/easy to find parts for?

Thinking about checking out that 300 in the coming days.

Mentions of Joker Poker and Sinbad: I LOVE Joker Poker, and would pick it up in a heartbeat. Sinbad is fun. Would consider it if one popped up.

Hot Tip looks right up my alley. Love the theme, art, and most importantly the playfield looks like a lot of fun. Hoping one pops up that I can try out.

#53 1 year ago

I only have one Zaccaria EM but it seems to be just as reliable as the other manufacturers. If the sound board is bad, it might be a challenge fixing or finding parts for it. Other than that it's mostly standard EM parts

#54 1 year ago

Another vote for Hot Tip, Old Chicago, and Evel Knievel. Is Night Rider maybe a little too symmetrical?

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Another vote for Hot Tip, Old Chicago, and Evel Knievel. Is Night Rider maybe a little too symmetrical?

Isn’t nite rider totally symmetrical?

It’s also got crummy rules for a drop target / spinner games.

Light spinner for…100?

Drops
    Don’t do anything but add bonus and make you drain?

It’s a great looking game though.

#56 1 year ago

I know it's not an EM....and I do love the ems....but the one pinball machine in our garage growing up was a Gottlieb Tag Team. Exactly what the OP is looking for. Drop targets where each one advances the bonus, asymetrical layout, lighting the spinner really racks up the points in this game, plus it has an awesome skill shot to start the "wizard mode" of the game - the 3 ball multi-ball. When the multi-ball starts, the lights switch to red. It's pretty great, for that era of game.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi: Drops
    Don’t do anything but add bonus and make you drain?
    It’s a great looking game though.

Plenty of reason to shoot drops on Night Rider, depending on your settings of the drop target adjustment plugs and the lane adj. plugs. Both (or either) to score 6000 (or 3000). And Light Extra Ball Lane. Second drop of either bank scores 3000 and scores Special (or extra ball)

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from edednedy:

Plenty of reason to shoot drops on Night Rider

Also, not very often myself do I peg out the Bonus, and each Drop adds a
    1,000 point Bonus which adds up, especially if Double Bonus is achieved..

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from aFineMoose:

I have room for an EM and am trying to think of what ticks the boxes of what I’d like. There’s no EM’s around me, so my exposure level is super limited.

You may not find EXACTLY all the criteria you are looking for, but a quick Facebook search shows a lot of options near you.

1) You have the Pinside top-rated EM pinball available via Facebook marketplace very close to you at a good price.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/871718283864280/

2) There is also an op-pop-pop, which is pretty desirable as well.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/467310338781415/

3) Wow! Another Bally Surfers that looks to be in excellent shape!

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/263145536074202/

4) Interflip Dragon. Off beat, and very cool.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1256606631953893/

5) Gottlieb golden arrow in GREAT condition. It's symmetrical, but an awesome spinner game.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/6196674937075801/

You have an UNBELIEVABLE selection to choose from!!
    These games wouldn't last 5 minutes where I live...........

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude: 1) You have the Pinside top-rated EM pinball available via Facebook marketplace very close to you at a good price.
    https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/871718283864280/

3) Wow! Another Bally Surfers that looks to be in excellent shape!
    https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/263145536074202/

Does anybody else find it amusing that according to the Pinside Top 100. The greatest EM pinball ever produced is a Bally Surfers.

Without looking, guess what is number 2?

Clue: It's just as random as number 1

#61 1 year ago

Argosy is definitely fun and I like the artwork too. I’ve never played Hot Tip, but it looks like lots of fun.
    I need to get an EM with a spinner.

#62 1 year ago

I tried Surfers. It’s fun and a good price, but given I’m just beginning my search, I either want to try a bunch and decide, or take the plunge if I’m blown away, which I wasn’t. Upon watching some vids I wanna try Volley. Only 1/3 of what I asked for, but the rules make it look pretty cool.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from edednedy:

Does anybody else find it amusing that according to the Pinside Top 100. The greatest EM pinball ever produced is a Bally Surfers.
    Without looking, guess what is number 2?
    Clue: It's just as random as number 1

I am going to make a very unpopular statement here: IPDB does a better job of ranking EMs vs pinside. It's a shame, and I hate to say it...but many posters here are SS and "newer" pin guys. I truly believe that ipdb's list is far more accurate for EM's.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I truly believe that ipdb's list is far more accurate for EM's.

I've never played Surfers, but 10 to 1, I have to think I wouldn't have room for one in the game room.
    Maybe possibly the AAB version, but I'm not so sure one exist in the U.S.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am going to make a very unpopular statement here: IPDB does a better job of ranking EMs vs pinside. It's a shame, and I hate to say it...but many posters here are SS and "newer" pin guys. I truly believe that ipdb's list is far more accurate for EM's.

Agree. It’s frustrating when you see a low rating on an EM here and the comment is something like, “really slow” and not much to do, boring” and the poster owns 22 newer machines and 1 or zero EMs.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Agree. It’s frustrating when you see a low rating on an EM here and the comment is something like, “really slow” and not much to do, boring” and the poster owns 22 newer machines and 1 or zero EMs.

Yeah, those same guys like to chime on threads where people ask the value of a specific EM. Or the same type that like the coffee table conversion or Arduino/Raspbery Pi "upgrade". It's always a little sad to me when you realize many see EM's as old junk.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Maybe possibly the AAB version, but I'm not so sure one exist in the U.S.

Well, I added the extra ball relay to mine, so I guess it’s an AAB.

Surfers is a good game.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

Well, I added the extra ball relay to mine, so I guess it’s an AAB.
    Surfers is a good game.

What do you like about Surfers?

#69 1 year ago

Beautiful artwork, zipper flippers, left out lane kick back (when lit), right out lane gate to shooter lane (when lit), spelling “SURFS”ville to light balloons in backglass will score replay/added ball on balloons 3, 6, & 9. Ring a ding saucer for big points which are increased by hitting blue mushrooms. Also skill shot saucer at top to light white mushrooms and the upper flipper to hit them. What’s not to like?

1 week later
    #70 1 year ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/774673327510880/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Not mine (as I'd never ever sell mine) but with all the Hot Tip talk thought it might interest someone here.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/774673327510880/?mibextid=dXMIcH
    Not mine (as I'd never ever sell mine) but with all the Hot Tip talk thought it might interest someone here.

I contacted him yesterday. He stated this morning there is one person who is coming to look at at. It's a bit of a road trip and a holiday weekend but I'm staying in touch with him

#72 1 year ago

Still pinching myself

IMG_8707 (resized).jpegIMG_8707 (resized).jpeg
    #73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Still pinching myself
    [quoted image]

Yes! Congratulations! Glad it worked out!

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.