(Topic ID: 142811)

Which EM has a Corvette on the back glass?

By Cam

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_7.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Which EM has a Corvette on the back glass?
A friend just called me telling me he found an old pinball machine made by Bally with a Corvette on the backglass, but he doesn't know which one it is. He's going to send me pictures....

#3 8 years ago

He went back and had a better look. It's a 1963 Bally Cross Country. I guess the Corvette is on the playfield not the bg.
Is it a good machine? It looks like it's been repainted, he says it doesn't work. The asking price is $500.

#5 8 years ago

Funny. Thanks for the quick replies, I'm going to try to pick it up. I've been wanting a short flipper EM!

#8 8 years ago

We made a deal and I'm headed to pick it up right now! He said it has worked for years and only stopped working after they moved it the last time. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Look at that poor backglass. Way before 1963, Vancouver Island was part of Canada, not Washington State. Even the Manitoulin Islands seen to be marked as part of Michigan. Guessing that there were no school atlas's at Bally, at that time?

Lol, no kidding! Yeah, she looks kinda rough... Hopefully it's not even rougher in person.

#11 8 years ago

She's in the back of the truck on its way home!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#16 8 years ago

Thanks guys!! I'm excited and can't wait to get it playing!

Here are some pics. If you EM guys notice anything please let me know, I'm new to the EM world and have much to learn.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

image_6.jpegimage_6.jpeg

image_7.jpegimage_7.jpeg

#18 8 years ago

After unloading it I put a new end on the power cord, then I didn't even know how to turn it on I then remembered that the guy said he had to trigger a switch inside the coin door to turn it on (it's missing both coin mech's).

So I did that and she came to life both flippers functioned when I tried them, I thought I was in business until I closer the coin door and it shut off.

Now when I turn it on the score motor? It's in the 2nd last pic won't stop turning and the flippers don't work

I'm going to read up and see what I can figure out. In the meantime if anyone see's anything in the pics or figures they can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not on the 1966 Bally I have and I don't believe this one uses it either. I found a schematic for a Grand Tour which is probably very similar

Awesome, thank you!

Quoted from o-din:

The three things that will shut it off are the shut-off switch, the bounce switch and the anti cheat switch in the coin door and that is where I would look first.

It was the slam tilt in the coin door, it was set way too sensitive. If I closed it very gently it stayed on, but I just adjusted it so it is no longer an issue.

Quoted from o-din:

After that is fixed and it stays on the score motor turning can be caused by not only a score reel not going back to zero but also the relay bank in the bottom of the cabinet must reset. There is a large solenoid on it that performs that task. Be careful as these Ballys run 50 volts and can give quite a jolt.

Perfect, thanks for the idea's. I'll see what I can find tonight.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Congrats! You have already fixed the first problem. You can maually reset the score reels by clicking the solenoids and relay bank by hand and then try to start a game. If the score motor keeps turning you will have to dig deeper. May be a switch on one of these assemblies or even a switch on the score motor as KC said. There are other relays involved as well. It looks like all the parts are there, so fixing it is only a process of elimination at this point.

It turned out to be a pop bumper relay/switch, it was stuck and as soon as I moved it manually the score motor stopped and the pop bumper fired.
All of a sudden I was playing pinball
There are a few things I noticed that I will need to sort out....
-There's a loud hum/vibration coming from the score reels that seems to stops once in a while. And something in the backbox is making awful noises when switches are hit.
-The bell does not ring much at all on scoring, only occasionally.
-Flippers are weak.
-All playfield switches seem to work except one, the switch seems to function fine but doesn't register points.

I'm sure I'll find more as I go, but this is a start!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-em-has-a-corvette-on-the-back-glass?tu=Cam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.