Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

For EM-work, the cordless Dremel 8220 has served me incredibly well for portable multifunction tasks. It has long battery life and powerful operation. I have used it to cut through thick padlocks on pinball trailers, polish contacts, sand/reshape metals, smooth reel glide tracks and much more on a single charge without the necessity of lugging around a wheelbarrow of tools.

It is always a good idea to get a second battery so that you can run the primary down to zero before recharging.

Most cordless Dremels sold in stores are the lower-end models. These are the ones most often referred to (including in this thread). Avoid them. Low power, poor speed control, low battery life... they will frustrate you.

Not so with the current 8220 top model. I’ve used one in hundreds of games and the original battery still runs all day.

Like all tools, using a Dremel is a matter of preference and technique. It’s all about the journey and the end result.

#20 6 years ago

I personally don’t use the Dremel for playfield swaps or prep. Mostly common tools as flynnibus mentioned previously. A small bit and drill will do fine for clearing pop ring holes and making small pilot holes.

Definitely have a staple puller on hand. Those are useful as heck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-dremmel-should-i-buy?tu=NicoVolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.