(Topic ID: 48380)

Which do you prefer The Avengers LE or X-Men LE?

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whichdo you prefer?”

• The Avengers LE 57 votes
    36%
  • X-men LE 102 votes
    64%

(159 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RONNIESTOPSTHECLOCK.png
Glass-House-3.jpg
popeye.jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I prefer Avengers Pro and X-Men Pro and saving a ton of coin. I have both pro versions and like them both very much.

#103 11 years ago

XMen, but it could still a software update or two.

I think many people forget that the opinion of a game is greatly affected by the skill level of the player. I don't see this mentioned very much (i.e. "Great pin for an advanced player" or "Pin difficulty would bore an advanced player").

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I havent lost money on a LE purchase yet with the exception of TFLE which I did actually play 1st. Its definitely a risky thing to buy LE's without playing them 1st but if you are willing to maybe lose a couple hundred bucks sometimes it can reward you. Hell you cant take it with you right???

I have no idea how you were able to *not* lose money on X-Men LE.

Oh wait, I do: you sold it before anyone else!

#105 11 years ago

Neither. Avengers if I had to.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Guess it just takes others longer to figure things out.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Guess it just takes others longer to figure things out.

Indeed!

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Got mine for a little over 7k, worth probably only 5.8k, but I haven't lost money yet as I haven't sold it. If I wanted to sell it right now, I would lose money. Hypothetically, what if I sold it next year? 3 things can happen- my machine appreciates, depreciates or stays the same.

Scenario 1 - Reasons why it might go up slightly in the future:

Code will improve the game and add features

Aux. problems that haunted initial sales have been fixed

No Premium models

Pro won't be able to closely simulate a LE like Tron did with mods. (I said closely, Tron LE is still the better than a modded Pro without taking price into consideration)

There will be less inventory in distributor and speculator hands.

Lowest any other unpopular LE models have gone to is about 4.8k to 5k, so the bottom has almost been reached in a worst case scenario situation.

IM and SM are 2 super hero pins that went up after a year's time after initial, early depreciation.

Scenario 2 - Reasons why it might slightly depreciate more:

New code doesn't get released or is another Power Pack release that screws things up. (Even if so, the current code is good)

Bigger supply as people dump them for another machine (Metallica, Star Trek, Hobbit etc...), flippers unload them- (I think most of the dumping in great numbers has already been done, there will still be FS threads, but less FS posts than the past 4 months.)

To wrap up my long thought, I know that I will lose money on this machine, but if I hold onto it for another year, indicators show I would have a better chance recouping some of my money if I want to sell it.

Since I really enjoy the pin, and don't foresee any emergencies forcing me to sell, it is all a moot point anyways. People say they don't think of their pins as an investment, but nobody likes to own anything that loses money if they ever had to sell it.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Since I really enjoy the pin, and don't foresee any emergencies forcing me to sell, it is all a moot point anyways. People say they don't think of their pins as an investment, but nobody likes to own anything that loses money if they ever had to sell it.

Bingo...don't worry about it Jim..BUT, your Warriors are in it to win it and it's on tomorrow night!

#110 11 years ago

Xmen LE hands down!

BTW, congrats to DJ Fluker as being the first Charger being drafted!!!

#111 11 years ago

Have not played TAV, but I would say there are many votes for both pins.

Probably XM LE had an up-down-down-down-up period after it's release and code debacle and update, and it's currently in the up period.

TAV might be in the down period. I think in a year or so, I'd do the poll over starting at a clean sheet after more people get to play TAV and see how they rank later after they have settled in.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Got mine for a little over 7k, worth probably only 5.8k, but I haven't lost money yet as I haven't sold it. If I wanted to sell it right now, I would lose money. Hypothetically, what if I sold it next year? 3 things can happen- my machine appreciates, depreciates or stays the same.
Scenario 1 - Reasons why it might go up slightly in the future:
Code will improve the game and add features
Aux. problems that haunted initial sales have been fixed
No Premium models
Pro won't be able to closely simulate a LE like Tron did with mods. (I said closely, TRON LE is still the better than a modded Pro without taking price into consideration)
There will be less inventory in distributor and speculator hands.
Lowest any other unpopular LE models have gone to is about 4.8k to 5k, so the bottom has almost been reached in a worst case scenario situation.
IM and SM are 2 super hero pins that went up after a year's time after initial, early depreciation.
Scenario 2 - Reasons why it might slightly depreciate more:
New code doesn't get released or is another Power Pack release that screws things up. (Even if so, the current code is good)
Bigger supply as people dump them for another machine (Metallica, Star Trek, Hobbit etc...), flippers unload them- (I think most of the dumping in great numbers has already been done, there will still be FS threads, but less FS posts than the past 4 months.)
To wrap up my long thought, I know that I will loss money on this machine, but if I hold onto it for another year, indicators show I would have a better chance recouping some of my money if I want to sell it.

Very articulate post Jim. I agree 100%! Well, except for the part about liking X-Men.

#113 11 years ago

I think the timing of Avengers/X-men back to back releases hurt each other. Unless you are a major comic fan, most casual pin collectors were going to pick one or the other.

So, I think it was inevitable these 2 pins would be compared too, just like AC/DC and Metallica will be linked soon. Over/Under Vegas odds is that the first month of Metallica's release there will be a poll:

"Which do you prefer, AC/DC Premium or Metallica Premium?" That post will be a fun and interesting read.

#114 11 years ago

I like Xmen a little more. Wolverine edition.

#115 10 years ago

Haven't played XMEN enough to say its as good as my beloved Avengers, which is simply a sublime game. So many nuances to the ruleset. So many ways to approach the game, especially if points are what you want.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Neither. Avengers if I had to.

Then why post anything? Time to change your diaper.

Avengers LE. I like X Men a lot but the Wolverine toy just bugs me.

#117 10 years ago

I love X-Men. Avengers started out great for me but got luke warm the more I play it. I just can't get past the ball hang ups on hulk or ramps that need to be widened. The game has an overall cheaply made feel. X-Men grows on me with each play. I love the randomness of the magnets, I love all the different multi balls and modes. Even though Wolverine is a blocker, I get used to it. It forces me to be a better back hand shot off the right flipper or a better trapper on my left flipper. The only thing that gets in the way for me is that Iceman bridge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-do-you-prefer-the-avengers-le-or-x-men-le/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.