(Topic ID: 154072)

Which Data East 128x32 ColorDMD do you want?

By PinballManiac40

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Data East ColorDMD do you want? Can vote for more than one.”

• The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends 38 votes
    11%
  • Jurassic Park 78 votes
    23%
  • Last Action Hero 24 votes
    7%
  • Lethal Weapon 3 14 votes
    4%
  • Maverick 12 votes
    4%
  • Star Wars 57 votes
    17%
  • Tales from the Crypt 72 votes
    21%
  • The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard 24 votes
    7%
  • WWF Royal Rumble 21 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 340 votes by 258 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-24_08-08-47 (resized).png
2018-01-30 02_08_07-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
tumblr_mblx86ZI2A1r273sho1_500_(resized).png
maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

With the recent release of ColorDMD for GNR, it seemed it is necessary to find out which other DE 128x32 games people would like to see colorized first. Vote for multiples if you like.

I look forward to several of these, but for my collection I would like to see Rocky and Bullwinkle first.

Note: Maverick is a large 128x64 display and was only added because there was an empty selection. As of 11/2016, there still is no support for this large display.

#4 8 years ago

I don't see LAH being any more difficult than any other machine that has already been colorized. Just need someone to take ownership of it.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Starship trooper!!!!!

not DE sir. That is for another thread.

#15 8 years ago

Wow. Only 10 votes for Star Wars so far. I would have expected it to be one of the top 2.

2 weeks later
#19 8 years ago

JP and TFTC pretty much tied at 30 each right now.

1 month later
#30 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

And BTTF 2.0! (How sweet would a BTTF 2.0 be?)

Good luck with that. You should get started on that project now.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can I run a CDMD in sigma mode in LW3? Not sure what system LW3 runs.

Yes, once the Tommy display is available, that one would be the one to purchase. You'll have the correct mounting bracket and cables for that speaker panel since it is the same as on Tommy.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can I run a CDMD in sigma mode in LW3? Not sure what system LW3 runs.

ColorDMD just released installation notes for this speaker panel.
http://www.colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20Data%20East%20Plastic%20Speaker%20Panel%20Rev4.PDF

If you're not comfortable doing the modification, then you could hold off and wait for the new RGB LED display later this summer that will be a perfect fit. This is assuming you would only want colored DOTS. It will not be able to do the HiRES and SCAN modes that the LCD version can do.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But I love that hires mode or scan mode. Whichever one is that smoothing of the dots and looks awesome in games like Simpsons and AFM

Currently, the LCD version is the only one available now, which would be the one you would want now. So watch out in future purchases as it might get confusing ordering a display.

#42 7 years ago

chuckwurt, seems your collection list is out of date since LW3 is not even on your list.

Game of Thrones is not currently supported because of the new SPIKE board system that it has. We do not know what the future holds for them at this time.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rocky & Bullwinkle - cartoons were in color, DMD should be too!

I hope to see it in color this year. I'm ready to put one in my game.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

TFTC has the best dots of any game from its era and beyond--I can only imagine what the animations would look like in color!

You can order the Tommy display now and install it in TFTC since it has the same speaker panel. That way you can choose any single color you want and upgrade to DOTSXL, 8bit, tiles, HiRES or even SCAN mode. That itself would be an upgrade from the orange plasma display. You would then only be needing the colored file when it gets released.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nah it's good. Don't have LW3 yet. Haha. Thanks for the info.

Is the DMD not working in that LW3?
Probably not the ideal machine to put a ColorDMD in, but who am I to judge. LOL Everyone likes different titles.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Colordmd made a post about it on their fb. They said in the post the price is undetermined, but will probably be near the lcd level.

And remember this will be plug in play just like the LCD version. Easily swappable to other games too.

#53 7 years ago

We have video for the Tommy release now. Awesome.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Were is the Star Trek option?

Only have 9 options for a poll, so I picked all the remaining 128x32 games and threw in Maverick since the support should be there already for Sigma, minus the screen size.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Just to be clear, I can order the Tommy one now, and if/when TFTC gets officially colorized, I can just download the file from ColorDMD website?

Yep. Giddy up!

Quoted from davebart5:

I didn't see a way to vote anymore, and TFTC would get mine.

If you voted once in the past, you cannot change your vote unfortunately.

#64 7 years ago

I plan on buying the LED RGB display for Rocky and Bullwinkle since the LCD seems to be in way of the hat trick in the backbox.
Oh how awesome the animations of that game would look on HiRes.

1 month later
#71 7 years ago

Currently the 128x16 DMD in games like Star Trek are in the unknown category at the moment.

#72 7 years ago

Can't argue with that logic.

1 month later
#76 7 years ago

SW, TFTC, and JP are still the top picks for wanting color. Hope one of these happens soon.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Tatersalad321:

I want a colorDMD for TMNT, which isn't included in the poll for some reason.

A couple of reasons for that.
1. Pinside only allows 9 selections for a poll.
2. The thread is about "Which Data East 128x32 ColorDMD do you want?" TMNT is a 128x16 display.

#80 7 years ago

A new thread could be created for the 5 games that use the 128x16 display.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Rocky and Bullwinkle would be pretty awesome in color. Lot of animation in that game.

I am looking forward to putting a LED display in mine. Can't wait for it to be colorized!!

#85 7 years ago

Tommy and GNR available now for the LED display.
http://shop.colordmd.com/led-displays/

2 weeks later
3 months later
#90 7 years ago

So far only Star Wars and Tommy have been colorized. Looking forward to seeing some more of these DE games colorized soon.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

...and Guns N Roses...

I was referring to the ones that were on the poll. But good point.

3 weeks later
#94 7 years ago

Here's hoping that JP will be in color soon.

3 months later
3 months later
#96 6 years ago

Good news. LED ColorDMD will be released for The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-60-rocky-and-bullwinkle

2 weeks later
#100 6 years ago

DATA EAST (4 games left)
Last Action Hero ;Lethal Weapon 3 ;Maverick; WWF Royal Rumble

6 months later
#101 6 years ago

Very soon, a new large Sigma ColorDMD display will be available for Maverick. So there is some hope now for full color for that game. I suspect it will only be available in the LED display, at least for now.

2018-01-30 02_08_07-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-01-30 02_08_07-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png

1 month later
#102 6 years ago

WWFRR ColorDMD has been announced. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-73-its-time-to-rumble

Now we are done to Lethal Weapon 3, Maverick, and LAH

3 weeks later
#103 5 years ago

DE Maverick now has a chance to get done with this X-LED.
ColorDMD X-LED DISPLAY! Limited Pilot Run
We are now accepting orders through our store site: http://shop.colordmd.com

Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-24_08-08-47 (resized).pngHouston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-24_08-08-47 (resized).png

2 months later
#104 5 years ago

ColorDMD for LAH has been announced. I enjoyed beta testing this one. https://mailchi.mp/e0e486780f78/colordmd-announces-game-78-lights-camera-action

Now we are just down to LW3 and Maverick.

1 month later
#107 5 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Mystery Castle please. The classic game would absolutely SHINE with a ColorDMD. The community of Alvin G fans and owners would be ever so thankful. Thank you in advance ColorDMD!

Wrong thread. This one was for DE games.

2 years later
#110 3 years ago

You can follow the 128x16 DMD displays on this thread. The first announced was Batman.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-new-platform-for-128x16-games-and-100th-title

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-data-east-colordmd-do-you-want?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.