Topic poll

“Which colordmd for ToM?”

• LCD 7 votes
    70%
  • LED 3 votes
    30%

(10 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Trying to decide between the LCD color DMD or the LED color DMD For my theatre of magic. I plan on staying in dot mode if I go for the LCD anyway so the different modes are somewhat irrelevant to me. I'll be honest the brightness of the led panels is the main draw for me to go that route but I've never seen the led version in person. Also is ToM currently supported for the led version? I know it is on the LCD version. Has anyone seen the 2 side by side? Any big drawbacks to the led colordmd?

#3 4 years ago

I think the LED support is getting rolled out in mid November. I have the LCD version and I like the Hi Res on it. I vote LCD

#4 4 years ago

Hi res is awesome on some games for sure but not sure if it looks that great on ToM or not

#5 4 years ago

Led doesnt look right to me seems to intense. its truely pixelated so you loose the options of different fonts.

#6 4 years ago

I have an LED ColorDMD on my TOM. Love it! Looks awesome!

#7 4 years ago

Id need to see video of both before I comment
The colordmd guys have said that there is some color bleeding on the LED displays. Id like to see it in person and find out if it is a deal breaker

#8 4 years ago

Like most of the Bally/Williams game - LCD set to DotsXL.

#9 4 years ago

I've got mine with LCD in hi res. I'd say go LCD as you'd have more options for display settings.

#10 4 years ago

I say go LCD & use dotsXL if you like dots. For me LCD > LED , the LED is a great option if you don't have room for an LCD & want color. There's a certain harshness to an LED dmd , IM w/ a plasma dmd vs IMVE w/ LED dmd is a good example . People thought it was code compression when the FMV didn't look as good on the VE compared to the OG. What you were seeing was the LED display in the vault didn't look as good as the plasma in the original.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside