(Topic ID: 125970)

Which ColorDMD do you want? Poll included!

By Grinder901

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by V8haha
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game do you want ColorDMD to do?”

• Iron Man 82 votes
    8%
  • Avengers 22 votes
    2%
  • Twilight Zone 220 votes
    21%
  • Congo 55 votes
    5%
  • Baywatch 38 votes
    4%
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle 34 votes
    3%
  • Tron 143 votes
    13%
  • Star Trek 182 votes
    17%
  • Other 289 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 1065 votes by 915 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5036 (resized).PNG
Sigma Indy 500 (resized).png
Sigma Indy 500 (resized).png
Sigma Stern IJ (resized).png
WPT.png
7554485_tnghZ.jpeg
11866289_1115461121816185_1883762546531037749_n.jpg
Backtoschool.jpg
Terminator_2.jpg
clue_2.jpg
image.jpg
Borg.jpg
deadpool.gif
Olivia-Wilde-spray-this-2.gif
slide_5_colordmd.png
the-simpsons.jpg
There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 8 years ago

Would love to say IM but the dots are so mediocre...

Seems like TZ is deserving of it!

#52 8 years ago

Xmen

#54 8 years ago

Funhouse & Terminator 2

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Funhouse & Terminator 2

Funhouse?

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Not listed....Pinball Magic of course!!!

Don't see it happening. More people on this site have CC than PM. Airborne is under 50 users or so.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Black Rose - I know...ColorDMD might not fit

Might as well get a ColorDMD for BR, it has so many damn video modes.

#58 8 years ago

Star Trek and NGG

#59 8 years ago

They are pumping out the titles now so what ever game is nominated they will get to

But for my 2c Data East Star Trek!!!

And ironman

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

They are pumping out the titles now so what ever game is nominated they will get to
But for my 2c Data East Star Trek!!!
And ironman

Not sure if they would ever go with that formfactor being so narrow. But count me in if they ever do.

#62 8 years ago

Congo & Shadow

#63 8 years ago

TZ has won every one of these polls pretty easily....has to be something amazingly difficult in pulling it off....hopefully some day....

#65 8 years ago

FG would be a no brainier

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

tron
Tron
TRon
TROn
TRON !

Say it, don't spray it. But yeah, what he said.

#67 8 years ago

Imagine Quorra in Color... just saying...

Olivia-Wilde-spray-this-2.gifOlivia-Wilde-spray-this-2.gif

#68 8 years ago

Spiderman

#69 8 years ago

CSI !!!!
Game would look sick with a colordmd. The DNA strands and gun stuff?! WOWZAA!!

#70 8 years ago

My vote is for Pinball Magic 'cause I already have them in my other games and like them a lot.

#71 8 years ago

I am really surprised to see so many votes for TZ. I own the game and just dont see it in color. B/W maybe, but no need for color on an old black and white show based game.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am really surprised to see so many votes for TZ. I own the game and just dont see it in color. B/W maybe, but no need for color on an old black and white show based game.

Every time I see this comment I shake my head. The playfield and cabinet and translite aren't in black and white. Who cares if the show was? Does having it in orange somehow represent it better?

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every time I see this comment I shake my head. The playfield and cabinet and translite aren't in black and white. Who cares if the show was? Does having it in orange somehow represent it better?

ColorDMD feels 'new' and fresh, but I like the old theme and feel of the standard orange DMD in a classic game which uses imagery from a BLACK and WHITE show.

TZ would not benefit from color IMO. Color does not go with the theme.

Similar to how TSPP is great in color as it perfectly fits that theme.

#74 8 years ago

Guns n' Roses.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm with you....I've got a Sigma in it now, and run it smoother in B&W....looks cool, but my GAME has vibrant color all over it...hard to imagine how badass it will look in color....

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ColorDMD feels 'new' and fresh, but I like the old theme and feel of the standard orange DMD in a classic game which uses imagery from a BLACK and WHITE show.

Sort of agree...TSPP is easily my favorite ColorDMD at the moment ( not even a close second in my lineup)...but FGY's Orange dots look like crap next to it now....

I think TAF smokes with the new color as well, and can't imagine TZ wouldn't do the same...

It's in virtually EVERY top 1-3 list of top games, massive following that has been begging for it almost 2 years now....just doesn't make sense ( fiscally, or popularity wise)....mark

#77 8 years ago

Even in this poll...it is requested more than all "other" titles combined, and far exceeds the next closest request (TRON, which I have a Sigma in as well). I remember Randy mentioning there were challenges in the design, and it's been targeted for the last 2 years.....am sure it will be worth the wait!!!

#79 8 years ago

Yes...have a Sigma there too...just waiting......

#80 8 years ago

It's time for Twilight Zone Color DMD. TZ is the only game in the top 5 on Pinside that doesn't have Color DMD support.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's time for Twilight Zone Color DMD. TZ is the only game in the top 5 on Pinside that doesn't have Color DMD support.

Crap...almost the only one in the top 18 that doesn't have one.....seriously.....what's up??

#82 8 years ago

Tron will be amazing.

#83 8 years ago

Someone asked about Funhouse, but that's not a DMD pin. Hard to make a ColorDMD for a pin without a DMD... Just sayin'

On the b/w side, the last remaining 18 titles of the Pinside top 100 that haven't been colorized yet (and can be) include:

02 - Twilight Zone
25 - The Shadow
28 - Cactus Canyon *
31 - Dracula
32 - No Good Gophers
34 - The Getaway
37 - Indianapolis 500
39 - Congo
49 - World Cup Soccer
51 - Champion Pub *
58 - T2
65 - Junk Yard
68 - Black Rose
73 - Corvette
75 - Demolition Man
85 - Who Dunnit?
88 - Jack Bot
94 - NBA Fastbreak

Notes:

* Due to rarity, Id' suspect these titles would not be a priority(based on sales expectations), though their quality of their animations are the intangible factor that needs to be considered.

- I do not believe that a ColorDMD will fit in Cirque Voltaire or Safe Cracker.

It would be nice to see separate voting polls for most desired B/W titles vs Stern titles.

Aside from TZ, and I'm just guessing, I suspect the most desired titles to colorize would include:
NGG, WCS, CP, TS, JY, T2 and DM.

I trust any of us that own any Capcom pins (Kingpin, BBB, Pinball Magic) would pay dearly for a ColorDMD, but that platform has yet to be tackled. I know the PM animations would be simply spectacular!

-Brian

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

81 - SafeCracker *

Notes:
* Due to rarity, I'd suspect these titles would not be a priority(based on sales expectations), though their quality of their animations are the intangible factor that needs to be considered.

I'm pretty sure mounting a ColorDMD would be a challenge in SC, if it's even possible, because of the game board assembly in the head. If it's doable and someone colorized it, I'll buy one though.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I used to agree as I have mine setup in B&W too, but to have the colored option is great.

#86 8 years ago

X-MEN

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Someone asked about Funhouse, but that's not a DMD pin. Hard to make a ColorDMD for a pin without a DMD... Just sayin'

Won't Funhouse 2.0 be in color? Not by ColorDMD, though?

#88 8 years ago

CONGO, CSI, and POPEYE!!! Yes I said Popeye now Randy and Chris just needs to make it happen!!

Phoebe

#89 8 years ago

Indianapolis 500
The Shadow
Tales from the Crypt

These are the top games I am hoping for not on the above list.

#90 8 years ago

+1 for Indy 500 and the Shadow

#91 8 years ago

Not sure....but..... I think Whysnow wants Congo.

#92 8 years ago

did someone say congo yet?

Please have the guy that did Dr Who do Congo (Shimoda?) He rocks as coloring!

#93 8 years ago

deadpool.gifdeadpool.gif

#94 8 years ago

Easy , NGG

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

CONGO, CSI, and Popeye!!! Yes I said Popeye now Randy and Chris just needs to make it happen!!
Phoebe

Keep trying Phoebe, keep trying.

#97 8 years ago

WOZ!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure mounting a ColorDMD would be a challenge in SC, if it's even possible, because of the game board assembly in the head. If it's doable and someone colorized it, I'll buy one though.

I think you're right that a ColorDMD won't fit in SC, but since I don't have that title, I wasn't in a position to confirm. Prior post updated to reflect what we believe. That leaves 18...

#99 8 years ago

Another vote for NGG. Really colorful table that would look great with a color DMD.

#100 8 years ago

So I know there has been arguments for and against color on TZ, I also know it's in the works and is coming out this year (next I hope please lol). Anyways I accidentally loaded the Addams family update in my TZ recently. I love my mistake. Lol I changed out my bulbs for LEDs on this pin, mostly blue, and by accidentally loading the wrong code I now have just a little blue in my dmd animations, the free play, ball number, ect. Sometimes there are color glitches, mainly on some of the rocket animation, but I like it none the less. Don't get me wrong I can't wait for more color but for now it looks nice. Thank you colordmd for all your hard work.
R/S
Justin image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.