47%
  • Red: See how deep the rabbit hole goes. 6 votes
    32%

(19 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SM_reddmdcover.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Going to replace the DMD in JM in the near future. Contemplating which color to get.

#2 10 years ago

My cabinet faded a bit into a deep orange so I went with original. If it were deep red still I'd have used a red pinbits filter. But those are the only colors that seemed to make sense for me on this one.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My cabinet faded a bit into a deep orange so I went with original. If it were deep red still I'd have used a red pinbits filter. But those are the only colors that seemed to make sense for me on this one.

Yeah my fade is more orange into yellow. I can see potential in all colors, with the blue color of the playfield, and red accents/lights.

#4 10 years ago

Why not go with the Color DMD Sigma display. It will give you 49 different color hues and three different display effects (classic dots, high-definition upscaling, and scan lines).

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Why not go with the Color DMD Sigma display. It will give you 49 different color hues and three different display effects (classic dots, high-definition upscaling, and scan lines).

Thats what Im doing as soon as it gets here.

#6 10 years ago

Either red or blue......I'd go blue.

#7 10 years ago

I'll go red since it goes with the cabinet.

#8 10 years ago

I'll go red since it goes with the cabinet.

Unless it is faded then I think the standard orange suits it better Personally I would go with the red pinbits cover for $16. I installed it on my SM a few weeks ago and looks very nice.

SM_reddmdcover.jpgSM_reddmdcover.jpg

#9 10 years ago

I went back and played my game to check on these colors more visually, I do like the blue idea, for some reason I thought purple would work, but while playing it seemed that it would clash terribly, I would however consider green to match the pops, white and yellow (even though it's my least favorite color).

#10 10 years ago

I would love a green for my CFTBL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-color-dmd-for-johnny-mnemonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.