• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinballNZ
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sleeve_70673.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigLebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

I also have the problem, that the strength of my shooter coil seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes the ball goes easily all the way to the left orbit, sometimes it barely reaches the top lanes. I have the rev. C shooter lane, so the ball at least almost always makes it over the hump.
I looked a bit closer at my coil and it seems that the coil is too short to really be fixed in place by the coil retaining bracket. My coil reads 090-5023-00 instead of 090-5023-01 in the manual, but I don´t know wether that makes a difference. The fact that the coil is not completely fixed in place could cause the inconsistency, because the plunger sometimes might scratch the retaining bracket and thus loosing force. I hope my English is good enough to make it clear what I´m trying to say.
I will try an extra washer between the coil and the retaining bracket to see if that solves the problem. I´ll report the result.

3 months later
#9 9 years ago

the metal washer is there, but it´s not able to secure the coil, so I switched the coil tube to this one:
sleeve_70673.jpgsleeve_70673.jpg
Now at least the coil stays securely in place - still I´m having balls that barely make it up the shooter lane.
I´ve looked really close at how the ball goes off the plunger and up the lane and I´m getting the impression, that sometimes the ball hits the first "ring" of the shooter lane, which of course slows it down substantially.
This could be caused by some misalignment of the coil and shooter lane and I´ll have to check this a little more on my GnR. Just wanted to mention it, because it might be the actual cause for some of you folks, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigLebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-coil-is-stronger-gnr-launch-problem?tu=BigLebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.