(Topic ID: 283049)

Which classic Stern is the fastest one ?

By Pinasco

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Classic Stern pins in tech area (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.41.13 AM (resized).png
    PXL_20201011_144547536 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.30.30 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Quicksilver with that 3 drop target in the lower center. DF has the same thing, but QS is right in your face.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

It’s a four drop, but if all the classic Sterns that I’ve played it’s the most brutal, short ball time pin.

Thanks for the correction. I should know that after owning it for years.

1 week later
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I own F2k, Ali, Big Game, Quicksilver, Seawitch, Nineball, Stars, Stingray and Star Gazer.
    Sold Magic, Galaxy, Cheetah, Freefall, Iron Maiden
    Out of all the Sterns I have owned above, QUICKSILVER is the fastest as it's namesake portends!
    [quoted image]

Nice lineup!

I played some QS for a bit this weekend - damn that's a fast game. Easily my favorite game of all time - it's beautiful and deadly at the same time. When you light the spinners and rip them on the first flip, nothing better than it.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Possibly... but most people that just got into the hobby know they can Google any game and find some detailed pics and in most cases, gameplay of it. I know what plays fast and why, I just don’t understand why it’s important at all. Plenty of fast games play like crap. I would rather discuss what’s good because it’s good, not what’s fast just because it’s fast.

See the title of the thread.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Bill talking with me years ago about you Brian selling him on Ali as must own in the sweet spot year of 1980 Sterns started me on my quest for one.
    Found a really nice one a year later at the Allentown show. Restored it up and added red lights under the top 3 saucers so they had that red glow.
    Thank you Brian and Bill for bringing Ali to mind for my consideration and ultimate acquire! Super fun Classic Stern!

I bought an Ali a few years ago and never gotten around to getting it up and running. It didn't look that interesting so moved on to other projects. Seems it's a bit better than what I thought eh?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-classic-stern-is-the-fastest-one-?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.