(Topic ID: 283049)

Which classic Stern is the fastest one ?

By Pinasco

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Classic Stern pins in tech area (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.41.13 AM (resized).png
    PXL_20201011_144547536 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.30.30 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I own F2k, Ali, Big Game, Quicksilver, Seawitch, Nineball, Stars, Stingray and Star Gazer.

Sold Magic, Galaxy, Cheetah, Freefall, Iron Maiden

Out of all the Sterns I have owned above, QUICKSILVER is the fastest as it's namesake portends!

Classic Stern pins in tech area (resized).JPGClassic Stern pins in tech area (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #41 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Your Quicksilver is FAST! I remember playing it years ago at TPF and enjoyed it immensely.
    For myself, it would be Stern Ali. This story has been shared before, but it bears repeating. Right after completing a clearcoated playfield swap on Ali, I was playtesting the game and making adjustments. Hadn't added the flipper rubber yet. Made a strong shot into the horseshoe and the ball came screaming back and shattered the right flipper. Hit right on the tip and that was it.

Bill talking with me years ago about you Brian selling him on Ali as must own in the sweet spot year of 1980 Sterns started me on my quest for one.
    Found a really nice one a year later at the Allentown show. Restored it up and added red lights under the top 3 saucers so they had that red glow.
    Thank you Brian and Bill for bringing Ali to mind for my consideration and ultimate acquire! Super fun Classic Stern!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-classic-stern-is-the-fastest-one-?tu=DRDAVE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.