Which Avengers to get?

By DarthPinhead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys been away for awhile and I see they made an Avengers Pin! Which is the best version of the game and how much is each version going for? I've seen the Pro and Hulk LE versions (this one is my fav!)...is there more versions than that? Thanks in advance fellas.

#2 9 years ago

Premium which has the LE features but a different look(less bling as they say), less money and seemingly more rare than the LE's. One went for 4k a couple weeks ago. There's also the Blue LE as well.

I'm looking to get one of these too!

Prices for the LE's are 5k to 5500 it seems.

Blue is cheaper than Hulk LE I believe as well.

#3 9 years ago

So a good price for the Hulk LE would be 5k? And does the Hulk LE have all the bells and whistles?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

So a good price for the Hulk LE would be 5k? And does the Hulk LE have all the bells and whistles?

That would be a fantastic price for Hulk LE, but the Hulks don't typically go that cheap it seems. You may have read my post before some edits. Both LE's have all the Bells and / or Whistles. Just depends if you can like lots of green vs blue.

#5 9 years ago

Watch Amazon or check with dist. Get a pro at a great price. Amazon runs $3750 specials with shipping no tax.
I owned hulk LE - pro is a great bang for buck.

#6 9 years ago

I really want a Hulk LE but my wife would kill me if I spent $5500-6k especially if they're already dropping in value.

#7 9 years ago

The LE blue does seem to be running $200-$300 less than the green LE. Only difference between the 2 is armor color, backglass and cabinet art. The gameplay and playfield is the same.

Prices for the blue has been hovering around $5k-$5200 for months.

I have the blue LE and am loving it. It may take some fiddling to get it dialed in but any machine you get now, should be dialed. I don't think there are any distributors sitting on any LEs any more, except for eBay listings...

I love the features of the LE over the pro or premium. Totally worth the extra money to me especially since the price has dropped since new. Its a tough, deep machine to master. As others have said, it will make you a better player.

If you love the Marvel movies, you will love this theme. The callouts are not the real actors but most sound really close.

#8 9 years ago

The LE's were 7K or more when they first came out so it seems they have stopped dropping and holding in the current range. With the new updates its definitely more fun to play than originally.

#9 9 years ago

Pro is a really good deal. Don't overlook it as an option!

#10 9 years ago

What are the differences between the models?

#12 9 years ago

I can't imagine the LEs dropping much further. At the end of the day its an LE with all the bling. The game can be tuned up and most owners have done so at this point. It had a bad launch and never recovered.

#13 9 years ago

True about the launch. Once you get it tweaked, this is a pretty awesome game. VERY hard, though - I don't know I'll ever get to BFE.

#14 9 years ago

Whats a good price for a Pro?

#15 9 years ago

Just under 3 up to 3400 Huo bone stock Pro. I for one give more for speakers - shakers etc.
So if you can nail one from Amazon for $3750 shipped that is a smoking deal.
If you can get a HUO with a shaker and speakers for less even better.
I went pro because:
1. Cross ramp removed to me better visual > added feature.
2. Back glass to translite wasn't much.
3. Light show was never much in my eyes and inserts were not color changing like say ACDC.
4. Moving bridge < no ball hangs.

I have made my pro a mini Hulk with the same trim and LE interactive apron.

#16 9 years ago

Yea I'm gonna go with a pro...now just to have to find one.....

#17 9 years ago

You mind posting some pics of yours Hooked? Also where can I get mods for it?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

3. Light show was never much in my eyes and inserts were not color changing like say ACDC.

I disagree with that. That each avenger has their own GI color scheme is pretty nice. Very dramatic when you hit the bridge and Black Widow's mode starts and the whole game turns red.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just under 3 up to 3400 Huo bone stock Pro. I for one give more for speakers - shakers etc.
So if you can nail one from Amazon for $3750 shipped that is a smoking deal.
If you can get a HUO with a shaker and speakers for less even better.
I went pro because:
1. Cross ramp removed to me better visual > added feature.
2. Back glass to translite wasn't much.
4. Moving bridge < no ball hangs.
I have made my pro a mini Hulk with the same trim and LE interactive apron.

Keep in mind, I'm selling an LE, but I think the lightshow on the LE is smokin. Every Avenger has their own color scheme, as does Tesseract mode. Backglasses on both LE's are stunning. Metallic blue powdercoat is as pretty as it gets. LE hardware has the lollipop flipper protection. LE apron is already lighted. Stock. LE comes with shaker, and the HE crossover ramp with the diverter adds a lot of strategy. YOU decide which flipper your next shot comes from, which adds a lot. Plus it's just cool. Moving bridge doesn't create ball hangups btw. Nothing really does after you dial in the game.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I disagree with that. That each avenger has their own GI color scheme is pretty nice. Very dramatic when you hit the bridge and Black Widow's mode starts and the whole game turns red.

Yup...and when you change all the green GI to warm white, when Iron Man mode kicks in the table goes white and red and his custom music is kick ass! Then you start Tesseract mode and the table goes all blue. It's quite dramatic.

#21 9 years ago

Yea, I'm biased too, I have an LE. I really love the 6 ball Hulk multiball and the light show. The light show is quite something when changing modes. And with LED flashers (you have to put in LED flashers, it comes stock with incandescents), the show gets even better.

Hulk mode goes all green, BW all red, Thor and Tessaract, all blue. The other Avengers have color modes too but are not quite as dramatic.

I couldn't imagine the game without the Hawkeye crossover ramp. It does block the Thor targets a bit but the Thor targets are never an issue for me, its that Black Widow shot that is the tough one.

#22 9 years ago

I should add that Pro stock lighting sucks didn't mean to leave that out.

I have strategically placed leds in the GI using both domed and flex and f'n brights.
All inserts are color coded to really make that beautiful PF pop, those that saw the game at the Atlanta show can vouch for that. I also added another flasher under the Tess to give the platform more light which the pro needed desperately. The only thing mine did not have at the show is the back lighting on Tess...took off for tweaking.

#23 9 years ago

I also prefer the LE. As others have said the light show is awesome, amour looks great in both versions, backglass is a nice touch, and shaker motor. I also prefer the inclusion of the Hawkeye ramp included in the LE and not found in the Pro. The ramp helps the game play alot. It redirects the ball to the appropriate flipper during game play. If you are in Hawkeye vs. Black Widow, for example, the ball will get redirected to line up a shot on the BW ramp. I would seriously miss that aspect of the game.

I also really like the lifting ramp when you start Hulk multiball. Looks pretty cool. With some tweaks ball hang ups are minimized.

For the money, I think the LEs are good value. I prefer the look of the Blue LE to the Hulk, but that's personal preference.

Cheers,
Duane

#24 9 years ago

Hello! How could I forget SIX BALL MULTIBALL! LE rocks. Avengers rocks.

#25 9 years ago

The family loves 6 ball multiball! The playfield ends up full of balls! It's crazy fun!

#26 9 years ago

Just buy Family's LE and be done with it. I wish I could. Damn

#27 9 years ago

my pick is the Avengers blue LE.
what? no poll?

#28 9 years ago

I say it's a great game no matter what the version.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Just buy Family's LE and be done with it. I wish I could. Damn

Thanks for the plug Grinder! Today, tomorrow, next month or next year, this is a FUN game and a always will be. Itsa game you must have in your home, because otherwise it's too hard. It's as good as any other game Stern has produced lately. MET might be better, but METs theme works against it. Who the hell doesn't like Avengers!?

#30 9 years ago

Hulk Hulk Hulk

#31 9 years ago

I've play both pro and LE/premium and I couldn't stand the game when all I played was the pro.
Now that I've played the LE, my opinion of the game has changed somewhat. I like it more and would actually stuff quarters into a premium on route.
It's more fun, IMHO.

As for armor, I'd say get a premium. green is over the top of me and so is the blue.
my .02.

good luck with whatever you choose!

#32 9 years ago

Premiums are beautiful, no doubt.

#33 9 years ago

I have the pro, love it, never looked back, no thoughts of trading up to an LE, to each his own. Has zdoor's cube mod, led color matched inserts and all the necessary tweaks. Plays great. I didn't think the LE was worth over two grand more and instead used that money to buy another machine (hs2, which is now gone).

It's a fan layout, which makes it different from most of what I own. Have to admit, when I start playing, it feels like there is a lot of work ahead, but once you start hitting the shots, you really start to get into it. I have all avengers set to medium or hard.

I have a sub hooked up to it. Not sure about the LE, but the only time a shaker really does anything is on hulk mb. I didn't think it was worth it. Sub on the other hand really brings out the sound, and there's a lot of good sound on the game.

With family arcade selling his at 5k, the gap has definitely narrowed. I'd think you can pick up a really nice HUO pro for under 4, maybe 3500 if you are lucky...not mine of course!

With IM coming soon, this game along with xmen makes a really great combo!

#34 9 years ago

LE Blue! Love it. Looks the best.

#35 9 years ago

Any avengers is good ...I have a pro and is great

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

LE Blue! Love it. Looks the best.

Agreed. Blue LE features all the characters on the cab/backglass art, and the blue armor matches well with it.

Blue LE, Hulk LE, Premium all have the same exact playfield and features.
Blue LE/Prem/Pro have red DMD. Hulk has green DMD.
Both LEs have sparkly colored trim with button protector-style rails. Premium has stock skinny black crinkle rails.
Both LEs come with shaker installed. Premium doesn't come with a shaker motor but can be added.
Both LEs have mirrored backglasses. Premium has a translite, but unique art with Iron Man front and center.
Both LEs have unique cabinet art. Premium has same art as Pro.

The LE/Prem features aren't game changers, but make the game feel "beefier" ...I like that the Hawekeye shot can go to the left flipper so it isn't a constant setup for another Hawkeye shot like the Pro. Hulk destroying ramp is pointless, but cool looking. Colored GI changes are awesome.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

I really want a Hulk LE but my wife would kill me if I spent $5500-6k especially if they're already dropping in value.

Move from Illinois to Florida and you'll have your Hulk LE within 6 paychecks.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Move from Illinois to Florida and you'll have your Hulk LE within 6 paychecks.

I have a Hulk Le for sale in Illinois. Its currently in GAP's showroom on consignment. HUO.

#39 9 years ago

How much are you asking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-avengers-to-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.