(Topic ID: 122354)

which airbrush/kit do you recommend?

By rcbrown316

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150326_211640[1].jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I have a big compressor already. also looking for paints to be used if I am going to clear over them with the whole playfield or just touch up and go...

#2 9 years ago

The talon is a nice budget brush, (I don't really care for the big trigger thing) but it does a nice job. Waterborne paints I find have kinda a melted crayon look, and stink like rotten cardboard however that's the way of the industry, Auto air is my preferred paints, due to its solvent base...A/bs like to spray thin so if your looking for a spray and go approach, you will need a larger tip so you can spray enamel (no clear required) But a scanner and small plot cutter is highly recommended for this, (making small stencils) due to overspray issues.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from clone97:

The talon is a nice budget brush, (I don't really care for the big trigger thing) but it does a nice job. Waterborne paints I find have kinda a melted crayon look, and stink like rotten cardboard however that's the way of the industry, Auto air is my preferred paints, due to its solvent base...A/bs like to spray thin so if your looking for a spray and go approach, you will need a larger tip so you can spray enamel (no clear required) But a scanner and small plot cutter is highly recommended for this, (making small stencils) due to overspray issues.

thanks this helps get me looking in the right direction

#4 9 years ago

iwata brushes are my fav and auto air paint.

#5 9 years ago

I use an Iwata hp-sb... Though mostly for scale model work

#6 9 years ago

iwata , BCR revoloution is a great all around airbrush and fairly cheap. For more detailed work you'd probably want something else though. I got to test some Sata airbrushes last week , I'll be buying one of those also. It's nice to have a few airbrushes so you can spray multiple colors and not clean in between each color change . I only spay automotive paint . Tried waterbase once and hated it , doesn't mean you won't like it , just wasn't for me .

#7 9 years ago

awesome! Thanks guys...

#8 9 years ago

Well ,well , look what just showed up today . After testing this one I think I'm really going to like this one a lot . I would still recommend the iwata , but I really like Sata spray guns and this seems to be built with the same quality . And believe it or not this was cheaper than a comparable iwata .

20150326_211640[1].jpg20150326_211640[1].jpg
    #9 9 years ago

I used to use a Badger and it gave me nothing but trouble, I thought I was just not cut out for airbrushing. Switched over to an Iwata Eclipse and it was a whole different ballgame.

#10 9 years ago

I use Iwata spray guns at work everyday, why i screw around with this badger airbrush , I dont know
    next purchase... new airbrush
    Trilogy,can you send me a link?

#11 9 years ago

I have a Paasche double action & it's nice, but when I switched to an Iwata BC-S Eclipse (I think), it was night & day. Way finer lines & much easier to control. I'll never go back to the Paasche.
    Mind you, I was using it for scale models & I haven't built one in years.

#12 9 years ago

Pinwillie I ordered that airbrush from my paint supplier . They arranged for the Sata rep to come to our shop so we demo them. I think a Mac tools salesman can sell them as well .

#13 9 years ago

oh no a siphon feed air brush. You gotta go with a gravity feed. It will save a lot of headaches.
    As far as paints, the new model air and game air ranges are quite nice. I don't think they'd have an issue with auto clear over it. I've done it with cheap craft acrylic paints.

#14 9 years ago

Acually going with siphon feed saves me a bunch of headaches . All my paints are in bottles that the siphon feed top screws right onto , much less cleaning involved with a color change. Haven't had any issues with the siphon feeds I have used yet.

#15 9 years ago

still not sure what to buy. I'm new to the world of airbrushes but it looks like they are recommnded of my current method of trying to use brushes and toothpicks. I have a 33 gallon compressor already or I might have bought one of these kits. I just want the necessary stuff and recommended paint for playfields. Once I get it I'll watch a video and practice on an old pf I have. do you guys recommend some clear over the touchups or leave them alone?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-airbrushkit-do-you-recommend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.