3%
  • Thunderbirds 5 votes
    2%

(317 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B3A78245-74FC-4F84-8EC6-06F9C8F6C0E7 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

IGNORING all HUO pins, which $8k NIB pin would you buy today?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

IGNORING all HUO pins, which $8k NIB pin would you buy today?

Where's Thunderbirds?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where's Thunderbirds?

Added so you may choose wisely

#4 5 years ago

Out of the ones you listed I picked MMR. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am afraid of that giant lightboard underneath MMR, otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on one. Edit - now you added more pins to the poll so I picked JJPOTC. I think the game looks amazing.

#5 5 years ago

None, I don't buy $8K machines. But if a BBB came up at that price, I'd stretch the bar.

Can't you get most of those for a lot less, or are these all supposed to be LE's?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Out of the ones you listed I picked MMR. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am afraid of that giant lightboard underneath MMR, otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on one. Edit - now you added more pins to the poll so I picked JJPOTC. I think the game looks amazing.

Great features of Pinside polls - poll can be added and edited for 24 hrs after posting and voters can always change their vote in a poll.

#7 5 years ago

Dialed in or mmr.

#8 5 years ago

Where’s WOZ! Especially if the yellow brick road edition is legit! I want one!

#9 5 years ago

WOZ.

#10 5 years ago

Another game not listed Aerosmith. I'm thinking an LE if I can still find a NIB.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

None, I don't buy $8K machines. But if a BBB came up at that price, I'd stretch the bar.
Can't you get most of those for a lot less, or are these all supposed to be LE's?

If you don’t buy $8k machines I don’t think this pole was for you.

Pirates for me. Lots of good choices in that list. Wouldn’t mind ACNC and some cash leftover either!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where's Thunderbirds?

Thunderbirds is not an $8,000 game ...

Machine - For Sale
Thunderbirds Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Thunderbirds pinball mchine by Homepin. Getting First batch in April/ May.”
2020-12-01
West Chicago, IL
Archived after: 56 days
Viewed: 3601 times

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Machine - For Sale
ThunderbirdsNIB - New in box “Thunderbirds pinball mchine by Homepin. Getting First batch in April/ May.”
10 days ago West Chicago, IL 4,999
GAP

I think that the inclusion of Thunderbirds was more of a joke.

#14 5 years ago

$8k does not even get a POTC standard though, $8500 plus shipping. I voted MBR LE because I already have an MM and AFM is much more common to find and play than MB, plus MB is probably my favorite quasi non-licensed theme and it is an LE for $8k rather than a standard.

DI should have been in the poll as well.

#15 5 years ago

Alot of great choices there. ACNC is an awesome looking game and I hope the rules really make it shine. JJPOTC is just amazing, much better than I expected and I really want to play it more. GOTG has really grown to be a great game (with the modded movie sound software) and Iron Maiden is IMO the best Stern yet shot for shot (even tho it ruined me at league last week). Verdict is out on Deadpool but so far I just think it's okay.

For me tho, MMr is still just such a complete package of fun gameplay, great theme and amusing call outs it's hard to deny... but now it's kinda hard to say MMr because seeing the MBr Classic for $6K makes MMr Standard for $8K seem over priced. Now MBr LE looks great, has a cool topper and blue legs and rails and a big ass screen and "enhanced" lighting and is basically same price as MMr Standard, but I never felt like MB had the gameplay of MM... Plus MMr has been out for awhile now and it's not quite as special anymore...

...still, taking value/cost out of the equation, MMr is my pick. Sure, there are alot of games where you get more for your buck but there's also a reason 20 years later they're still selling MM.

#16 5 years ago

MunstersLE will be my next in that price range (quite sure it will be at least 8k, sadly)

#17 5 years ago

Well if I had to BUY it today, AFMrLE if I could find one, because I already dropped $8300 on MBrLE so that money is long gone... but since me no gots another $8k just now, looks like wad = shot. Now what pin would make me shuffle up a double load right now and not bat an eye? TAFrLE. Hello?, CGC? Is anybody home?, think! You cost me $8300 bucks damage to my wallet, you son of a bitch, and I’m gonna take it outta your ass by giving you another $8300 for a TAFrLE... or BBBrLE or a TOTANrLE or a TOMrLE, SSrLE, it really doesnt matter, any B/W from the 90’s worth owning really...

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well if I had to BUY it today, AFMrLE if I could find one, because I already dropped $8300 on MBrLE so that money is long gone... but since me no gots another $8k just now, looks like wad = shot. Now what pin would make me shuffle up a double load right now and not bat an eye? TAFrLE. Hello?, CGC? Is anybody home?, think! You cost me $8300 bucks damage to my wallet, you son of a bitch, and I’m gonna take it outta your ass by giving you another $8300 for a TAFrLE... or BBBrLE or a TOTANrLE or a TOMrLE, SSrLE, it really doesnt matter, any B/W from the 90’s worth owning really...

Dud they just take his wallet? I think they stole that guys wallet. I think they took your wallet!

#19 5 years ago

Just got JJPOTC or that would have been my vote.

I don't have a music themed pin yet so I'm considering Iron Maiden LE.

#20 5 years ago

should put none as an option

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

should put none as an option

Just consider Thunderbirds as none.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Just consider Thunderbirds as none.

that is what i voted for ha!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Where’s WOZ! Especially if the yellow brick road edition is legit! I want one!

too high if more than 75th edition.

B3A78245-74FC-4F84-8EC6-06F9C8F6C0E7 (resized).pngB3A78245-74FC-4F84-8EC6-06F9C8F6C0E7 (resized).png

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dud they just take his wallet? I think they stole that guys wallet. I think they took your wallet!

It went that-a-way... I’d be down for a JJPOTC or DI but need more time on both to be sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25 5 years ago

1) Definitely not Thunderbirds. At this point I can’t imagine giving that guy a dime of my hard earned cash. Perhaps someday - but highly doubtful.

2) I look down that list and nothing is really moving me for EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Think about that for a minute. $8 large and every manufacturer keeps bumping higher and higher. Wow

#27 5 years ago

Another that should be in the poll.

#28 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Think standard edition on any of the jjp games if 8k is your limit. I'd go any of the jjp titles at 8k or above. I like the remake games, but in a small collection they will get stale faster than newer deeper titles imo, and at $8k, I want them to last.

#29 5 years ago

There’s a lot of great choices. Best time ever to be in pinball.

The Munsters will be coming in a few months!

#30 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I Have a HUO RR for $8,000.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Machine - For Sale
ThunderbirdsNIB - New in box “Thunderbirds pinball mchine by Homepin. Getting First batch in April/ May.”
10 days ago West Chicago, IL 4,999
GAP

It is almost that in New Zealand. They didn't specify USD, just dollars, which is a lot of potential countries.

#32 5 years ago

Not out yet and nobody knows what it will look / sound / play like.

Quoted from brett:

I Have a HUO RR for $8,000.

Lots of HUO JJP titles available for $8k, and I would gladly add a WOZ or DI to sit beside my Hobbit before many of the nib’s, but the poll says nib and it has to be available.

#33 5 years ago

******************** Health Report of Pinball Companies in 2019 with buy / hold / sell Ratings
This just in .... Patterns are beginning to emerge from the above poll and preliminary findings can be summarized:

CGC is a strong buy to out perform. Lots of demand for newest release MBr and strong residual demand for AFMr and MMr. Considering these pins are ranked #1 #2 & #3 means the company chose a winning strategy. CGC should stay busy all 2019 making games people want.

JJP is a strong buy. Lots of demand for newest release POTC. DI was not listed in error It would likely have shown a strong residual demand. Hobbit is $9k and WOZ is $9.5k, while resale’s are under 8k, those don’t benefit Jack. JJP should stay busy all 2019 making games people want.

Stern is a strong buy to outperform. Strong demand for 1st anniversary Maiden and no wonder considering it is Stern’s highest ranked game at #5. Stern just made a buttload of money pre-selling half the Beatles pins for $7M. 1000 Beatles pinball machines should be run and shipped to distributors by year end. Highly anticipated upcoming titles which are not shown in poll - Munsters, Jaws, Elvira 3 are coming out and Stern will continue making runs of current titles. Stern should stay busy all 2019 making games people want. Don’t be surprised if you hear Stern decides to build an adjacent manufacturing factory or acquire a few supply chain companies.

Spooky is a hold. Slow shipping, lacking code and trepid demand for ACNC is offset by Spooky’s legions of fans and a foundation built on non-refundable deposits, plus the ability to run more TNA (and who doesn’t love a little more TNA?). Spooky should stay busy all 2019 making games people want.

AP is a hold - Dwindling demand for flagship pin indicates the market is saturated for Houdini. 2nd pin is under development and expected to appear in Jan for Feb shipping. AP should sputter thru 2019 making games people want.

Homepin is a sell. Low demand for flagship Thunderbirds pin and numerous complaints about their product and business practices. Could we see the demise of the once loud and proud Homepin in 2019?

- reporter out

#35 5 years ago

Munsters LE/Oktoberfest/ WOZ YBR

#36 5 years ago

I've bought them all. I still think MBrLE is the best value of these.

#37 5 years ago

JJPPOTC is not 8k. Please update

I would get that one of it was 8k but it's not.

Mbrle all the way no question value wise. Oh and F the Beatles cash grab

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You cost me $8300 bucks damage to my wallet, you son of a bitch, and I’m gonna take it outta your ass...

It was a push, but you managed a BTTF reference in there

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh and F the Beatles cash grab

All you need is love....

#40 5 years ago

I would buy 2 - 4K Williams machines from the 1990’s

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I would buy 2 - 4K Williams machines from the 1990’s

I’d buy 4 state of the art TVs.

#42 5 years ago

I’d buy 8,000 of something from Family Dollar.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I’d buy 8,000 of something from Family Dollar.

What’s your pleasure - Hershey candy bars, travel size bottles of head and shoulders shampoo, toe nail clippers & earwax removal kits?

#44 5 years ago

What’s your pleasure - Hershey candy bars, travel size bottles of head and shoulders shampoo, toe nail clippers & earwax removal kits?

One can never have too many earwax removal kits.

#45 5 years ago

Unusual poll.

No reason to buy Stern games for 8K, just get Pros. Even NIB, those are mid 5's shipped.
JJP doesn't sell any games for 8K.

I get the spirit of it. I think my answer is none, not for 8K.

#46 5 years ago

Oktoberfest or Munsters

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

JJP doesn't sell any games for 8K

My NIB DI disagrees with you.

#48 5 years ago

Aren't pretty much all standard jjp games $8k? A standard jjp game is still more packed than any other game on the list.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

My NIB DI disagrees with you.

Mine too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-8k-nib-pin-would-to-buy-today?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.