(Topic ID: 127228)

Which 40s era band would make the best pinball theme?

By o-din

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hawkmoon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

band_o_bros.jpg
    th-6.jpeg
    MI0001704467.jpg
    image-299.jpg
    image-947.jpg
    image.jpg
    Bob_Wills.jpg
    image-823.jpg
    image-12.jpg
    image.jpg
    caveman-2.jpg
    783540-edith-piaf-interprete-de-la-vie-en-637x0-2.jpg
    IMG_20141029_183432.jpg
    miles.jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Not sure if you're hip to this one but its a gooder! » YouTube video
    Red Foley Pinball Boogie.

Another good one! I can't wait to play these for my kids tonight. They will give me the 'eye roll', and I will tell them how it kicks the crap out of their music...and hijinks will ensue!

#52 4 years ago

Louis Jordan. Hands down.

#53 4 years ago

Can't go wrong with a good ol' western theme.

Bob_Wills.jpg

#54 4 years ago

Bobby Darin

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

My dad played guitar for Bob Wills in the early 50's!

Wow! I bet your dad has some great memories/stories from his time with Bob Wills.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptK:

Wow! I bet your dad has some great memories/stories from his time with Bob Wills.

He left Ga. For Texas in 1951, right after he traded his Gibson for a new solid-body guitar, a Telecaster!
    He played in Velasco TX, on the beach in a place called The Beach Corral. They played Western swing and all the big stars would play there. Dad played with Bob, tex Ritter, Merle Travis, among others! When he played with Merle, he asked to play dad's Telecaster, and told about how he helped Leo Fender design that guitar! I have many pictures, but I have to figure out how to upload them.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

He left Ga. For Texas in 1951, right after he traded his Gibson for a new solid-body guitar, a Telecaster!
    He played in Velasco TX, on the beach in a place called The Beach Corral. They played Western swing and all the big stars would play there. Dad played with Bob, tex Ritter, Merle Travis, among others! When he played with Merle, he asked to play dad's Telecaster, and told about how he helped Leo Fender design that guitar! I have many pictures, but I have to figure out how to upload them.

Here's a few pictures! In the Bob Wills pic, my dad is on the right! In the pic with Merle and Tex, my dad is bending over in the front(don't know whyimage.jpg image-947.jpg image-299.jpg

#58 4 years ago

O-Din REALLY needs to go on vacation methinks...

I'll play though Spicoli since this is kinda my trickeration!
    The title of the thread is kinda narrow-ish in scope since most of the bands listed on the previous page were well established/playing bEfOrE the 40's but, it's copacetic; I get what you're trying to lay down.
    Too many good bands to choose from!
    I think it would be a cool idea to make multiple machines based on the most popular spots of the swing era and each machine would have a theme reflecting the decor as well as the bands that played there.
    Example:
    Savoy Ballroom's machine could have a Chick Webb Gretsch-Gladstone drum set bash toy, bandstand ball lock, lindy hopper centrifuge, "cutting contest" riffin' ramps/diverters, Ella Fitzgerald spinners (that scat when hit), bouncer bumpers, etc...etc...
    I could go on and on about each machine's layout/music selection but you'd probably put me on perma-ignore faster than you could say "F@&!'N SCREEN DOOR!"

I guess if you're asking though O-Din,
    This would be a strong contender in my house-o-roonie.
    MI0001704467.jpg

#59 4 years ago

th-6.jpeg

#60 4 years ago

Hawkmoon,adds,I think a pin with all the stars in the 40s swing group would work,cab calloway calling out his jive,gene krupa on skins.slim stroking,and don't forget,mr.B.B.King,muddy watters,albert king,the blues were there too!!

#61 4 years ago

Band of Brothers

band_o_bros.jpg
    3 weeks later
    #62 4 years ago

However,i apologise for what I'm about to say,But,i really don't think early country fits a pin theme,unless you constantly wear your silver dollar belt buckle,stetson cowboy hat,and smelly leather boots every day<followed with your turquise string tie

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 79.00
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.75
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside