(Topic ID: 218889)

Which 2 games would you put next to TWD?

By Palmer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180421_152759 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1526096588794 (resized).jpg
Gotgle (resized).jpeg
20180607_003640 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180409_231250 (resized).jpg
1F744A5B-AB96-433B-9203-928253FB94B3 (resized).jpeg
20180519_220118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180223_220207 (resized).jpg
20180416_102111 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello

I currently have TWD Pro and I am looking to add 2 additional games to my small game room. List below of games I’m considering. Which would you pick and why?

GOTG
AFMr SE
RBION
Dialed In
TNA
AC/DC
MET
TSPP
SM
Iron Maiden
IM
Houdini
LOTR
WOZ
Star Wars

Added over 6 years ago:

Adding Star Trek to the list.

#2 5 years ago

I own RZ & TWD Pro currently and I’m pondering this exact question myself. While I find IMDN to be a great game I’m not dealing with the spike system issues. I think my next two pins will be MET Pro and TNA.

#3 5 years ago

Those are two that I have also been seriously considering. I’ve collected my share of 80s solid state so TNA would be cool as a modern refresh. MET is just a solid all around game. I have a soft spot for AFM though. Right now I’m looking to slow down in the hobby and just hold on to a few games. So whatever I buy has to have some longevity. Doesn’t necessarily need to be super deep. I’m not that great of a player

#4 5 years ago

I have my TWD in between MET and SW in my small gameroom. All fantastic games. My IJ just left and DILE is coming this week.

Out of the pins you listed I would lean towards (not necessarily in order)...

1- MET Prem or GOTG (they are very similar)-Great shooters. Both easier for newer players and fun for veterans. Just great layouts really. Buy MET if you like the music, GOTG if you want a cool modern lcd.
2- SW Prem - extremely underrated game IMO. Super difficult and rewarding. A Ritchie pin that will really punish you (like TWD does) and keeps you pressing start. Lots of modes. Amazing lightshows. Plus it's frickin Star Wars, hello!!
3- DI - such a great overall pin. Great shots and flow. Has a ton of polish. Not a great theme but a LOT of fun to play. Lawlor masterpiece. JJPs best IMO.
4- AFMR - The huge classic with a shiny new look. Great callouts. Although I would only get the LE with that badass topper.

Just my opinions, but you asked..

20180416_102111 (resized).jpg20180416_102111 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Met - best all around
LOTR - for variety, best deep journey pin, best theme integration ever,

#6 5 years ago

I have TWD and have a TSPP next to it. I just bought an IJ and it will go next to the three to round things out. TSPP is good next to it because it is a long player where TWD really a pretty fast game. Three games fills all the space that I have so I for me I made sure it was three games that I really liked.

#7 5 years ago

Of the list you made I would add iron maiden because it has a great rule set and a unique layout. I would also add Ac Dc it's a great game with a good rule set. Met, TSPP, and LOTR are also great games.

#8 5 years ago

IMDN and MET. That would be one hell of a three game lineup!

#9 5 years ago

Star Wars for sure. I wasn’t a fan of this game like many others here on pinside but jumped in head first and got a pro the other week. Reason being, a lot of my pinball friends said I’d love it; and they weren’t wrong. The game delivers. It’s unorthodox ruleset with fun brutal flow has so many great ways to play the game. Don’t fall into the hate, Star Wars is the real deal for one more game and diversity.

As for the other game; I’d recommend a 3+ flipper game to go with your two 2 flipper games. Either IMDN or Dialed In get my votes. IMDN is outstanding especially at the pro price point; it delivers. Dialed In would be great as it has some nice flow and a lighter theme-feel that fits nicely and it feels more like a throw back to that 80s/90s generation Pinball. SM is also a good choice but I’d personally rather have IMDN or DI as they offer more with their modern day Rulesheets.

#10 5 years ago

I have my TWDLE between STLE and LOTR.

IMG_20180223_220207 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_220207 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

It’s going to depend on the individual person but I’ll say Woz and DI (imo) one or both should be in a collection.

I’m going to buy TNA next but already own half of your list.

#12 5 years ago

TWD was first, just put these next to it because it had the space... but two of them do include a sheriff.

I think idealy though I would want 2 other gore pins next to it. Would go, TWD, Tails from the Crypt, and then maybe Dracula.

20180519_220118 (resized).jpg20180519_220118 (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago

When possible, I like to have two or more games with the same board set. Makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems if anything goes wrong. So, to complement TWD, maybe AC/DC and Metallica? If I owned Metallica, I'd look into changing the music to something I like.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Wars for sure. I wasn’t a fan of this game like many others here on pinside but jumped in head first and got a pro the other week. Reason being, a lot of my pinball friends said I’d love it; and they weren’t wrong. The game delivers. It’s unorthodox ruleset with fun brutal flow has so many great ways to play the game. Don’t fall into the hate, Star Wars is the real deal for one more game and diversity.
As for the other game; I’d recommend a 3+ flipper game to go with your two 2 flipper games. Either IMDN or Dialed In get my votes. IMDN is outstanding especially at the pro price point; it delivers. Dialed In would be great as it has some nice flow and a lighter theme-feel that fits nicely and it feels more like a throw back to that 80s/90s generation Pinball. SM is also a good choice but I’d personally rather have IMDN or DI as they offer more with their modern day Rulesheets.

I didn’t see you had WOZ on your list; I’d go with that over DI. So TWD, SW, WOZ. 3 unique games all with fantastic last ability and one more game. Also, what about JJPOTC? I’d put that over WOZ. It’s going to be a killer game with tons of longevity for a small collection.

#15 5 years ago

Any of these will work...

TWD is brutal so pick a longer player. If thinking JPP go with DI. I played their Pirates over the weekend and wasn’t impressed.

1F744A5B-AB96-433B-9203-928253FB94B3 (resized).jpeg1F744A5B-AB96-433B-9203-928253FB94B3 (resized).jpeg
#16 5 years ago

to have a bit of variety in the game I would choose dialed and sm or im..with these you will not fail for sure
this is my current alignment and I thought that they are balanced against each other ..

IMG_20180409_231250 (resized).jpgIMG_20180409_231250 (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Any of these will work...
TWD is brutal so pick a longer player. If thinking JPP go with DI. I played their Pirates over the weekend and wasn’t impressed.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Just added Star Trek to the list as well. I accidentally omitted it from my original list. I really enjoy the flow of it even though the mods are a little repetitive.

#18 5 years ago

Met and DI. Both great games I believe would complement the TWD quite nicely.

#19 5 years ago

Dialed In and Iron Maiden

#20 5 years ago

I have a TWD premium. I am currently looking for a GOT premium. Seems like a pin that has gotten lost in the shuffle lately. A lot of people didn't like the generic looking playfield art when compared to the hand drawn stuff that has been released since. But I kind of like the look of the premium version. The light show seems cool and the rules seem unique. And they are starting to pop up for under 6k.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I have my TWD in between MET and SW in my small gameroom. All fantastic games. My IJ just left and DILE is coming this week.
Out of the pins you listed I would lean towards (not necessarily in order)...
1- MET Prem or GOTG (they are very similar)-Great shooters. Both easier for newer players and fun for veterans. Just great layouts really. Buy MET if you like the music, GOTG if you want a cool modern lcd.
2- SW Prem - extremely underrated game IMO. Super difficult and rewarding. A Ritchie pin that will really punish you (like TWD does) and keeps you pressing start. Lots of modes. Amazing lightshows. Plus it's frickin Star Wars, hello!!
3- DI - such a great overall pin. Great shots and flow. Has a ton of polish. Not a great theme but a LOT of fun to play. Lawlor masterpiece. JJPs best IMO.
4- AFMR - The huge classic with a shiny new look. Great callouts. Although I would only get the LE with that badass topper.
Just my opinions, but you asked..

Wow, that MAME machine (in your photo) is pretty impressive!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Met and DI. Both great games I believe would complement the TWD quite nicely.

This is exactly my end game. I have MET, TWD and TSPP, but hope to swap out a TSPP for DI in the next year or so.

#24 5 years ago

All the games in my collection, Met, IMDN, GOTG, SW and SM are on your list. I currently have been struggling constantly with what to play when I go to the gameroom. That should be the goal of any collection. IMHO.

I love them all but I would go with IMDN and MET. Met is a true classic of a game. IMDN is so different from anything else out there. Pros play great on both of those also. They both can be bought NIB.

I think if you had those 3 you would have the same problem I have. Good luck!

#25 5 years ago

Dialed In and Houdini

LTG : )

#26 5 years ago

I have Iron Maiden Pro and ACDC Prem next to my TWD and it is the perfect trifecta! Ritchie, Borg, and Elwin along with stellar rules.

#27 5 years ago

AC/DC and TSPP. Because it’s AC/DC and the Simpsons

#28 5 years ago

Hard to say... I'd go with Metallica and Attack

20180421_152759 (resized).jpg20180421_152759 (resized).jpg20180607_003640 (resized).jpg20180607_003640 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1526096588794 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1526096588794 (resized).jpgGotgle (resized).jpegGotgle (resized).jpeg
#29 5 years ago

Definitely Met. Then I would go AFM, IM, or TNA.

#31 5 years ago

TNA and Dialed In. Now you have the best games from three different makers.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

More
Wow, that MAME machine (in your photo) is pretty impressive!

Thank you sir

#33 5 years ago

Dialed In and either AFMr or Metallica. AFM because it is a classic and anyone can walk up to it and have fun. DILE because there is just so much to do and it flows great. (DILE I just got last week so still honeymoon phase for me). Metallica, because it is just a great all around pin at an affordable price.

#34 5 years ago

I am leaning towards IMDN and MET right now.

I enjoy Lawlor games but I've played enough TZ and although I like shooting DI it does not draw me in like some of my favorite games. I really want to like it as much as everyone else but it's not happening yet.

AFM is my favorite childhood game so I might switch out MET for it.

TNA is cool and if could fit a fourth machine (which is possible) I might put a deposit down on one. I figure it will take almost a year before it is even ready anyhow.

I plan on going to my local place this week to play everything there that is on my list. Star Wars in one I want to play a bunch just to rule it out as I am a fan of the theme but the gameplay hasn't stuck for me. I want to check out the new GOTG code.

#35 5 years ago

I would just wait on TNA at this point since the wait is so long. HUO ones will likely pop up for less then NIB and Scott may announce his next game by the time you would get yours.

Heard MET is on its last run from stern. So nib may not be an option at regular pricing a few months from now. Or not?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-2-games-would-you-put-next-to-twd?hl=tres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.