• Lock is lit - no way!! 135 votes
    64%

(212 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NIB (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
D45610EF-0253-4020-B884-CF79B0DB6B7A (resized).jpeg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

The trend continues, manufacturers are producing more and more Royal, signature, and collector type editions with all the extras.

Which one has stolen your interest and wallet?

#2 4 years ago

You forgot JJPOTC. Had it and sold it. Great game

#3 4 years ago

Supreme. All the way. Supreme.

#4 4 years ago

Nope. Can't do it. Not for that kind of cash.

#5 4 years ago

None.

”$10k by Xmas” used to be an hysterical joke.

But you guys keep buying them - so they will keep making them.

Enjoy.

rd

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Which one has stolen your interest and wallet?

If any of them even tried, they would end up with broken fingers and cement boots.

Mama didn't raise no fool.

#7 4 years ago

Hah, none.... like..... ever

#8 4 years ago

Bought a JJP POTC, love it, keeping it. It's the last one. This is nuts

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Bought a JJP POTC, love it, keeping it. It's the last one. This is nuts

I believe you!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

None.
”$10k by Xmas” used to be an hysterical joke.
But you guys keep buying them - so they will keep making them.
Enjoy.
rd

True, now I need those guys to invite me over!

#12 4 years ago

None I would never spend that much money on a single pin.

#13 4 years ago

Talked myself into $8k for IMDNLE and then $10k for JJP POTC and have no regrets. Tell myself they will hold decent value and that there are even crazier people willing to spend well over $10k for the Beatles, Elvira, BM66.... Would like to believe $10k is my new limit but why bother.

#14 4 years ago

Buying the MMRRE. Other than how the hell I’m going to pay for it, wife agrees having an MM in the collection is decades overdue.

#15 4 years ago

So far the most I have paid was the 8 something for JJPOTCSE. The only way I would ever pay over 10 would be for a very nice packed widebody with a good theme.

LE's, CE's, etc., hell no, not for me.

#16 4 years ago

None in my current pay range.

#17 4 years ago

DP Premium and JP Premium. Both are $10k+ Canadian.

Rob

#18 4 years ago

I was just reading MMr Royal is selling out just about as fast as a new title like Elvira did.
Pretty amazing if true.

So far most votes say no at these price points.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I was just reading MMr Royal is selling out just about as fast as a new title like Elvira did.
Pretty amazing if true.

But about 40% are saying yes which is more than enough to put big smiles on Stern's and JJP's faces. Surprisingly, it seems like they haven't pushed the pricing yet to the point of diminishing returns. Even for games with no real scarcity/collectibility like 500 Wonka CE's.

#20 4 years ago

Bought an ACNC, but only after I was able to buy someone's 1k deposit for $500. Probably the first and only time I'll buy NIB, and only then because I love the game and they aren't making enough of them to be readily available in the immediate future at a major discount. When deals regularly come up where people buy 9-10k games and then sell them off after 100 plays for 2k less than that (Like the BKSOR LE deal that popped up today), it seems.....maybe a little ridiculous to have to get new.

Give me 10k and I can find 3-4 amazing Bally/Williams machines from the late 80s to mid 90's as long as you avoid the overpriced ones listed in the Pinside Top 30 or so.....

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

But about 40% are saying yes which is more than enough to put big smiles on Stern's and JJP's faces. Surprisingly, it seems like they haven't pushed the pricing yet to the point of diminishing returns. Even for games with no real scarcity/collectibility like 500 Wonka CE's.

Agree. seems market still has room to run at these price points.

#22 4 years ago

I keep getting suckered into a few of these, just ordered Wonka CE. My hope is that I can get a few years of play and only lose a few K... My wish is to get what I paid after a few years but that's just a wish. I look at it this way, I've done fairly well for myself over the years and look at this as playable art... And to think many of us paid $2k for a VCR in the 80s and $500+ for a CD player and a few thousand (ugh) a year on music, and $2k for our color tv sets (like my old Sony Trinitron 25" TV back in the day!) and $4k for a computer setup. These days I pay $0 for gas for my car (electric with free charging), and diddly squat for so many other things. Remember when mobile phone bills were around $400 a month... For practically nothing? Sure these pins are pricey but it is what it is... I'd just like to see the dang things shed about 100 pounds.

#23 4 years ago

I'm debating to get MM Royal but it's not a sure thing at $10K, halfway thinking to get SW or some other much cheaper pin.

#24 4 years ago

Nope, stupid money...

#25 4 years ago

Not a single one. Last NIB was MET pro with a color dmd. No regrets about it. If Kingpin happens I'm game unless it's 8k or more.

#26 4 years ago

Not one at that price. I’ll take 3 or 4 classic sterns or Bally’s at that cost

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Give me 10k and I can find 3-4 amazing Bally/Williams machines from the late 80s to mid 90's as long as you avoid the overpriced ones listed in the Pinside Top 30 or so.....

Give me 10k and you’ll have paid me my collective purchase price for my entire 14-EM working lineup (and I think I have some really good titles) and 2 projects, and I’ll still have $1,600 left over. I can’t ever see myself paying 10k for a single pin.

#28 4 years ago

im out. finally hit that piece of straw.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pretty amazing if true.

Has anything official about the new mmr been announced? Like how many and what all it has? Or just info from expo

#30 4 years ago

For 10k I will take 5 system 11 games.

#31 4 years ago

I think there are really room for high price machines, however i Dont think with the example given, the value isn't there compared to the standard machines.
Just compared standard wonka and collector. You get a bit better design and a Ball lock for 5k.
Dont get me started on Elvira.
Mm is overpriced at basemodel and that marginal y potentiated on the royal.

I think the price, for me would be ok, with some new mechanisms, additional code, songs etc and a kick as truly interactive topper, similar to black knight, or even better.

#32 4 years ago

Wonka LE will be my last NIB Pin.
Looking back- from 2016 I have had 2-3 NIB ever year and that is crazy considering price.

Over here the average LE price is £9500. It’s too much!

#33 4 years ago

I'm almost 53 so I will enjoy things while I can.

Rob

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm almost 53 so I will enjoy things while I can.
Rob

I'm 52. Don't count our lives too short, lol. I plan on living another 30+ years!

#35 4 years ago

Not having any part of making that a normal price point...I'll go without unless something absolutley groundbreaking and stunning comes up but honestly, can't picture what that would be

#36 4 years ago

compare mmr royale to other 10k pins and it really is the best bang for the buck. i am sure if you buy this pin and hold it for a couple of years you could resell it for 8k. not a bad deal.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Now of days? I wish. Even most beat players system 11's are at or over 2k now of days. But 10k for one pin. NEVER!

#38 4 years ago

It would be hypocritical of me to say I won’t spend money period. I have a nice collection and have spent more on a few rare games in the past. Of my 10 most recent games, I have 5 NIB, 2 restored, 1 HUO and 3 routed. The price point discussed is too much and I don’t see myself chasing it.

I’m curious to see how I will react when to lower end Pros etc get to that price.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Has anything official about the new mmr been announced? Like how many and what all it has? Or just info from expo

It appears CGC has not indicated how many royal versions will be made. Based on demand imagine they would want to keep making them.
D45610EF-0253-4020-B884-CF79B0DB6B7A (resized).jpegD45610EF-0253-4020-B884-CF79B0DB6B7A (resized).jpeg

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It appears CGC has not indicated how many royal versions will be made. Based on demand imagine they would want to keep making them.
[quoted image]

Ok.. im wondering how people are saying its selling out quickly then if there's no set number to be made?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok.. im wondering how people are saying its selling out quickly then if there's no set number to be made?

Read in owner thread.
CGC did indicate in same thread 500 run total across models with the Royal version not run again.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Next run is 500 total units. Out of that 500, XXX are CE, XXX are SE and the last are Royals from XXX leftover.

#43 4 years ago

A Star Wars battle pod and a raw thrills JP.

Those are the only two arcade items I have spend over 10k on.

Probably much worse “Investments” than pinball but they are awesome!!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Next run is 500 total units. Out of that 500, XXX are CE, XXX are SE and the last are Royals from XXX leftover.

I am in on the MMrRE so you can count 1 for sure - YOLO

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That, or a basement filled to the brim with wedgeheads and other EMs.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am in on the MMrRE so you can count 1 for sure - YOLO

Funny cuz my wife said, ‘aren’t they building them backwards? I mean, build all the royals first instead?’

But I’m pretty sure those CE and SE units are already accounted for with CGC distro’s?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That, or a basement filled to the brim with wedgeheads and other EMs.

Yeah, or I could roll around in a pile of 1 million pennies. Where we going with this?

#48 4 years ago

I just did the MMr standard which is definitely a 10k pin here. Its a truly stupid amount of money to spend on a toy. Will be the first and only time. I may in the future trade that equity around to enjoy other high end games like Lotr and hobbit at home until I tire of those too.

#49 4 years ago

OMG Stern you used to sell TSPP for $3500 NIB.

#50 4 years ago

A 10,000 USD game will cost 14,765 CDN all in + 200$ shipping.
These games are great but it’s a Hard pass for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.99
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-10k-pin-wins-your-wallet?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.