3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by janus
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 82 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190601_001127 (resized).jpg
    20190601_001023 (resized).jpg
    stepbros (resized).jpg
    5FEC705E-AE0C-4370-AC10-D038F9D57ABF.gif
    Untitled.jpg
    OH-MAN-I-JUST-SHOT-MARVIN-IN-THE-FACE_o_64198 (resized).jpg
    vid_time.png
    girl pinball smasher WANTED (resized).jpg
    17ED1923-C8ED-422E-BD83-BDEEB766AF26 (resized).jpeg
    daves not here (resized).png
    20120423_600 (resized).jpg
    Vid1900_1.gif
    5F999B5A-AF9B-49C6-8CE2-26CF224481F4 (resized).jpeg
    wheres-waldo (resized).jpg
    shelter-area-in-basement-sign-k-0236 (resized).png
    Pinside waits (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 months ago

He said nothing to any of the mods. We had a good relationship with vid though none of us know who he actually is IRL. Absolutely one of the most mysterious and interesting people on Pinside. I hope he is okay and returns.

#31 3 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

So nobody knows who Vid actually is? Celebrity? FBI Top Ten most wanted?

I used to think he was Clay, but he is not.

Quoted from Darcy:

Had a theory he was Gary Stern. Mild mannered business man at work. Snappy pinball repair guy on line, also capable of crass come backs.
    But he is not him.

Ha! I never shared the theory he was Gary (he knew too much!), but I also considered he was Pat L or Roger S...

#90 3 months ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I can’t tell from reading this thread if people know something and I should be concerned or if we are just speculating?

It’s just all rank speculation best I can tell.

#98 3 months ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

There was a picture of him posted a while back so it exists on pinside unless someone removed it. Don't let his avatar fool you because he looked like a normal guy.

That picture was a phony, just like the thread about him choke slamming the guy on a game repair trip was made up.

#101 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are you sure? Unless the choke-out thread was an elaborate hoax by multiple people, I thought it was legit

Haha! Yes, I’m certain. The thread and his response were all a contrived joke.

#109 3 months ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Don't ruin this for me man, that is my all-time favorite Pinside thread. Sigh.

Honestly guys, I’m really a little taken aback so many of you thought that thread and the response thread were legit. Had we realized how many believed that story we would have been a bit more clear that it was meant to be humorous by those guys.

Vid gave a realistic and serious response to the post which anchored it for some a bit I suppose but that entire incident did not really happen.

#121 3 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

How confident are you in this? Because I’ve heard differently - but with your confidence, I can’t tell if the charade is being perpetuated... or if you have some bad information.

Well, I'm pretty confident but again, I do not even know who vid is IRL and its hard to prove a negative when you don't even know who one of the parties is... I believe one of the other mods or maybe even Robin conferred with vid via pm about the matter back when we locked the thread. I note that poster cichlid logged in to Pinside today. Perhaps he can opine...

Regardless, that story was so freaking out there it was frankly too incredible to believe and appeared to be meant to be funny even when it was written...

#132 3 months ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

There is nothing funny about my son being physically assaulted, and needing to go in for a MRI.
    There is nothing funny about filing a police report, and after many months, the police doing absolutely nothing.
    My family may still have a viable civil case.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I note that poster cichlid logged in to Pinside today. Perhaps he can opine...

Well, there you have it from cichlid. Gotta say I’m surprised.

#170 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This thread neads legal advise or a moderator to get to the bottom... this speculation of is it real or fake is kinda funny but then again not, all at the same time. Talk about you Ambiguously Real Duo...

I’ve already given my opinion, but in summary here it is:

The photo is fake (the one he posted of himself is not him), the alleged attack to keep him out of Expo a couple years ago was made up for a laugh that he was in on, no one on the mod team has any idea who vid is IRL and he has protected his identity rather zealously (I’m not saying no one on the site knows him obviously), and none of us know why he isn’t here at the moment.

I’m personally worried about him and hope he is okay and comes back soon. I have a tremendous amount of respect for vid and he has been one of my favorite members here for many years. The vid1900 posting on the other forum referenced earlier does not appear to be our vid1900, but I couldn’t say that for certain obviously...and I’ve not looked at it super closely.

#229 3 months ago

Vid once ate a whole cake before his friends could tell him there was a stripper in it.

1 month later
    #537 49 days ago
    Quoted from rygar:

I cannot access the topic. Does anyone else have the same problem?

You have to turn on your basement access. It defaults to off, meaning all basement posts are hidden to you. Toggle it to on to access the pinside basement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside