Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 746 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B151F360-0BA5-4199-A0A0-62177FE095D4 (resized).png
    C547ADAC-A428-436F-A89E-DDCB5AD58932 (resized).jpeg
    never_argue_when_death_is_on_the_line.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    odin (resized).jpg
    oogway (resized).jpg
    vid_virus (resized).png
    vid1900 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    deeptall.png
    7847E0D7-0A40-4D09-9246-4F52BF00D0C3 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    HESBACK!!.jpg
    20191031_110323 (resized).jpg
    20191031_110318 (resized).jpg
    vid1900 (resized).jpg
    There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are you sure? Unless the choke-out thread was an elaborate hoax by multiple people, I thought it was legit

Haha! Yes, I’m certain. The thread and his response were all a contrived joke.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have him pictured in my mind looking like Duke Nukem.

I always think of him just like his avatar!

#103 5 years ago

Vid has 387 followers on Pinside. That’s amazing.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Haha! Yes, I’m certain. The thread and his response were all a contrived joke.

Don't ruin this for me man, that is my all-time favorite Pinside thread. Sigh.

#105 5 years ago

You don't find Vid... Vid finds you. And a hundred other Chuck Norris lines replaced with Vid's name.

#106 5 years ago

Vid's avatar is Tall Man from Phantasm.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    The first move from the series is excellent and totally recommend checking it out if you like horror movies. It has two realities, is one a dream? type thing going on which works well. A few really scary scenes, and a couple make you jumpers. The part where the kid wakes up in the graveyard, tall man is standing over him and two zombies pop out of the ground and grab him is awesome.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

The rest of the movies in the series turn into generic slasher type films. They really should have kept with the dream stuff.

#107 5 years ago
    2ynhiw (resized).jpg2ynhiw (resized).jpg
    #108 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

He restored the hospital he was born in before his birth.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Don't ruin this for me man, that is my all-time favorite Pinside thread. Sigh.

Honestly guys, I’m really a little taken aback so many of you thought that thread and the response thread were legit. Had we realized how many believed that story we would have been a bit more clear that it was meant to be humorous by those guys.

Vid gave a realistic and serious response to the post which anchored it for some a bit I suppose but that entire incident did not really happen.

#110 5 years ago

It could be that HEP recruited him and Bryan Kelly to come over and help slam out some pins. But all I can think of happening is a bunch of drinking and talking about pinball's greatest hits!

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Honestly guys, I’m really a little taken aback so many of you thought that thread and the response thread were legit. Had we realized how many believed that story we would have been a bit more clear that it was meant to be humorous by those guys.
    Vid gave a realistic and serious response to the post which anchored it for some a bit I suppose but that entire incident did not really happen.

Popok and Beelow aren't real?
    Dang, had me fooled.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from xeneize:

Vid1900 has taught me more about pinball than any other single individual...and I have never even met the guy - much less been able to thank him personally.
    Not only is he an expert on pretty much everything, but I also appreciate his sense of humor and willingness to intelligently field/discuss controversial topics.
    Vid, if you're out there - please come back! Pinside wouldn't be the same without you!

+1 word by word!

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

Dang, had me fooled.

Same here. That story had me dying.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

Dang, had me fooled.

Next, he'll be telling us the legless Baywatch really had legs.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

He restored the hospital he was born in before his birth

...and then wrote a guide on how to not get ripped off by Doctors and the like...

#116 5 years ago

We need a "VID" version of the bat signal on the Pinside HomePage..........

#117 5 years ago

Dont ask me why
    But i slways think of Vid like this
    In a positive way

Picture-31 (resized).pngPicture-31 (resized).png
    #118 5 years ago

We need a Vid1900 restoration restoration guide...

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was skeptical at the beginning but Vids response seemed legit so I’ve always thought some version of that story took place...

Now I’m back to ground zero on what he looks like lol, someone find that old pic of him!!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How confident are you in this? Because I’ve heard differently - but with your confidence, I can’t tell if the charade is being perpetuated... or if you/I have some bad information.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

How confident are you in this? Because I’ve heard differently - but with your confidence, I can’t tell if the charade is being perpetuated... or if you have some bad information.

Well, I'm pretty confident but again, I do not even know who vid is IRL and its hard to prove a negative when you don't even know who one of the parties is... I believe one of the other mods or maybe even Robin conferred with vid via pm about the matter back when we locked the thread. I note that poster cichlid logged in to Pinside today. Perhaps he can opine...

Regardless, that story was so freaking out there it was frankly too incredible to believe and appeared to be meant to be funny even when it was written...

#122 5 years ago

Unless you know both of these guys - and are 100% sure - I think there might be a chance that your assumption is wrong.

But, I don’t know the parties either... so what do I know outside of information that can be exchanged on an Internet forum

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That picture was a phony, just like the thread about him choke slamming the guy on a game repair trip was made up.

I hope you are not publicly calling me a liar.

There is nothing funny about my son being physically assaulted, and needing to go in for a MRI.

There is nothing funny about filing a police report, and after many months, the police doing absolutely nothing.

My family may still have a viable civil case.

If somebody could please post that picture of Vid, that would be extremely helpful to us.

#124 5 years ago
    untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png
    #125 5 years ago

So that really did happen??
    But why would anyone file a police report over an obvious miss understanding is beyond me.

#126 5 years ago

I don’t know what’s real anymore.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

So that really did happen??
    But why would anyone file a police report over an obvious miss understanding is beyond me.

Who ever said it’s a misunderstanding?

#128 5 years ago

I choose to believe!

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

There is nothing funny about my son being physically assaulted, and needing to go in for a MRI.
    There is nothing funny about filing a police report, and after many months, the police doing absolutely nothing.
    If somebody could please post that picture of Vid, that would be extremely helpful to us.

Are you the same person that was unhappy with the playfield restoration that he did? I know that he stopped doing playfields because of someone but I don't remember who that person was. I might have a picture on my phone of the last time we all hung out. If he was at your house then you already know what he looks like. Did this happen in Ohio or Michigan? I am somewhat confused by all of this and why someone would file a police report from a misunderstanding.

#130 5 years ago

Now I'm really confused!

Has anybody actually seen the man in person other than Cichild?

#131 5 years ago

Is this some Borat shit going on here?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I note that poster cichlid logged in to Pinside today. Perhaps he can opine...

Well, there you have it from cichlid. Gotta say I’m surprised.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

He was there but you don't know what he looks like?

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:He was there but you don't know what he looks like?

I think he's just looking to verify we're talking about the same person...

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

A redacted police report would be nice to see.

#136 5 years ago

The funny thing is that a lot of us have seen Vid. He was been to a lot of pinball shows like Expo, Kalamazoo, the Ohio show, etc. I know exactly what he looks like and his real name.

I am start to question Cichlid's story now. If he already knows what he looks like, finding a picture of him is actually easy. Just look at prior pinball shows. I did find a picture of Vid but my gut said that I should not be helping this Cichlid person. Something just is not right.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

He was there but you don't know what he looks like?

I can not find an actual picture clear picture of him.

I have the neighbor's security cam video, but it's worthless other than seeing motion.

I've looked through a few threads on the pinball shows, but he is scarce.

#138 5 years ago

I thought that he posted a legit pic of himself once. It was from a distance and I stated that he resembled Penn from Penn and Teller. He upvoted my comment. So, I assumed that meant that he agreed.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Now I'm really confused!
    Has anybody actually seen the man in person other than Cichild?

You guys are all buddy buddy with him at the shows

I saw him in Clay's parking lot unloading boxes, and that is ironic since Clay hates him.

He is big, old and leathery like he was in a fire or he is a reptile.

I was told by two people that at Pinball Expo, he had a giant full beard and mustache and had dyed all his hair red-brown instead of white.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:The funny thing is that a lot of us have seen Vid. He was been to a lot of pinball shows like Expo, Kalamazoo, the Ohio show, etc. I know exactly what he looks like and his real name.
    I am start to question Cichlid's story now. If he already knows what he looks like, finding a picture of him is actually easy. Just look at prior pinball shows. I did find a picture of Vid but my gut said that I should not be helping this Cichlid person. Something just is not right.

Does he look like this?

Quoted from cichlid:

I was told by two people that at Pinball Expo, he had a giant full beard and mustache and had dyed all his hair red-brown instead of white.

#141 5 years ago
    giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
    #142 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

I can not find an actual picture clear picture of him.

He was in your home fixing your pinball machines and almost choked your son out but you don't remember what he looks like? That seems kind of weird and fishy to me.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-Movie-Marv (resized).jpgSin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-Movie-Marv (resized).jpg

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

... old and leathery like he was in a fire or he is a reptile.

Ok, I just found a picture of this old reptile looking guy.

sag (resized).jpgsag (resized).jpg
    #145 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

It seems like you are trying to demonize him. He's been an asset to the pinball community. I'm pretty well convinced that we're all a little odd. I don't think he's a bad guy.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

he had a giant full beard and mustache and had dyed all his hair red-brown instead of white.

Or...
    000D9FD2-B8FC-1BE2-91BB80C328EC0458 (resized).jpg000D9FD2-B8FC-1BE2-91BB80C328EC0458 (resized).jpg

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Are you the same person that was unhappy with the playfield restoration that he did? I know that he stopped doing playfields because of someone but I don't remember who that person was. I

I never heard about that one, but I've not been on Pinside in the last few months. He has done a bunch of playfields for people I know.

He did a restoration and repopulation on a Whitewater playfield for me about 4 months before he went crazy.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am somewhat confused by all of this and why someone would file a police report from a misunderstanding.

The police did not think it was a "misunderstanding".

Vid will look you in the eye and say "I'm wearing a beard because I was in a movie today", "I'm driving my cousin's $200,000 car because he wants me to keep it away from his crazy wife while he overseas." or "It's not a bulletproof vest, it's a bandage." and you want to believe it, but it can't be anything other than lies.

#148 5 years ago

Vid1900 as Leatherface....

Screenshot_2019-04-15-20-00-09 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-04-15-20-00-09 (resized).png
    #149 5 years ago
    4CE18CF9-FCE6-43C2-8B68-105BA891C4DC (resized).png4CE18CF9-FCE6-43C2-8B68-105BA891C4DC (resized).png
    #150 5 years ago

This thread is getting funny.

There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-vid1900/page/3?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.