Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 746 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B151F360-0BA5-4199-A0A0-62177FE095D4 (resized).png
    C547ADAC-A428-436F-A89E-DDCB5AD58932 (resized).jpeg
    never_argue_when_death_is_on_the_line.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    odin (resized).jpg
    oogway (resized).jpg
    vid_virus (resized).png
    vid1900 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    deeptall.png
    7847E0D7-0A40-4D09-9246-4F52BF00D0C3 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    HESBACK!!.jpg
    20191031_110323 (resized).jpg
    20191031_110318 (resized).jpg
    vid1900 (resized).jpg

There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
    #51 4 years ago

Who remembers - or can link - that crazy post someone made about Vid when he showed up at their house? If I remember correctly, he showed up with some other guy and things got really weird.

Anyone?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Who remembers - or can link - that crazy post someone made about Vid when he showed up at their house? If I remember correctly, he showed up with some other guy and things got really weird.
    Anyone?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinballhoudini-will-be-at-pinball-expo/page/5#post-3363069

And then there's Vid's response thread, lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-kick-vid1900-off-of-pinside-and-ban-him-from-expo-thread#post-3364446

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Response link doesn't work. If it's been deleted, can someone summarize?

Works for me. Too long to summarize.

#55 4 years ago

Oh, on second look, I don't have access to this sub forum. Do I need to know a secret handshake?

#56 4 years ago

His location was listed as Sanaa, pretty dangerous place...hope he's ok.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Oh, on second look, I don't have access to this sub forum. Do I need to know a secret handshake?

Says the same thing for me... not sure why

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Anyone?

A few years ago Vid restored a playfield for someone. The guy was not happy with the outcome and Vid went into hiding. He feared for his life and even started to wear a kevlar vest. Vid then got out of restoring playfields and started to post his playfield process on Pinside.

This, or part of this story, at one time was posted here on Pinside.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

His location was listed as Sanaa, pretty dangerous place...hope he's ok.

AKA, Ohio.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The default setting for pinside is to hide basement topics... If you want to see that link adjust the setting to show the basement topics.

#61 4 years ago

If he lives in Ohio (or surrounding states) I would drive there just to buy him a few beers, he’s helped me that much with his informative threads. Pm me Vid if you’d like a free night of drinking.

#63 4 years ago

Haven’t seen anything since his ‘ don’t be an old fart on Grammy night’ thread. Maybe he’s nursing an injured ego?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

If he lives in Ohio...

He was in Ohio, unsure if he still lives there. I have met him in person, he is a nice guy.

#65 4 years ago

I had no idea there is so much drama in pinball.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I had no idea there is so much drama in pinball.

Drama? I use to be on the RGP newsgroup. When Pinside started I signed up on the first day in hopes that Pinside would be the new drama free place. Then all the RGP drama guys left RGP and came to Pinside. I left Pinside and stayed off of it for years. I think the drama is less (better) now than it use to be so I rejoined Pinside.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Drama? I use to be on the RGP newsgroup. When Pinside started I signed up on the first day in hopes that Pinside would be the new drama free place. Then all the RGP drama guys left RGP and came to Pinside. I left Pinside and stayed off of it for years. I think the drama is less (better) now than it use to be so I rejoined Pinside.

Aren’t you one of the “drama guys” Thought I read you bashing someone here recently

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Aren’t you one of the “drama guys” Thought I read you bashing someone here recently

I was the one that was verbally bashed recently.

You must be referring to the Kruzman post. It is funny how you bring that up in a Vid1900 thread. I know Vid and if you read his playfield threads, especially the beginning of it, he was really referring to exactly this same person. We have spoke over a few beers on this topic and that is mainly why he wrote the playfield restoration guide to begin with.

I was verbally attacked last week and the guy who attack me did get a 2 day suspension. My friends who know me will vouch for me but the problem is that I am an old timer and my friends are dying off. No drama here, just the truth.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

I see where vid has not been on Pinside for over a month. Anybody have any contact with him and know if he’s ok? He’s such an asset to the community.

ask "marvin"

#70 4 years ago

WOW.... I never thought this thread would turn into all this information.

#71 4 years ago

Maybe we can issue an Amber Alert and find our buddy.

#72 4 years ago

This is about all I can do to help. Hope he is OK.

VID1900 (resized).jpgVID1900 (resized).jpg
    #73 4 years ago

Its simple, a subject he felt strongly about and the place of his next to last Post was locked and sent to the basement.
    Its over.

#74 4 years ago

Wtf is your problem "vireland"? You've already been told your lame ass accusations were wrong. Get over it.

#75 4 years ago

did the bullet proof best ever get explained?

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Its simple, a subject he felt strongly about and the place of his next to last Post was locked and sent to the basement.
    Its over.

What post are you talking about? I don't see it.

#78 4 years ago

The mystery/mystique about this guy is hilarious. It's great for the hobby.

He definitely helped me out, through PM, at least twice. Was thoughtful and detailed in the msgs we exchanged. LTG has done the same (and when I was green, he extended an offer of generosity that I'll never forget). These guys are pure gold.

#79 4 years ago

Vid was the best. He took no gruff from key board warriors.

#80 4 years ago

I appreciate that in his style he didn't publicly quit, or shut down his account so that everyone can know. He just stopped visiting.

I do hope he comes back some day.

#81 4 years ago

vid1900 has taught me more about pinball than any other single individual...and I have never even met the guy - much less been able to thank him personally.

Not only is he an expert on pretty much everything, but I also appreciate his sense of humor and willingness to intelligently field/discuss controversial topics.

Vid, if you're out there - please come back! Pinside wouldn't be the same without you!

#82 4 years ago

I found him. Skip to the 2:00 minute mark and enjoy!

#83 4 years ago

Everyone relax, Vid is just taking it easy on some tropical island drinking pina colodas with his new boyfriend.

#85 4 years ago

I can’t tell from reading this thread if people know something and I should be concerned or if we are just speculating?

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I found him. Skip to the 2:00 minute mark and enjoy!

That dude can WAIL. My goodness. Dreaming of sheep! Lol.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That dude can WAIL. My goodness. Dreaming of sheep! Lol.

Damn right he can. I about shit my pants whenever i heard that! I wasn’t expecting that at all out of him lol.

#88 4 years ago

I think everyone needs a break from here, every now and then. It can get rough sometimes. I have been ban once for stupid stuff that I said, without thinking and have since apologized for, then took a break afterwords out of frustration.

Maybe he'll come back and maybe he won't. Good lesson for all of us maybe....

#89 4 years ago

He took a job at PayPal to destroy it from the inside.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I can’t tell from reading this thread if people know something and I should be concerned or if we are just speculating?

It’s just all rank speculation best I can tell.

#91 4 years ago

So I think two people total on pinside have said they’ve met him — what does he look like? Ever since I read that thread about him being a giant leather-skinned dude I’ve had that picture in my head — really curious if that’s accurate.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

So I think two people total on pinside have said they’ve met him — what does he look like? Ever since I read that thread about him being a giant leather-skinned dude I’ve had that picture in my head — really curious if that’s accurate.

I have him pictured in my mind looking like Duke Nukem.
    duke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0 (resized).jpgduke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0 (resized).jpg

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have him pictured in my mind looking like Duke Nukem.
    [quoted image]

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum!

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

There was a picture of him posted a while back so it exists on pinside unless someone removed it. Don't let his avatar fool you because he looked like a normal guy.

#95 4 years ago

I've spotted him at the Ohio Pinball show. Never talked to him though. A few of my pinball friends know of his excellent pinball repair and restoration work. He was doing it back when men were men.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I swear there was a pic of him in some thread and he just looked like an average dude. Pic had that 70's look to it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, think there were 3 people in the pic and one was vid?

Thread you're referring to just seemed like a bunch of clowning around to me...

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

There was a picture of him posted a while back so it exists on pinside unless someone removed it. Don't let his avatar fool you because he looked like a normal guy.

Yup, I knew it, remember seeing the pic...

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

That picture was a phony, just like the thread about him choke slamming the guy on a game repair trip was made up.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That picture was a phony, just like the thread about him choke slamming the guy on a game repair trip was made up.

Are you sure? Unless the choke-out thread was an elaborate hoax by multiple people, I thought it was legit.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are you sure? Unless the choke-out thread was an elaborate hoax by multiple people, I thought it was legit.

His response certainly reads legit

There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-vid1900/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.