Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 746 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B151F360-0BA5-4199-A0A0-62177FE095D4 (resized).png
    C547ADAC-A428-436F-A89E-DDCB5AD58932 (resized).jpeg
    never_argue_when_death_is_on_the_line.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    odin (resized).jpg
    oogway (resized).jpg
    vid_virus (resized).png
    vid1900 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    deeptall.png
    7847E0D7-0A40-4D09-9246-4F52BF00D0C3 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    HESBACK!!.jpg
    20191031_110323 (resized).jpg
    20191031_110318 (resized).jpg
    vid1900 (resized).jpg

There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
    #1 4 years ago

I see where vid has not been on Pinside for over a month. Anybody have any contact with him and know if he’s ok? He’s such an asset to the community.

#2 4 years ago

Wondering that myself

#3 4 years ago

Asked the Moderators that same question 12 days ago.

Could he be in Eastern Europe, where there is sketchy internet. Did get in a bar fight, and was thrown in jail? Worst, has he passed away?

#4 4 years ago

I noticed this too, thanks for starting a thread @eagle18. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on Vids whereabouts. Hopefully vid1900 himself will do that.

#5 4 years ago

I bet hes cruising around in a van somewhere with Popok and Beelow.

#6 4 years ago

He's probably in a stripper bar somewhere . . .

#7 4 years ago

He’s very old and has numerous international enemies going back to the 1940s...many of whom have been biding time, waiting for the moment of revenge.

Hopefully he’s ok!

#8 4 years ago

Maybe he is hanging out with O-din....

#9 4 years ago

Or playing pinball

#10 4 years ago

Certainly one of the most interesting, knowledgeable, mysterious and people on here, albeit a bit hyperbolic at times. That's for sure. I definitely enjoy his posts.

#11 4 years ago

He posted fuse advice in a resto thread on Aussie Arcade two days ago. So he’s alive.

#12 4 years ago

Yup. Pinside would not be the same without him!

#13 4 years ago

Maybe he went to the dessert on a horse with no name?
    Maybe he wanted to be out of the rain

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s very old and has numerous international enemies going back to the 1940s...many of whom have been biding time, waiting for the moment of revenge.
    Hopefully he’s ok!

LOL!!!!

#15 4 years ago

Most likely he is still hiding out in Sana's, aka Ohio.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

He posted fuse advice in a resto thread on Aussie Arcade two days ago. So he’s alive.

I’m figuring someone on here pissed him off and he’s taking a break.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

I am thinking if that were the case you'd be seeing more posts from him.

#18 4 years ago

It's funny, I was just wondering where Vid has been and then this thread pops up. Crazy.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

There is some truth to that. He has gone into hiding before. I can't say much more than that other than "those who can't do, teach". When you pissed off the wrong guy, things happen. I'm not that guy but there was some unhappy customer that he had that was.

#20 4 years ago

He is definitely very valuable to the community. I have a large number of his guides favorited and reference a few of them fairly frequently. If he's seriously taking time way from pinside I really hope he reconsiders as his absence is definitely noticed.

#21 4 years ago

His past few post were kind of out there, and I think they got locked if I remember right. I'm sure someone can correct me on that if I am wrong.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

He is definitely very valuable to the community. I have a large number of his guides favorited and reference a few of them fairly frequently. If he's seriously taking time way from pinside I really hope he reconsiders as his absence is definitely noticed.

Ditto!

#23 4 years ago

Please don't go (Vid1900)!!

#24 4 years ago

He said nothing to any of the mods. We had a good relationship with vid though none of us know who he actually is IRL. Absolutely one of the most mysterious and interesting people on Pinside. I hope he is okay and returns.

#25 4 years ago

OK OK I get it. i know what's going on here.

So in on a vid1900 LE. Called my distributor today.

#26 4 years ago

My theory is he is a time traveling, how else can one guy know so much! He’ll be back.

#27 4 years ago

So nobody knows who Vid actually is? Celebrity? FBI Top Ten most wanted?

#28 4 years ago

Vid 1900 WHERE ARE YOU?????

#29 4 years ago

Had a theory he was Gary Stern. Mild mannered business man at work. Snappy pinball repair guy on line, also capable of crass come backs.
    But he is not him.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully he’s ok!

My bet is Deeproot hired him.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

So nobody knows who Vid actually is? Celebrity? FBI Top Ten most wanted?

I used to think he was Clay, but he is not.

Quoted from Darcy:

Had a theory he was Gary Stern. Mild mannered business man at work. Snappy pinball repair guy on line, also capable of crass come backs.
    But he is not him.

Ha! I never shared the theory he was Gary (he knew too much!), but I also considered he was Pat L or Roger S...

#32 4 years ago

I spoke to Vid right before the Michael Jackson documentary on hbo. It was a private message convo. Hope he’s well.

#33 4 years ago

Maybe like Odin and other pinsiders that kept things lively on here they are gone. It's a newer kind of site from years back and well maybe people got what they wanted.

#34 4 years ago

Vid’s alright i dont care what his teacher’s used to say about him

#35 4 years ago

A vid1900 is posting regularly at the strat-talk.com forums, even today. Just sayin’

#36 4 years ago

I get the impression Pinside has jumped the shark. It ain't the same, that's for sure. Probably time to sell my pins....

#37 4 years ago

I started wondering what the heck happened to Vid about two weeks ago but decided to wait until his pinside pulse had flatlined for a full month before starting a thread....and then stumbled onto this. Pinball restoration is some of the best fun with a steep learning curve I've ever had and I couldn't have done it without a ton of generous help from @vid1900. I just hope he hasn't flatlined for real. Mysterious dude, indeed. Almost like the Banksy of the pinball world.

#38 4 years ago

Why be a Pinside influencer which doesn't pay dick when you can be a Youtube influencer which at least pays something?

#39 4 years ago

He is choking people out and saying...Why are you not listening to me!!!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

It's a newer kind of site from years back and well maybe people got what they wanted.

I spend time reading old threads from a decade ago sometimes. It’s crazy...people are all nice and respectful & like half the posters are retired/inactive.

#41 4 years ago

The Great man dropped in Aussie Arcade 2 days ago

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I get the impression Pinside has jumped the shark. It ain't the same, that's for sure. Probably time to sell my pins....

The most annoying posts are usually from people signed up a year or less, I agree pinside needs to keep the longer members involved in the community more.

#43 4 years ago

The man is taking a break from Pinside, nothing wrong with that!
    People mentioned some other forums. Are they pinball-centric, or do they encompass other hobbies as well? I’ve been looking for other forums to find help with my other coin-op hobbies like soda/snack & change machines.

Perhaps he’s focusing on different avenues at the moment?

#44 4 years ago

Did anyone try to PM him?

#45 4 years ago

I did notice the Arcade1up thread has been quiet also. (Vid started thread) No "single mom" references in awhile.

#46 4 years ago

"Vid....Vid, come back!"

shane (resized).jpgshane (resized).jpg
    #47 4 years ago

Has anyone met vid in person?

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Is vid a person?
    Lol.

Ya, I’m pretty sure that there’s been mention of him meeting up with pinsiders I’ve the years.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Probably, but you never realize it til later

Vid1900 & O-din

lr t (resized).jpglr t (resized).jpg
    #50 4 years ago

I miss these two, their knowledge and perspectives help balance topic discussions on the forum as new people discover pinball.

There are 746 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.