Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yelobird
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200px-Berwyn_car_spindle_20070707 (resized).jpg
    980d56fb6104607c07344ef363bc3785 (resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Always wondered with EATPM/SS and TFTC, why no Svengoolie pin? The guy has been around since 1979, and now a national TV presence and most importantly - with most pins emanating from Chicago - is Chicago-based as well...seems like a pin like that would be made.....

#2 8 years ago

Before I was into pinball I had heard of elvira and tftc but I had never even heard of svengoolie till pinball life this year.

#3 8 years ago

no, no...Son of Svengoolie...

#4 8 years ago

I think a Svengoolie pin would be cool, but nobody knows who he is. My daughter was Svengoolie for Halloween. Two people knew who Svengoolie was out of everyone she told at school, everyone I told when asked about my kid's costumes, or while out trick or treating.

#5 8 years ago

You could easily sell 300 Svengoolie pins.

#6 8 years ago

I'd never heard of the guy before Expo, and I still don't understand who/what he is.

Is he like Chicago's equivalent of Sammy Terry? or ?

#7 8 years ago

I think Oddity Archive did an episode about him. He was Chicago's version of Elvira, a weird vampire thing who would show B-movies late at night. Of course, it never caught on.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'd never heard of the guy before Expo, and I still don't understand who/what he is.

As I understand it, he's a local celeb. I've lived in a few different places, and each of them had their own campy late Friday night horror movie hosts on either cable access, or a network affiliate.

#9 8 years ago

Yeah, I've never heard of him either.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

who's Sammy terry?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

If you are from the greater Chicagoland area (including Northern Indiana) - you likely grew up on Svengoolie (the original, or current) ...the late night horror host of Chicago since the 70's - yes the equivalent to Sammy Terry. However, unlike Sammy - Sven had been able to stay on the airwaves in some form or another post-80's, and a half-dozen years ago broke nationally with MeTV and is now in nearly every market in the U.S. - in fact I can say my son and daughter are growing up watching Sven, 5 years now, right here in Indianapolis. My Dad, about 4 miles from your house, John, continues to watch Sven on Saturday nights!

3 years later
    #12 4 years ago

Upon the announcement of Elvira #3 - my question from 3 years ago is still apropos.....the guy is honored in MAD magazine - and now DC comics - is seen coast-to-coast every Saturday night... and yet - in the heart of pinball country where Sven is from - no Sven pin.....just don't get it....

#13 4 years ago

I try to like him but he really isn't that funny

#14 4 years ago

If you refuse to pay for cable, satellite or other pay TV services and rely on an antenna for your TV viewing, you can watch Svengolie for free on the weekends. Always another B rated movie for heckling. Kind of like Mystery Science Theater, without robots. It can be funny at times, especially the heckling he does.

#15 4 years ago

big fan of sven!

#16 4 years ago

As a long ago former resident of BERWYN and its fine mall art exhibits I can relate to Svengoolie. lol

200px-Berwyn_car_spindle_20070707 (resized).jpg200px-Berwyn_car_spindle_20070707 (resized).jpg980d56fb6104607c07344ef363bc3785 (resized).jpg980d56fb6104607c07344ef363bc3785 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-the-svengoolie-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.