Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Carl (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    Waffle House (resized).jpg
    First-Watch-SoCal-Breakfast-Burrito (resized).jpg
    frispos) (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    15082b5c6ec5d482f414eceae562be71 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0320 (resized).JPG
    Checkers Rallys fries (resized).jpg
    70c (resized).jpg
    Black Bear Diner breakfast 2 (resized).jpg
    20170810_080803 (1) (resized).jpg
    20170810_074257 (1) (resized).jpg
    20170810_073543 (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

That's what I'm craving right now.

#3 6 years ago

LOL! A year ago, I'd never heard of them. Last April I drove to Springfield Missouri and saw one in Broken Arrow Oklahoma and one in Springfield on the same day.
    Looks like the closest one to you is in Phoenix. If you leave now, you might get there before the lunch rush.
    ... or, you could just go to Norms on Euclid.

#4 6 years ago

Go to Roscoes chicken and waffles for brunch in Long Beach. They are much better.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Go to Roscoes chicken and waffles for brunch in Long Beach. They are much better.

Or he could go to the one in Anaheim (2110 South Harbor Blvd.)

#6 6 years ago

Also known as Awful Waffle.

#7 6 years ago

Why or why can't there be one closer to Chicago (closest is 173 miles)?

My two sons and I love it. Must be a guy thing. My daughter and wife won't even go in. They sit in the car and wait.

#8 6 years ago

Their hash browns and buttermilk biscuits are awesome! Waffles, oddly enough are just OK.

#9 6 years ago

Mine is less than a mile from me.

#10 6 years ago

MMMMMM, Gotta go with:
    Double Covered and peppered, chunked and topped

#11 6 years ago

Fortunately, way, far, away!

Recently had a business trip East. We had two places right around the corner from the hotel where we could do breakfast. After hitting Cracker Barrel a few times, one of us wanted to try Waffle house. I had only been to one once, about 30 years ago, so I figured we'd give it a try. Needless to say, the next morning, we were back at Cracker Barrel!

#12 6 years ago

Remember, you don't want to eat anywhere where your feet stick to floor!

#13 6 years ago

I had one a mile away from my work a few years back. I would go there for lunch at least once or twice a week. The ladies knew my order as soon as I walked in. Double Cheeseburger and a side of hashbrowns peppered (jalapeno). Their food is amazing and the staff there were the nicest bunch. I would sit at the diner bar and listen to all of their problems while I chowed down on those greasy burgers. Good times.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

After hitting Cracker Barrel a few times, one of us wanted to try Waffle house. I had only been to one once, about 30 years ago, so I figured we'd

Man I could live at Cracker Barrel!

#15 6 years ago

It's a great place to walk out with the flu.

#16 6 years ago

Waffle house is the bomb! Rest of you all:
    248af0c (resized).jpg248af0c (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

We don't have them in Wi. When I took the family to Disney some years back we ate breakfast there every morning. Since then I have heard people talk about how horrible it is. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Seemed like a decent place at a good price. I've still never had chicken and waffles but wouldn't mind trying it. The sweet and savory combination is probably nice together.

#18 6 years ago

Waffle House is awesome. It varies by location though... there's one by my house that's amazing but the one a few miles down the road is iffy. Just depends on how it's managed.

#19 6 years ago

Nothing beats eating at Waffle House at 2am!

#20 6 years ago

I like the Atmosphere of Waffle House. Closest ones are in Toledo, Ohio so an hour drive for me. Fortunately, I travel a lot so I get near them often. Only places I go that don't have them are the Pacific Northwest and California.

I like how some of them in Arizona have Southwest architecture.

The nickname I've always heard is "Awful House".

Pics from a recent visit to one on my way to Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix.

20170810_073543 (1) (resized).jpg20170810_073543 (1) (resized).jpg

20170810_074257 (1) (resized).jpg20170810_074257 (1) (resized).jpg

20170810_080803 (1) (resized).jpg20170810_080803 (1) (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

I love Waffle House and its so cheap to eat there.I've only seen them in the south though.Just ate at one between Branson ,Missouri and St Louis.YUM.

#22 6 years ago

Went to law school in ATL and fell in love with WH as a poor law student. Probably ate there daily. I'm 50 now and have no business eating that calorically-dense crap now, but it remains a guilty pleasure. Hash browns, scattered, smothered, topped and chunked, double order. One complaint: no butter in the house. It's all margarine. Cheaper and doesn't taste half as good.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Went to law school in ATL and fell in love with WH as a poor law student. Probably ate there daily. I'm 50 now and have no business eating that calorically-dense crap now, but it remains a guilty pleasure. Hash browns, scattered, smothered, topped and chunked, double order. One complaint: no butter in the house. It's all margarine. Cheaper and doesn't taste half as good.

Also, cold syrup. Wish they would warm it like Boob Evans/Owen’s. Scratch that, all the Owen’s are now gone...

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

2nd only to Taco Bell

#25 6 years ago

Being from the south, waffle house has been a part of my life for a long time, especially in college.

Some of the craziest shit I've ever seen has been between 2-3am at a waffle house. We still eat there, they always are consistent and have quick service. They are also the only place that is open after a hurricane.

Quoted from Electrocute:

2nd only to Taco Bell

Taco bell is pretty awesome at 2am.

#26 6 years ago

Perhaps Del Taco fills our So Cal late night munchery needs?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Also, cold syrup. Wish they would warm it like Boob Evans/Owen’s. Scratch that, all the Owen’s are now gone...

Warm syrup on request. You have to know. Pecan waffle is great. It’s breakfast lighten up Francis.

#28 6 years ago

After a long night out (5am) we sometimes stop at the one on the way home. For most people there it's morning and they can tell we haven't been home yet.

Ham and cheese omelette with hash browns. Mmm.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Perhaps Del Taco fills our So Cal late night munchery needs?

Del Taco 100X over Taco Bell!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Del Taco came to Dallas, opened like 3 locations, and closed them a year or so later. I. Am. FURIOUS.

Waffle House? It's a half mile from my house. Like...walking distance, but twice as far as IHOP.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Del Taco came to Dallas, opened like 3 locations, and closed them a year or so later. I. Am. FURIOUS.
    Waffle House? It's a half mile from my house. Like...walking distance, but twice as far as IHOP.

I had a Del Taco near my home (Originally a Naugles) for many years. Then it became yet ANOTHER Starschmucks.
    Other new locations have opened in the area, but none as close as that one was.

#32 6 years ago

I don’t recall seeing any waffle houses, but I think there are a few Del Tacos in southeastern Michigan, which seems very far from where I’ve usually seen them in SoCal. Saw one yesterday on Middlebelt in Livonia if I remember right.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

2nd only to Taco Bell

Quoted from Coz:

Here's one I heard awhile back:

Q: What has eight legs and twelve teeth?

A: The night crew at Waffle House.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from tfduda:

I don’t recall seeing any waffle houses, but I think there are a few Del Tacos in southeastern Michigan, which seems very far from where I’ve usually seen them in SoCal. Saw one yesterday on Middlebelt in Livonia if I remember right.

Yep, there are six or seven in the. Detroit area....

#35 6 years ago

On my two drives across the country, the last one over ten years ago, I discovered the wonders of Waffle House.

Although they keep trying to make Dennys better, I'll be damned if I don't know why there is no Waffle House in So Cal.

#36 6 years ago

I've ate at one in New Orleans and Galveston,Texas and they were both good.For me and my wife it's only 10 bucks.I usually give the waitress a 40% tip.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's what I'm craving right now.

Be sure and check the Yelp reviews first.

LTG : )

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Here's one I heard awhile back:
    Q: What has eight feet and twelve teeth?
    A: The night crew at Waffle House.

Sounds better if you say eight legs, instead of eight feet.

#39 6 years ago

This is so true. Real cheddar cheese and those crinkle cut fries. I'm surprised anybody around here eats at Taco Bell with so many Del Tacos available.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Be sure and check the Yelp reviews first.
    LTG : )

Good idea! We don't have a Waffle House but this place recently opened about a mile from here. It's always packed. Maybe I'll go get some eggs benedict and call it a day.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/black-bear-diner-fullerton-2

Black Bear Diner breakfast 2 (resized).jpgBlack Bear Diner breakfast 2 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

Yeah, Black Bear Diners are great places to eat. Quite a few in Utah and a few in Reno.

#42 6 years ago

Charlie Sheen may disagree with that opinion.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

keep trying to make Dennys

That's actually the closest to my house. Two blocks away. (Yeah, I kind of love living where I do. So utterly convenient. Just wish my actual place wasn't such a craphole!)

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Charlie Sheen may disagree with that opinion.

Taco Bell's food almost seems fake compared to Del Taco.

#45 6 years ago

They had/have del tacos in Houston in the 80's and had these taco shells that are fried and light and crispy. Forget what the we're called but man they were good.

They have hot dog places there called James Coney Island. They are awesome too. That's when I was young and thin and would get 6 or 7 hot dogs for lunch.

#46 6 years ago

If I want to eat from a greasy spoon, I go to Steak N Shake. I believe they are only in the south. Serve up great smash burgers as well.

#47 6 years ago

The closest Waffle House to here is in Fort Collins Colorado. One border, and a more than 14 hour drive one way, for waffles is too far.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

If I want to eat from a greasy spoon, I go to Steak N Shake. I believe they are only in the south. Serve up great smash burgers as well.

Steak and shakes are ok but they're like cherry Sprite to me. They are great but get old fast. They do have great fries.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Some of the craziest shit I've ever seen has been between 2-3am at a waffle house

That's the real beauty of the waffle house.

I miss the late night adventures of my past

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Yeah, Black Bear Diners are great places to eat.

We've got several Dennys, a couple hit or miss IHOPs, Norms, maybe a Cocos or two, but no more Sambos, Carrows, Bob's Big Boy, or Howard Johnsons, and no Waffle House, so Black Bear it is!

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-the-nearest-waffle-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.