New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 152608)

#where's the code - Thank you Stern *for real*

By flashinstinct

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kiss update (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
thank-you-stern_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

After a year of posting and talking about "wheres the code" I feel that Stern as moved in the right direction. Last night they released Mustang Code 1.45 and just a few days ago WWE 1.25. While there is always room for improvement, I feel that Stern as taken major strides in the right direction with the GOT code. Since the inception of wheres the code (1 year ago):

- Star Trek got an update
- The Walking Dead code got some several drastic updates
- Metallica got several updates and his a true hit with home and operator markets.
- Whoa Nellie got a code update
- Kiss Pro got an update but most would agree that this game is in serious need of code love
- Avengers got the code polished it deserved
- Mustang just got a code update
- WWE just got a code update
- GOT got over 20 updates...I think this is unheard of until now.

I'll be the first to Tip my hat off to them on what looks to be a successful year of code updates. Keep it up guys. I know I might have sounded like a complete asshole during the last 365 days and that I was a constant torn in your side for the better part of 2015 and probably alienated a vast majority of folks on here.

With that said I hope people can put a positive spin on Stern code. While I know WWE and Kiss are in need of major updates I think Stern needs some appreciation VS complete bitch fest all the time. (I know I'm guilty of this too). To all the programmers at Stern. Keep up the good work.

If you code it they will come

Buying NIB Sterns is up to everyone's discretion and make sure your are able to handle to code wait time wings. But with GOT these seem to be becoming shorter. Let's hope this trend continues and that we see Stern step up to the plate in 2016 like they did last year.

Post pictures of yourself with the game that you love the most with updated code.

thank-you-stern_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Here's to hoping for continued updates and polishing on older and newer games in 2016.

My wish list:
Transformers - Few more bug fixes, would love to see somehow a small 2 ball multiball added to Decepticon side similar to Mudflap and Skids when on Autobots side.
X-men - Bug fixes and complete final Dark Phoenix mode
Iron Man - Tweak Do or Die rules to make them more achievable, add skill shot, possible final tweaks that could make a great game even better?
Star Trek - Final polish but believe there were still a few bugs to work out, I am happy with this one but more is always better.
AC/DC - Add forgotten cannon modes, strobe MB and few more tweaks to take it from best game ever to bestest game ever!(wishful thinking)

Game Of Thrones - I know a lot of people feel code is "near complete", I disagree wholeheartedly and hope there is much more added. Serious room for added dots and call outs hopefully for all of the modes. I for one still think this game needs more depth related to beating the houses. I kind of hope for a Star Trek like 2-3 deep progression on each house putting mini wizard and maybe a 2nd mini wizard in for completing levels with the houses. But mainly I think each house needs way more specific callouts tied to it. Right now Martell has the Dwarf speaking with each hit, why not have more like that on each other house. Greyjoy for example has absolutely nothing other than few dots with Theon(Reek), no callouts specific to him at all. Most other houses are the same. Change up and add callouts to each multiball. I hope in the end all items get addressed but if basic rules are set then I hope tons more tweaking to existing rules and tons of callouts and dots are still added to add to the overall awesomeness!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Here's to hoping for continued updates and polishing on older and newer games in 2016.
My wish list:
Transformers - Few more bug fixes, would love to see somehow a small 2 ball multiball added to Decepticon side similar to Mudflap and Skids when on Autobots side.
X-men - Bug fixes and complete final Dark Phoenix mode
Iron Man - Tweak Do or Die rules to make them more achievable, add skill shot, possible final tweaks that could make a great game even better?
Star Trek - Final polish but believe there were still a few bugs to work out, I am happy with this one but more is always better.
AC/DC - Add forgotten cannon modes, strobe MB and few more tweaks to take it from best game ever to bestest game ever!(wishful thinking)
Game Of Thrones - I know a lot of people feel code is "near complete", I disagree wholeheartedly and hope there is much more added. Serious room for added dots and call outs hopefully for all of the modes. I for one still think this game needs more depth related to beating the houses. I kind of hope for a Star Trek like 2-3 deep progression on each house putting mini wizard and maybe a 2nd mini wizard in for completing levels with the houses. But mainly I think each house needs way more specific callouts tied to it. Right now Martell has the Dwarf speaking with each hit, why not have more like that on each other house. Greyjoy for example has absolutely nothing other than few dots with Theon(Reek), no callouts specific to him at all. Most other houses are the same. Change up and add callouts to each multiball. I hope in the end all items get addressed but if basic rules are set then I hope tons more tweaking to existing rules and tons of callouts and dots are still added to add to the overall awesomeness!

I don't see any of this happening. I dont even agree that the transformers and iron man changes would be desirable. On acdc you're assuming these were going to be modes and were forgotten. Probably not true. And as far as I know, those inserts do light.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I kind of hope for a Star Trek like 2-3 deep progression on each house putting mini wizard and maybe a 2nd mini wizard in for completing levels with the houses.

For the love of god NO!!! Why would you want it to be just like ST. I like ST but I certainly do not need another one. I agree on the call outs, lots more are needed. The game play and rules are pretty close to done though.

#5 4 years ago

THANK YOU STERN!

#6 4 years ago

I just can't get by flash's avatar pic. Hoo-weee that's tuff to look at!

#7 4 years ago

I'm bumping this because I can't believe how little love there is. For freak's sake, Avengers got a code update in 2016!

#8 4 years ago

avengers! gives hope for every game

#9 4 years ago

I like the new Wendy's commercials. They are bringing back the old commercial.

6 months later
#10 4 years ago

Where's the code stern? Kiss incomplete - last update 5 months ago WTF! This we need to resurrect the movement.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Where's the code stern? Kiss incomplete - last update 5 months ago WTF! This we need to resurrect the movement.

If I could thumbs down this twice, I would. Only because you have already made it very clear you are not happy with other threads.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If I could thumbs down this twice, I would. Only because you have already made it very clear you are not happy with other threads.

I appreciate the bump and support Drain and move along if you're so butthurt.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I appreciate the bump and support Drain and move along if you're so butthurt.

I'm not butthurt at all. I just think there are more constructive ways to achieve your actual goal.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not butthurt at all. I just think there are more constructive ways to achieve your actual goal.

dont buy anymore new sterns if you're not happy.
gb le my last nib stern till i see some improvement. aliens le and jjp lawlor pin #3 will be my next nib.
sorry stern, my wd le was a disaster, kiss had issues right out the box and code sucks, gb le the worse qc i have ever seen!

image (resized).jpeg

#15 4 years ago
#16 4 years ago

From Stern's FB page today. To put it in context, someone was asking about the new Batman code.

Kiss update (resized).jpg

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gb le my last nib stern till i see some improvement. aliens le and jjp lawlor pin #3 will be my next nib.
sorry stern, my wd le was a disaster, kiss had issues right out the box and code sucks, gb le the worse qc i have ever seen!

I'll post this again, just in case anyone out there thinks that there's a single pinball manufacturer, providing flawless machines, 100% of the time.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/top-tier-on-tour-full-throttle-pinball-unboxing-hd.4914/

#18 4 years ago

Wow, great thread! I joined Pinside initially seeing a lot of these positive threads (or maybe I just had pinball-shaped stars in my eyes?). Love to see threads like this.

on the FB post - what's the story about Stern requiring buyers to sell their machines back to Stern? What's that referring to?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

what's the story about Stern requiring buyers to sell their machines back to Stern? What's that referring to?

http://www.batman66application.com/

For the new unseen and unpriced super duper Batman pin, you need to fill out an application and send in a video to see if you deserve to buy one. And they state that if you sell it within 18 months... they - Stern - gets dibs to buy it back.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

http://www.batman66application.com/
For the new unseen and unpriced super duper Batman pin, you need to fill out an application and send in a video to see if you deserve to buy one. And they state that if you sell it within 18 months... they - Stern - gets dibs to buy it back.

I'm sure that's legally binding. LOL.
What a joke.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I did stop. GOT was my last. So far my decision has only cost them the sale of one Pro game. So they have only lost 5k. No big deal.

I've spoken to Stern in the language that counts the most. Money. I doubt I will be noticed on their bottom line. But if others are doing the same thing, it will be seen. Sales will decline, and they will fix their quality issues... or they won't. But I'm not buying another until I know for a fact that it will be coming with a good playfield in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside