Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pmaino
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Not to bring up dead post. Ive been absent for a while and always looked forward to Robs latest post. Any idea what happened to Rob and/or Rockland Pinball? He seems to have disappeared! No facebook posts, no pinside posts, nothing. Radio silence. Although i have never purchased from Rob i had many a good conversation with him and had planned on making a trip up there one day. What happened?

He's still around, but laying low on Pinside after a bad experience with a buyer. I don't know what happened but I know he is VERY thorough with pictures and discussion of game condition on games I buy. I mean VERY thorough. Has been great about scheduling delivery and asking about parts. All I need is a
    3rdjob so I have the cash

#17 6 years ago

Just had an IJ delivered which was priced right, very good PF, game seems to work great. Can't complain. Rob was excellent about follow-up, threw in a couple extra things and had a great delivery guy named Bryon. Not sure what else they have going on - I heard Rob was running a bar in NY somewhere. Seems like they're getting by w/out Pinside. Might be a trend...

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

He was certainly far from perfect and made some mistakes but you would think he spends his days kicking puppies and strangling kittens based on some of the nonsense people post on here. In almost every case Rob tried to make whatever the issue was right and the games were typically priced the same or well below similar games for sale on pinside.

That’s been my experience. He’s good at buying low and selling at a reasonable price. Kind of important if you want to stay in business...

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Bought a Paragon from Rob in person on a long-haul trip a couple weeks back. You have to know what you're getting (I wouldn't put him in any different light than Coinop Warehouse or any other of the other operator/warehouse guys). From our conversation, I get the feeling that he's probably nearing the end of the pinball/arcade operating/resell road and focusing slowly on his bar/grill down the street. Sounds like it's doing quite well, but taking the overwhelming majority of his time. I can't even fathom trying to own/operate a restaurant/bar in that area *AND* run a full time coin-op business. You'll be dead of exhaustion in a year.

He’s open for more restores, asked me about my MB a couple of times. I would have had him do it but I already have 10k invested in this Damn game (don’t laugh) and want to do it myself

#30 6 years ago

Watch yo ass still applies. But there’s a major gap between “enormous scammer” and “reasonable business”. I have never bought a truly perfect machine from a local person or on Pinside OR Nib OR from a reseller. Best be able to fix stuff if you’re in this hobby

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-rob-at-rockland-pinball?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.