1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pmaino
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Rob, a/k/a Gwaxt72, at Rockland Pinball always had great prices on games and good LEDs for sale. I tried to send him an e-mail but am getting a notice he has deactivated his account. Anyone know what up?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jopper:

Anyone know what up?

There was a shitstorm thread that he allegedly screwed someone over on a sale...I'll try to find it.

EDIT: yes see below

#4 1 year ago

It's not rocket science folks.

This may come as a shocker but Rockland Pinball STILL EXISTS even if Rob isn't on Pinside. I know, this is hard to comprehend that there's a pinball world beyond Pinside, but it's true.

Google "Rockland pinball" and I think you'll be able to get a hold of Rob.

Good luck, godspeed, Vaya con Dios.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not rocket science folks.
    This may come as a shocker but Rockland Pinball STILL EXISTS even if Rob isn't on Pinside. I know, this is hard to comprehend that there's a pinball world beyond Pinside, but it's true.
    Google "Rockland pinball" and I think you'll be able to get a hold of Rob.
    Good luck, godspeed, Vaya con Dios.

Really??? It's not just all in the cloud???

I know that but it was easier to track his posting of games. He doesn't usually have those posted to the Rockland website. Cheers . . .

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jopper:

Really??? It's not just all in the cloud???
    I know that but it was easier to track his posting of games. He doesn't usually have those posted to the Rockland website. Cheers . . .

If you really want to keep track just check Ny/nj craigslist, they have plenty of ads.

Hint: short sentences, no periods, it's probably them.

#7 1 year ago

I just bought a getaway from Rob a couple weeks ago. While I do have a couple of complaints and raised eyebrows about the sale we made, overall I guess I am satisfied. It was a learning experience for me, thats for sure. I will say he was always available to talk whenever I needed to talk to him.

2 months later
    #8 1 year ago

Saw this CL ad a few days ago.....take it for what it is...maybe a sign of softness in the retail market for pins who knows.....NO LONGER BUYING MACHINES

newyork.craigslist.org link

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Saw this CL ad a few days ago.....take it for what it is...maybe a sign of softness in the retail market for pins who knows.....NO LONGER BUYING MACHINES
    newyork.craigslist.org link

From what I heard, they had no trouble selling. They just got a little burned out and started doing other things.

#10 1 year ago

He is in jail with cell mate bubba.....

5 months later
    #11 1 year ago

Not to bring up dead post. Ive been absent for a while and always looked forward to Robs latest post. Any idea what happened to Rob and/or Rockland Pinball? He seems to have disappeared! No facebook posts, no pinside posts, nothing. Radio silence. Although i have never purchased from Rob i had many a good conversation with him and had planned on making a trip up there one day. What happened?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Not to bring up dead post. Ive been absent for a while and always looked forward to Robs latest post. Any idea what happened to Rob and/or Rockland Pinball? He seems to have disappeared! No facebook posts, no pinside posts, nothing. Radio silence. Although i have never purchased from Rob i had many a good conversation with him and had planned on making a trip up there one day. What happened?

He's still around, but laying low on Pinside after a bad experience with a buyer. I don't know what happened but I know he is VERY thorough with pictures and discussion of game condition on games I buy. I mean VERY thorough. Has been great about scheduling delivery and asking about parts. All I need is a
    3rdjob so I have the cash

#13 1 year ago

Wow. I bet it was just the straw that broke the camels back. It still seems a bit drastic to go from posting 10-15 machines a month and adding new products to his site.... to absolute radio silence. I mean even the Facebook is dead. Everything on their site is out of stock. Kinda sad to see regardless of the situation. I always enjoyed talking to Rob and he seemed to be well liked around here.

#14 1 year ago

I purchased an arcade game from Rob a few weeks ago. He is still at Rockland pinball and had a lot going on, still selling pins and working non stop, and still a great guy to deal with.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I purchased an arcade game from Rob a few weeks ago. He is still at Rockland pinball and had a lot going on, still selling pins and working non stop, and still a great guy to deal with.

Ah, fantastic. I was worried - I wasl always planning on getting a next game from him.

#16 1 year ago

The scuttlebutt from other pinheads down in that area who compete with him or know of him say he has developed a pretty bad reputation selling pins and claiming complete teardown, full restore, etc and it's anything but.

Seems like we have another East Coast CHOGGARD who can probably challenge Barry from NJ when it comes to getting one over on people!

They've been pretty irrelevant for months now and it's become pretty obvious as to why.

The jig is up!

And gone!

#17 1 year ago

Just had an IJ delivered which was priced right, very good PF, game seems to work great. Can't complain. Rob was excellent about follow-up, threw in a couple extra things and had a great delivery guy named Bryon. Not sure what else they have going on - I heard Rob was running a bar in NY somewhere. Seems like they're getting by w/out Pinside. Might be a trend...

#18 1 year ago

Hey, I think I saw your IJ being worked on while I was picking up a RCT. Looked like they were doing some nice work. All went well with the RCT purchase. Fair price and friendly transaction.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

The scuttlebutt from other pinheads down in that area who compete with him or know of him say he has developed a pretty bad reputation selling pins and claiming complete teardown, full restore, etc and it's anything but.
    Seems like we have another East Coast CHOGGARD who can probably challenge Barry from NJ when it comes to getting one over on people!
    They've been pretty irrelevant for months now and it's become pretty obvious as to why.
    The jig is up!
    And gone!

Many of us have had good experiences with Rob. He was working on opening a bar last time I talked to him. That is a huge undertaking and takes all of your time. I'm sure he was sick of the BS much like your post and didn't find selling on pinside was a good use of his time anymore. It's a shame as he had some really good deals from time to time. To call him CHOGGARD is super lame and not even close to accurate.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Many of us have had good experiences with Rob. He was working on opening a bar last time I talked to him. That is a huge undertaking and takes all of your time. I'm sure he was sick of the BS much like your post and didn't find selling on pinside was a good use of his time anymore. It's a shame as he had some really good deals from time to time. To call him CHOGGARD is super lame and not even close to accurate.

and everyone wonders why he is laying low.....

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

No kidding

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

He was certainly far from perfect and made some mistakes but you would think he spends his days kicking puppies and strangling kittens based on some of the nonsense people post on here. In almost every case Rob tried to make whatever the issue was right and the games were typically priced the same or well below similar games for sale on pinside.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

He was certainly far from perfect and made some mistakes but you would think he spends his days kicking puppies and strangling kittens based on some of the nonsense people post on here. In almost every case Rob tried to make whatever the issue was right and the games were typically priced the same or well below similar games for sale on pinside.

That’s been my experience. He’s good at buying low and selling at a reasonable price. Kind of important if you want to stay in business...

#24 1 year ago

I have had probably 10 different deals with Rob. I always felt he was being fair and if I ever had a problem he fixed it. Passing on “scuttlebut “ you heard about versus “know about “ is pretty low.

#25 1 year ago

Bought a Paragon from Rob in person on a long-haul trip a couple weeks back. You have to know what you're getting (I wouldn't put him in any different light than Coinop Warehouse or any other of the other operator/warehouse guys). From our conversation, I get the feeling that he's probably nearing the end of the pinball/arcade operating/resell road and focusing slowly on his bar/grill down the street. Sounds like it's doing quite well, but taking the overwhelming majority of his time. I can't even fathom trying to own/operate a restaurant/bar in that area *AND* run a full time coin-op business. You'll be dead of exhaustion in a year.

#26 1 year ago

If he thinks selling pinballs is stressful. Wait until you serve someone. I never knew how much people were true assholes until i worked in a restaurant for a bit. Dont get me wrong, i wish him the best, but man does it wear on you.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Bought a Paragon from Rob in person on a long-haul trip a couple weeks back. You have to know what you're getting (I wouldn't put him in any different light than Coinop Warehouse or any other of the other operator/warehouse guys). From our conversation, I get the feeling that he's probably nearing the end of the pinball/arcade operating/resell road and focusing slowly on his bar/grill down the street. Sounds like it's doing quite well, but taking the overwhelming majority of his time. I can't even fathom trying to own/operate a restaurant/bar in that area *AND* run a full time coin-op business. You'll be dead of exhaustion in a year.

He’s open for more restores, asked me about my MB a couple of times. I would have had him do it but I already have 10k invested in this Damn game (don’t laugh) and want to do it myself

#28 1 year ago

Not an honest guy.

Just looking to make a quick buck.

BEWARE

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

Not an honest guy.
    BEWARE

I don't know Rob, but that about sums up most of the people in the "business". You need to be careful.

I only buy HUO from individuals.

#30 1 year ago

Watch yo ass still applies. But there’s a major gap between “enormous scammer” and “reasonable business”. I have never bought a truly perfect machine from a local person or on Pinside OR Nib OR from a reseller. Best be able to fix stuff if you’re in this hobby

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

Not an honest guy.
    BEWARE

Holy smokes, that's pretty rough, especially on Christmas Eve. I thought his rep on Pinside was pretty solid.

#32 1 year ago

Rob is a good guy, and good seller, and not having him here has been less thrilling, as he always had very reasonably priced games and a constant revolving stock.
    He was more or less burned out by a trend of people that pick apart every little detail about a game, and want large sums of money back to compensate the pin to their liking.
    He didn't screw anyone, if anything, he was the one getting screwed.

#33 1 year ago

I bought a few games off Rob, and he got some games off me. I always felt he was honest and a man of his word. He's always going in 20 different directions and I can see where something might get overlooked but I don't think he would intentionally screw someone. I can think a few times HE got screwed. I'm sorry to hear not everyone had the same kind of experience as me.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Rob is a good guy, and good seller, and not having him here has been less thrilling, as he always had very reasonably priced games and a constant revolving stock.
    He was more or less burned out by a trend of people that pick apart every little detail about a game, and want large sums of money back to compensate the pin to their liking.
    He didn't screw anyone, if anything, he was the one getting screwed.

...and I should have read the last post and just gave a thumbs up

#35 1 year ago

I have bought and sold with Rob for about 5 years and he is a great dude who has always taken great care of me. Even when things may have been overlooked such as on my Dirty Harry, he threw in a set of brand new legs without me even bitchin' about any thing because that is who he is - just a stand up guy. When I deployed to the Middle East he offered to come get my games and put them in his climate controlled storage till I got back. I didn't need to because my wife stayed back with them in our home but that is the kind of guy he is.
    The dude is like a hummingbird with a shit load going on and the few folks who feel they got "burned" because not everything was disclosed need to understand that they are not the center of gravity for him.
    Great dude, honest dude, and sucks not seeing him on Pinside anymore.

#36 1 year ago

He’s on pinside now selling games as baller89 or something. He’s around and never left. He’s buying. He’s selling. If you are looking for something reach out.

Their games have always been fair deals, but usually quickee shop outs or flips. These are FINE for your average hobbyist or show sale but probably not so great when they decided to move into full-on Retail which is where their problems started. The general public is looking for Games that are 100 percent not borderline projects and that’s what you usually get from them. I’ve bought many games from Rockland but it’s been a while. These days I’d rather buy a game at a higher price and a thorough and accurate description than play bargain roulette.

The best thing to do is visit them in nanuet and give the games a once over yourself.
    It’s pretty clear you get what you pay for from them and at their pinside prices you shouldnt expect perfection.

#37 1 year ago

I got a LOTR from Rob a couple of years ago. Exactly as described at a great price and he worked with me to make the transaction easy and was super helpful. A stand up guy in my experience.

#38 1 year ago

I have bought/sold/traded a number of games with Rob. He is a stand up guy and pins are usually 99% as described. If he ever missed something he would always make it right.

Buy with confidence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5.00
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside