(Topic ID: 48440)

Wheres a good place to buy pins in Canada?

By Jeekayjay

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Im in edmonton and would love to be able to go and actually look at a nice selection..

Aside from that Id also like to know of a company who is here in Canada and does a lot of pipnball business.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Good luck there, Pinball in Edmonton is rare and the few sellers in the region are expensive and the machines are junk.

#3 11 years ago

What games are you looking for? Shipping from Ontario to there I heard is around $200-250 (terminal to terminal).

#4 11 years ago

My two cents... Buy from private collectors - even if they are located out of province. Pins will be in way better shape and you won't have to pay tax or the retail mark-up.

#5 11 years ago

I'd you are interested, pm me. I will have a fair amount of games I am looking to sell just to change up our selection. Can't say they will be steals, but I will treat you right. Just a short beautiful drive from Edmonton to BC!

#6 11 years ago

there is tps red deer, but they aren't cheap, and I don't know what the quality is like. Otherwise kijiji is your only friend.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Otherwise kijiji is your only friend.

With friends like this who needs enemies

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-Bad-Girls-Pinball-Machine-Gottlieb-1988-classic-arcade-machines-W0QQAdIdZ470071977

Let me know what games you are looking for as I got a pretty good idea of what's for sale or going to be here in the Toronto market as locals have dubbed me the enabler I've helped 25 pin deals happen so far this year and over 60 last year.

#8 11 years ago

Whats TPS stand for?

#9 11 years ago

I've worked on a few pins that originally came from Bob in Red Deer (The Pinball Supplier). I'll just say, take every precaution and fully inspect anything before paying those inflated prices. I've run across incorrect size legs installed, incorrect ball launch buttons, broken & incorrect playfield plastics, failing DMDs, hot glue used for repairs, metal washers used to hold pieces together, very shoddy PCB repair, severe playfield wear, etc, etc.

In short, most of his stuff is in rough shape and not much of anything is done before slapping a price and ad on Kijiji. That being said he's a friendly guy and gets a lot of pins, just not in the business of cleaning, repairing or restoring.

#10 11 years ago

TPS Bob is a nice guy, his pins and prices... not so nice.

#11 11 years ago

i haven't bought from tps as its an 8 hr drive, and i wouldn't buy without seeing his stuff. maybe worth a trip from edm , but the prices always make me go hmmmm.

#12 11 years ago

John's Jukes in Vancouver is a good place to buy Pins and get parts...

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

I've worked on a few pins that originally came from Bob in Red Deer (The Pinball Supplier). I'll just say, take every precaution and fully inspect anything before paying those inflated prices. I've run across incorrect size legs installed, incorrect ball launch buttons, broken & incorrect playfield plastics, failing DMDs, hot glue used for repairs, metal washers used to hold pieces together, very shoddy PCB repair, severe playfield wear, etc, etc.
    In short, most of his stuff is in rough shape and not much of anything is done before slapping a price and ad on Kijiji. That being said he's a friendly guy and gets a lot of pins, just not in the business of cleaning, repairing or restoring.

Couldn't have described it better myself.

3 weeks later
    #14 10 years ago

If you decide to purchase a pin from outside of edmonton like I did avoid Sameday courier company. They are the biggest joke of a company to get stuff shipped through. They are great when arranging a pick up but if anything happens(which was the case for me) you can not get through to customer service. They have no one returning emails, phone calls, voice mails or anything in between. When i finally did get my pin from the depot here last week the guys in the warehouse laughed at how bad their customer service department is as it does not exist.

#15 10 years ago

The Playdium Store from Starburst have a lot !

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

The Playdium Store from Starburst have a lot !

not the best prices but nice selection.

#17 10 years ago

Yeah shitty prices for sure plus shipping plus 12% tax

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-a-good-place-to-buy-pins-in-canada and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.