(Topic ID: 244114)

Where you at with physical media? (CDs, DVDs, Records)

By Rascal_H

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Where you at with physical media? (CDs, DVDs, Records)”

• I don’t collect any physical media. 9 votes
    12%
  • Still collect physical media 39 votes
    52%
  • Still have all my physical media but stream my entertainment mostly 27 votes
    36%

(75 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36F87285-097E-4E12-BBD8-240C6624B4B7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Three60in.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

I have a record store and make a living off selling cds, dvds, vinyl, stereo equipment, books. I have this battle in my head daily.

As far i can tell physical media is here to stay. Books went digital now book sales are re bounding, ipods came around now vinyl is back. Now we are going through the movie streaming thing. We will see but the pattern shows that for convience people will stick with streaming. But real collectos will keep on going.

I think much of this digital vs analog battle equates to pinball as well. We live such digital lives that for us to be social, step away from the screen and share genuine human interaction weather thats playing in a pinball tournament or going to your buddies and spinning records. That is whats going to keep physical media alive.

I will say my cd and dvd sales are trending up. Vinyl is crazy and remains steady. Books are making the biggest return though. I would have never believed it. But my numbers say otherwise.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have this internal battle going on. I love physical media, but I hate clutter. I sold off all DVDs years ago but I just bought the complete set of Twilight Zone on VHS. Effing VHS tapes! I don’t own any compact discs but have a ton of vinyl. I can’t explain it.
Do you still have large physical media collections or do you get everything from the cloud?[quoted image]

Rascalh.

We refurbish and sell vcrs with new belts and realign them and sell them all the time for $100. Vcr/dvd combos sell for $150-$200!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Three60in.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-you-at-with-physical-media-cds-dvds-records?tu=Three60in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.