(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm not thinking ten years out yet. In a little over six years ( 2,211 days to be exact ) I'll have my 50th Anniversary Party. The Golden Goose.
    After that I'll think about the four years after.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I'll still be helping people with their pins.

I hope to attend this!

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

A lot of doom and gloom in this thread.
    I for one can't wait to load a $500 Medieval Madness into my flying car.

I am just going to teleport my games home

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a stupid question after reading here.
    I dont play in tournaments, so I hope its not too dumb.
    When we have casual tournaments around here among friends, they give out a trophy that gets passed around.
    When there are the big tournaments, its points towards tournaments with entry fees and cash prizes.
    because state laws vary, and overseas Im clueless, are weekly tournaments in barcades held open to the public with a nightly cash prize? Or does this push it too far?

I thought that games of skill could have tournaments. So since pinball was proven in court to be a game of skill I thought it was perfectly legal. I know lots of pool halls run tournaments with cash prizes so I would think this would be the same thing? Stern even had or has not sure if they still sale it a tournament add on to games with the winner receiving cash prizes. Really curious about this.

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This one certainly wasn't a $500 and under game. But with what I did pay I may be married to it for a while. That's OK because they do not make them like this any more.

That backglass looks so cool. Never played the game but would really like too...looks fun.

#293 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sticky:

If you're telling me technological innovation at Stern isn't stagnant then you're not paying attention what they release.
    How does nobody care when I'm tellin you right now I care and there are manufacturers producing technologically advanced tables such as Heighway, Dutch Pinball, and Multimorphic? Do you just live in your own little pinball bubble?
    Did you like pinball better when it didn't have flippers?
    A better question is why anyone should read the opinion of someone who talks about his sister's minivan .

You seem to be bringing up his sister's minivan a lot...guess I shouldn't listen to your opinion. LOL just kidding around

#395 7 years ago

A good pinball is a good pinball with or without a license.

#415 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

The only thing that will kill old game value is remakes.

Time will kill the old value I believe. I know the older em novelty game prices have sure softened from a pretty well known collector friend of mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.