(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cargument!!!
    Cars aren't pinball machines. Apples and oranges.

Why is it that every time someone draws a parallel to cars, they get beat down? There are differences yes, but there are also very similar trends in play here.

I hosted a 16 year golf team party at my house on Friday. Was very interesting to watch these kids. They walked in the basement and ran to the pinball machines. I have a MM, WoZ, and CV. Within 30 minutes only the WoZ was being played. Within 60 minutes, they were all on the XBox.

Gen Y & Z are very social in nature. They were around the Xbox, but checking their phones every five minutes. Even though they text with each other 90% of the time.

I would say pinball prices may hold for the next decade, but will drop fast once the boomers pull back. X'rs can't sustain it. Y's and Z's don't know how to turn a screw driver.

Look what happened to Juke Boxes. They were destroyed by other entertainment technology and frankly they broke all of the time. Sound familiar?

I love pinball like the rest of you guys, but its days are numbered. At least the older pins for sure. If companies like JJP can reinvent the pinball and keep the innovation engine going, maybe you can buy another decade. Time will tell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.