(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not barbed wire?
    People actually collect barbed wire. And somewhere, some idiot in the dark nether regions of the internet is trying to say collecting barbed wire and collecting cars are basically the same thing.

This made me laugh as I actually have a small collection of barbed wire. I walk a lot of property lines in the woods and it's kind of interesting to see the different types. I only collect the real unusual stuff. It's similar to collecting cars in that both items have different manufacturers and they are both made of metal. You also usually find cars and barbed wire rusty. Also, both seem to....

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from KerryImming:

Hey... there's a pinball machine named "Barb Wire" and pinball machines about cars. So, collecting barbed wire must be just like collecting cars.

I had a Barb Wire pinball for a little while, I brought it home in a car too...so there's that. Also, a lot of car lots are surrounded by barbed wire....

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this brings me back to why arent there payout pins in Vegas?
    Who cares if a few games make or lose money, wouldnt it bring crowds?

I've wondered this myself. I assume it has something to do with pinballs always needing some form of attention. It's one thing to have a sticky switch giving you free points towards a high score or free game but you change points to money and its a whole different concern. Also, how do you deal with an angry customer who gets a stuck ball or hits a switch that doesn't register or has a two flipper reset just as they are about to hit a payout of some sort. Seems to me that pinball is too mechanical to be a reliable device to gamble money on.

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I agree in some ways, but the "unreliability" issue would be valid for any commercial application.

True. I was thinking more as is with currently released machines. I'm sure if pins became more of a gambling device manufacturers could beef up systems and such and make things even more reliable. Plus when payout money is on the line operators will be more motivated to keep a machine in good working order.

I think it's a great idea and I would love to be able to win some money playing pinball on location. Or perhaps get some kind of redemption payout. Maybe have the backbox be a sort of prize hub payout machine that dispenses an Ipod or some other high dollar prize for achieving Grand Champ. What a motivator to play to see the reward staring you in the face from behind the backglass! Kids would certainly be interested in playing pinball if it gave you a prize like a Stacker or Key game.

1 week later
    #388 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

A Hollywood director once complimented my nipples but you don't see me going around bragging about it.

I think you just did. Now I want to see em!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=gotpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.