(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 7 years ago

Yip pinball is going to die with this generation. So when the men die there is going to be widows out there with a room of dusty old pinball machine's like Spider-Man ve and kiss le, just waiting for some knock off garage gold youtube show dragging them off for wood recycling because land fills will be illegal or even better someone will repurpose it as a shelf or trunk to store their collection of old apple products and dolls. At worst it will be used for firewood.

Or maybe even worst worst it's in a Museum with a sign saying "please don't touch the pinball machine".

Of course you can watch how to make a shelf on youtube though nobody will be bothered everybody has forgotten how to use hand tools.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ten years from now we can build a wall in front of our houses with all this scrap wood, and trade the copper for food and water.

But not the mm and cactus canyons they will be in mint condition with the rich 1% they also have the water and food.

Yes agreed its a bit dark pinball will still be around 10 years time people will get bored playing VR pinball with themselves and will head out to discover real pinball machines and beer.

Some may even get laid.

#125 7 years ago

Why repair just buy a new one.

Rusty balls time for another machine.

#171 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Two posts in a day John!! That's a new record!!
    On the subject, I have a pinball website here in NZ. I get emails every week from people wanting to enter the hobby. I'm perso'mnally to blame for doubling the hobby in NZ over the last 5-6 years.
    I think the pinball hobby will be around forever, in one form or another. Just as it has been for the last 25 years I've had machines.
    If there are no new machines being made, there are 10,000s of used ones (worldwide) to share around.
    rd

Yes rotordave has greatly increased the amount of pins in nz and lifted the presence. we see more and more turning up to comps and meets year after year and in theory the future for pinball will be rosie. Great work rd.

Unfortunately in 10 years if the rich don't stop buying all the houses in nz raising the price to unobtainum levels pinball machines will be used as emergency housing.

Throw a tarpaulin over it call it a house.

+1 for Bob Seger

#174 7 years ago

I tend to agree with the above statement.

Pins are too expensive and big units for the youth to get into the hobby nowadays and VR will be a poor substitute.

#175 7 years ago

Pinball arcade has gone great things for pinball. I'm sure they will have a VR mode very shortly.

#180 7 years ago

Some of those older pin-houses are built better than the new ones.

Well you wouldn't want a TWD house.

#183 7 years ago

I think a pinball machine would make a better house than a car just my 2cents.

#186 7 years ago

I think pinballs are already art items just like classic cars. I just wonder if there's still people out there that liken them to slot machines or some other waste of time and money hobby.

Within the 10 years I would like to see more non licensed themed pins made.

1 week later
    #392 7 years ago

Unlicensed themes, ss type games, retro single level pins these are good projects for for startup and garage pin makers, new designers given it a go. No expensive license to chase.

Hopefully we see more from these makers and if there's a need for more to be manufactured that a larger company can help with production.

People new to pinball and I mean in the last 4 years like licensed themes to get them to buy machines. I feel they have not been in pinball long enough to understand game play etc... not that they can't play pinball its more that they haven't played older games and appreciate the rules of the game and that sometimes theme is secondry.

My question? On location can an old pin say a nice fathom compete with a newer themed pin say twd.

I think not.

#401 7 years ago

Ten years from now will be more of the same. we will have more license themed pins with lcd to please the hoard and maybe wifi for code up date but not really necessary.

Bally/williams pins will drop in price as newer better games come out.

#410 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sticky:

If nobody gives a shit about comparing scores online why does pinside allow you to upload scores?

The only score that matters is the score on that machine. Its not pinball arcade where everybody is playing the same game. Pins vary hugely from pin to pin.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Those games will always be fun, always have the best features and toys

While I agree with you on design, why would I spent $7000nz on an Adams that will need a new pf? when for a couple grand more I can get a GB. Same goes for MM cool game. price point rather get twd pro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=fugus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.