(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radagast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL
    People have been saying this for almost TWENTY YEARS. All of the pinball fans are supposed to be dead or senile now, and games are supposed to be plentiful and cheap because nobody cares anymore. You know, "just like jukeboxes."
    Meanwhile there's a whole new generation of affluent young dads looking for a hobby to distract them from the daily misery of life, and they've stepped up and are buying insanely expensive games for their homes. What makes you think a new generation won't step up in the coming years?
    I buy and sell a shit-ton of games, and I can tell you that the MAJORITY of people I deal with these days aren't baby boomers, they are in their 30s and 40s - the same supposed "Gen Xers" who are gonna be the death of the hobby.
    Pinball is too cool to die, it continues to flourish, and the MIllenials will step up when it's their turn.

I agree totally with Levi here. I'm 34 and loved games all my life. I started with magic:the gathering as a teenager and turned to lots of strategy board games in my twenties. I fell in love with pinball in college playing Monster Bash, AFM, LOTR, and MM in my college game room and dreamed of maybe one day owning a single machine. Now I make some good money and I've bought my first four machines, all modern Sterns, in the last 18 months. I have a number of buds who discovered pinball through my machines and we've started taking day trips to Modern Pinball, Pinball Wizard, Sunshine Laundromat, etc. Wouldn't be at all surprised if one or more of them gets their own machine(s) someday. Pinball is awesome but expensive, and each subsequent generation will continue to buy in as they are able, as long as great games are still being made.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radagast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=Radagast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.