(Topic ID: 167624)

Where will the pinball hobby be in 10 years?

By Rondogg

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF6D07F9-0BA0-401D-B530-D9CC73FF37F8 (resized).jpeg
    281011E9-CDCF-47CF-85BA-8A2F470E1315 (resized).jpeg
    CEEC55F4-682D-4BCE-BFF0-30184EECF1D6 (resized).jpeg
    1a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg
    williams pinball sales (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Monkey (resized).jpg
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    image-21 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nikonokin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 7 years ago

At 33 years old I played pinball for the 1st time. Now at 35, I own 7. I don't have any plans to buy more, but if someone made a Quentin Tarantino pin, or some dream theme...we'll see... That's why I bought Lebowski...you never know... When friends come over they get so excited, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them buys one someday. We all know the feeling of people playing your pins...so good. Your average person might not like an arcade theme, but your mom and aunts will play a game of pinball. They've all asked "how much"...of course. It's one of those hobbies that apparently begs the question. They are rich persons toys for some (probably why I never played as a kid), for others immersive escapes from reality. I loved the game mouse trap as a kid...as an adult, this is about as close as it gets. They aren't just games either, but modern pop culture sculptures rooted in the technology available at that time,making them even more rich when themed appropriately. If amazing pins are created, the future is bright.

#288 7 years ago

...and people have been saying "dead" on every issue for so long... Things change. Poor kids start their own companies out of survival, some do well, have new opportunities...and discover hobbies they never considered.

I understand the negative sentiment. But we're surrounded by it everywhere, every day. That's capitalism....not going anywhere. But, when somebody who never contributed a nickel falls in love and becomes a fan and supporter, and adds another inch of support to the industry....for another 30+ years...I'm not the only one...

My girlfriend and I play, she loves the new GB...in fact she's Grand Champion. We like to do lots together, but you all know how pinball creates common ground for hang sessions in a really special way. It's a conduit. And it's all good.

PINBALL GOING NOWHERE SOON.... Just cause everyone can't make a nickel off locations doesn't mean it's over...

#289 7 years ago

LAST POST....something about hitting the ball, and watching it ride the ramp, ride the smooth rails, pivot, rely on engineering. Ball hit's that, that lights up, that flies here, alarm, alert, award, react...you get the point... There's something really special about seeing all the thoughtful engineering right in front of you, working together, rythym....maestro. Pinball has a magic to it, not easily recreated. LOVE IT.

K, will shut up for a year. Hope all enjoy, such a fun way to spend an afternoon...I'm heading downstairs right now to play the wild ball flying GBLE and gonna love every second of it....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nikonokin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-will-the-pinball-hobby-be-in-10-years?tu=Nikonokin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.