• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinMap.png
#1 8 years ago

Hello,

I've been an avid pinball player for a few years at my local arcades, but recently I've been thinking about getting into the world of owing my own pinball machine. Because I live in a small community there are not many arcades, but I have found two places locally where I can play. Normally when I play I spend the majority of my time on either a Stern Spider-man or Lord of the Rings machine or a Gottlieb Cue ball Wizard machine. In the past as well a friend owned a Gottlieb Cactus Jack's machine, which I enjoyed playing until he sold it. Though I have spent many hours playing pinball in the arcade I think I would enjoying taking the leap into owning and working on my own machine. As someone who has experience in wiring and like to learn new things what should be my first step into owning my own machine and becoming part of the pinball community?

Thank you and Sincerely, Blakllll

#2 8 years ago

Where are you located? I think finding a couple collectors around you is extremely useful.

Then try to buy something without getting emotionally attached so you don't over pay. Starting with something that works would be ideal - don't worry, plenty of things will break, but starting with something that functions lets you learn how it is supposed to work which is half the battle.

#3 8 years ago

I live in Alabama, but I have a truck and a trailer so transportation isn't to much of an issue.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Blakllll:

I live in Alabama, but I have a truck and a trailer so transportation isn't to much of an issue.

There are pinsiders in Alabama - travelling to get a pin is risky, especially if you are new. The point of finding local people is to get an education.

#5 8 years ago

My only problem is not living in a large community, just a little over 5,000. I also do not know where or how to find other pinsiders locally, or at least semi-locally.

#6 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/pinsiders

If you can't, you can't, so just read and watch you tube and try to think about what you want, then keep watching the market for it.

A couple friends:

www.ipdb.org
www.pinwiki.com
www.pinballprice.com

#7 8 years ago

PinMap.pngPinMap.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 25.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.