4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I've looked all over my area for locations to put pins. I'm not thinking I'll make a ton, but some of better than none. The bars here won't, student Union are a no go. And I don't want to put them in dispensary's

#2 4 years ago

There’s a coffee shop in Minneapolis that has a basement with 10 pins or so. It seems to do reasonably well.

#3 4 years ago

Just throwing this out there, but not knowing your living situation have you ever considered/tried running ads on Facebook and / or craigslist and setting appointments up or open your gameroom up a couple nights a week and charge admission? Hell, theres some games that just dont exist out in the wild and if I saw a private collector offering I'd know the game was maintained and would be able to likely hear the pin and become more acquainted. The bigger bonus is you dont have to lug anything around and you're able to monitor how they're being treated. And it costs you nothing! (Maybe offer refreshments though?)

#4 4 years ago

I don't want a bunch of people at my house. And I'm 100% my wife doesn't either

#5 4 years ago

It might be tough to find a spot. Any great bar or location, if they already have games, won't want the competition. So you'd have to offer all the equipment besides pins to be in the running.

This leaves you with seasonal locations, or not great places like laundromats.

So unless you have a friend or something with a great location. You might want to rethink this.

Quoted from Beaumistim:

I'm not thinking I'll make a ton,

You won't have to worry about that. After insurance, licenses, and split with location.

LTG : )

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You won't have to worry about that. After insurance, licenses, and split with location.

Don't forget routine maintenance costs, break downs, and coin mech jams

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Don't forget routine maintenance costs, break downs, and coin mech jams

I didn't want to scare the guy.

If I did I would have added plan on being on call 24/7. Be an operator or not. There isn't really an in between.

Just sitting down to dinner with family and phone rings - "fix your fucking game or it will be out in the street", forget food and really make the wife happy, get your butt in gear. Sound asleep in bed and phone rings, who knew burglars and fires don't keep the same hours as you. Go see what is left of your stuff.

Or go to collect and the game is gone. Don't worry. No one knows where it went.

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago

Pizza joints, tattoo parlors and head shops.

#9 4 years ago

Without getting into all the logistics and costs associated with routing (LTG and TreyBo69 have already listed most), maybe post on your local Craigslist or newspaper stating that you're looking to put XX number of machines into a bar or restaurant and see if someone reaches out. You never know.

#10 4 years ago

I’ve got some pins at a local brewery. At first, they didn’t want anything. A year later they email me back asking if I can still put some games at their location. I would say that it doesn’t hurt to ask. All they can say is no, and you never know if they will change their mind like they did with me. Ask around- bowling alley, skate rink, coffee shops etc. Go for it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-put-pins-on-location?hl=beaumistim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.