Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wxforecaster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm getting excited about my day off in Pittsburgh and planning to play pinball as much of the day that I can. Trying to decide if I rent a car or just cab it around that day. We are staying at the Renaissance Pittsburgh downtown.

Looks like Bradish is open 7:00PM-2:00AM that day.

In looking at the pinball map it seems there is pinball everywhere. Here are the spaces with the most machines on location.

Kickback Pinball Cafe
Pinball Perfection
Bradish Street Pinball Parlor
ACE'S BREAK WAY & PLAY

Opinions on locations, and best strategy for the day?

chris

#2 4 years ago

Avoid ace's unless you really want to play woz. Stick to kickback and bradish

#3 4 years ago

Bradish Street Pinball Parlor changed their availability. It's now a club 24 hrs where you have to have the pin code to enter.

Pinball Perfection is only available on Friday night (7-10p) and Saturday afternoon (12-5p). I assume you are coming on a weekday.

I would probably do Kickback Pinball Café in Lawrenceville.... also I guess Hambones nearly across the street on Butler St. has a pinball lounge now with some decent games.

Ace's is nice... it's near where I work, but the game selection is small and older games aren't maintained so well. It has Family Guy, Batman Stern, World Cup, Star Trek Stern, Metallica, Sopranos, WOZ, and AFM.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Bradish Street Pinball Parlor changed their availability. It's now a club 24 hrs where you have to have the pin code to enter.
Pinball Perfection is only available on Friday night (7-10p) and Saturday afternoon (12-5p). I assume you are coming on a weekday.
I would probably do Kickback Pinball Café in Lawrenceville.... also I guess Hambones nearly across the street on Butler St. has a pinball lounge now with some decent games.
Ace's is nice... it's near where I work, but the game selection is small and older games aren't maintained so well. It has Family Guy, Batman Stern, World Cup, Star Trek Stern, Metallica, Sopranos, WOZ, and AFM.

Thanks.

June 14th which is a Saturday.

chris

#5 4 years ago

Sat... I would do lunch then (12-5p) at Pinball Perfection. I think you could bring lunch and byob there. They have an eating area and tables. $10 for free play all day.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pindan/museum.htm

If you aren't tired by then - go to Lawrenceville for Kickback/Hambones. Do dinner somewhere in the area... Nieds, Picola Forna, Tamari, Round Corner Cantina...

#6 4 years ago

Fridays and Saturdays are still 7p - 2a at Bradish. Only Sunday-Thursday is 24 hours.

Check the website for more details and the schedule. www.pinbash.com

#7 4 years ago

Pinball Perfection is absolutely bonkers. It's as bonkers as the website might suggest. Couple hundred machines, in varying states of repair - it's slapdash, it's ramshackle, and it's absolutely glorious. Highly recommended.

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

Well the day is done and I had a blast playing pinball in Pittsburgh.

I made it to Kickback Cafe and Bradish Street.

I was disappointed a bit with kickback. About 1/2 the machines were turned off with "out of order" signs on them. Mustang, TZ, Spider-Man, TOM, Addams Family and IJ all played great. Actually WOZ played n very strong but the lower 1/2 of the GI wasn't working. Got a chance to play Dirty Harry for the first time and although the upper flipper was broken I really like the games potential. Whitewater was working great until 2 balls ended up in the VUK and the coil couldn't kick them out.

Bradish was great. Chris is a great dude. I ended up playing for a couple of hours. All the machines were playable and in really nice shape. It was great to play HH and globe trotters for the first time. I recommend stopping by to play some games or to just hang and talk pinball.

Thanks again to both places for having machines in the wild to be played by all.

Chris

2 months later
#9 4 years ago

I really liked Ace's Break Away and Play but I can see where parking/traffic could be an issue on weekdays, go Sunday's is best. REALLY good deal, most games are 5 balls and settings seem to be liberal. All machines were working and clean, modern. The attendant was very friendly and wanted to know more about Pinside, hope to see you post here soon. We can get a mini tournament there sometime. pete
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/aces-break-away-play-5894-pittsburgh-pa-united-states

#10 4 years ago

Ace's machines clean? Those are some of the dirtiest I've found.... lol. Especially AFM. However I work on Smithfield (same street), so it's a pretty good deal for me. I usually go for the Star Trek... then hit Madonna's across the street for lunch.

#11 4 years ago

Last time I went, they had switched out Sopranos for Wheel of Fortune....

#12 4 years ago

Granted, the machines were recently cleaned when I went. Pittsburgh area's idea of clean is a high standard, you people are the best. Most USA rural folks deal with half working, dirt ridd'n pins with no scoreboard.

Pittsburgh is pinball paradise. Kickback and Braddish included.

1 year later
#13 3 years ago

So I am heading to Pittsburgh next week. Any updates on where best to play for a few hours on a Thursday eve?

1 year later
#15 2 years ago

Looking to play The Hobbit - any place in Pgh have one? Kickback?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking to play The Hobbit - any place in Pgh have one? Kickback?

Yes, Kickback has one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 229.99
$ 159.99
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warren, MI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 30.00
$ 25.50
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside