(Topic ID: 3369)

Where to play pinball? Pinside needs your info!

By robin

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wtp2.jpg
    castlescoasters1.jpg
    castles11.jpg
    Screen_shot_2011-04-28_at_12.25.28_.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider laughingotter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Do you have a common data import feature of some kind? I've got more than 1100 machines indexed on my Pinball Maps application. Yes, I use IPDB index numbers, that should make things easier already.

#33 12 years ago

Robin: Can you run a PHP script? I've a feeling it's gonna take that in order to incorporate my list. The INSERT INTO locations statement would go first, then a line for the mysql_insert_row statement to fetch the new location ID number before we loop through the IPDB numbers for that location's machines.
    I apparently have a little work to do to get Canadian addresses in there as it's not picking up the postal code.

#41 12 years ago

New York DOES have pinball! So does New Jersey. It's all in my Maps. I'll send the data to Robin, but for now:

http://www.laughingotter.com/pinball/maps/pinballMap-NYCPinballLeague.html

will have to do.

1 week later
    #53 12 years ago

Hmm. Hey, Robin, what do you think about actually composing an XML format just for map locations and games? IPDB numbers for best compatibility with everything else, of course...

Oh, and I should have another couple of hundred locations in Cascadia and elsewhere in the next week or so...

#55 12 years ago

XML isn't all that hard to get, really. If you know strict HTML structure you're almost there! I'll try to come up with an extended tagset based on what you've sent me and we should be good to go!

And it's a good database you've sent over, too! Just have to do a little bit of picking here and there and some blanks to fill in, but it's all going up on the Maps just the same!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider laughingotter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-pinball-pinside-needs-your-info?tu=laughingotter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.