New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 3369)

Where to play pinball? Pinside needs your info!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by captainadam_21
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wtp2.jpg
    castlescoasters1.jpg
    castles11.jpg
    Screen_shot_2011-04-28_at_12.25.28_.png

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Great to see the map growing and more locations added each day! Thanks for all additions so far. It's been a bit of a bumpy first week of the new locations feature but with some tweaking it's getting better every day! Today, I have added some more enhancements: the geocoder has been tweaked and should now recognise much more locations. I have also improved the owners/wishlisters page (in the archive), especially the map view and icons. I'm quite happy with the results, hope you'all like them too!

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

hope you'all like them too!

Very much so. Thanks for all the hard work!

#53 9 years ago

Hmm. Hey, Robin, what do you think about actually composing an XML format just for map locations and games? IPDB numbers for best compatibility with everything else, of course...

Oh, and I should have another couple of hundred locations in Cascadia and elsewhere in the next week or so...

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Hmm. Hey, Robin, what do you think about actually composing an XML format just for map locations and games? IPDB numbers for best compatibility with everything else, of course...

Ouch. XML is not my strongpoint - I tried fabricating something directly from the database and sent it to your e-mail.

#55 9 years ago

XML isn't all that hard to get, really. If you know strict HTML structure you're almost there! I'll try to come up with an extended tagset based on what you've sent me and we should be good to go!

And it's a good database you've sent over, too! Just have to do a little bit of picking here and there and some blanks to fill in, but it's all going up on the Maps just the same!

3 months later
    #56 9 years ago

Hi, this is the best pinball locator I came across on the web. I added some locations in Switzerland and Europe. However, there seems to be a problem with foreign language special characters such as german umlaute (ä,ö,ü) or french (é,è,...). Generally, the locations containing such characters wont being shown on the map and it is no longer possible to edit them (although it seems that they are in the database).
    Also, if a location is not recognized by the system and thus is not shown on the map, it is not possible to edit it. (or is there a workaround)?

Keep up the good work and building up the database!

#57 9 years ago

Confirmed. I will see if I can fix this issue this week! Thanks for notifying me about it!

#58 9 years ago

Great! Thank you and good luck!

#59 9 years ago

I just added some places in the Akron/Cleveland area so it doesn't look like such a pinball wasteland. It was an easy, painless process.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.95
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.49
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    £ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Professor Pinball
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.49
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside