6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Rody
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpg
    Emporium_Image_13.jpg
    Emporium_Image_11.jpg
    Emporium_Image_12.jpg
    pindolly_003.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

where should I plan on playing pinball in Phoenix? I'm staying at the JW Marriott desert ridge. any tips would be appreciated.
    Ed

#2 6 years ago

The 69 Pin Emporium is usually open......

Stu
    CPR Art Director
    Scottsdale, AZ

#3 6 years ago

Castles and Coasters has an awesome arcade full of pins and classic vids. (and great minigolf too)

#4 6 years ago

69 Pin Emporium? Tell me more...

Castles N Coaster has about 14 pinballs and they seemed to all be in decent shape last time I was there (early January). Its also not that far from Desert Ridge. If I remember correctly current lineup is:

Getaway
    Indiana Jones Williams
    WhoDunit?
    CFTBL
    Addams Family
    Revenge from Mars
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Dark Knight
    Family Guy
    Spider Man
    Simpsons Pinball Party
    Elvis
    POTC
    Iron Man

Might be some more I forgot but decent lineup.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from dcerny:

Castles and Coasters has an awesome arcade full of pins and classic vids.

Indeed! Was there in November. Went during the day and they had a 3 hour unlimited play on anything for only 10 bucks. Fantastic deal and everything worked fine. Worth you time for sure.

#6 6 years ago

I'm down the street from you in Aviano Desert Ridge. You could walk--it's about a mile. 602/677-7611.

#7 6 years ago

And I'm 3 and 1/2 half minutes from pin lawyer. His setup is better than castles and coasters

#8 6 years ago

I want in. Just played and teared up Indy 500 last night at local bar. Go to pin map which I have updated on games I come across or more details of games I updated on pinballrebel.com Of course if you get an invite to Stu's who is a great guy you will be shocked with excitement. Also the lawyer who I hope to see someday is a blast as well. Appears you got both invites so consider yourself lucky.

#9 6 years ago

I want in. Just played and teared up Indy 500 last night at local bar. Go to pin map which I have updated on games I come across or more details of games I updated on www.pinballrebel.com Of course if you get an invite to Stu's who is a great guy you will be shocked with excitement. Also the lawyer who I hope to see someday is a blast as well. Appears you got both invites so consider yourself lucky. I just got my first pin TFTC but love playing all the games especially in the wild or when I get an invite to play some of these special collections. FYI other AZ pinsiders please update both of those sites for games you find in the wild to keep pinball alive.

image.jpg

#10 6 years ago

I'm in Phoenix for a hockey tourney. Will check out castles and coasters tomorrow and report back. Pinlawyer, I wouldn't want to impose, but ....

#11 6 years ago

I'm home. No imposition. In fact, a HEP NF is coming in tomorrow afternoon

#12 6 years ago

pin lawyer & Arizona buck. I'd love to see your game rooms. Thursday evening won't work and Wednesday is only a bit better. Monday and Friday evenings are wide open (I arrive mid day Monday) and Tuesday might work. I'll be walking (or cabbing it) so I would be more than willing to see anyone else that wants to show off their collection.
    Ed

#13 6 years ago

I'm home. No imposition. In fact, a HEP NF is coming in tomorrow afternoon

Here it is, I have moved it up the stairs into the heated shop and will be loading it up in the AM.
    See you after 2.

pindolly_003.jpg

#14 6 years ago

See you then!! Time is no longer an issue--my son and I both have head/chest colds and we abandoned the ski trip.

#15 6 years ago

the 69 Pin Emporium!

Stu

Emporium_Image_12.jpg Emporium_Image_11.jpg Emporium_Image_13.jpg

#16 6 years ago

My game room is just getting started, as far as pinball. Tron is ordered. Looking for Champion Pub and Cactus Canyon. Thought I might sneak CC out of pinlawyers house, he probably won't notice, haha...I do have 2 upright video games, a cocktail table video game, jukebox, coca cola bar, and a theater projector. So I do like my game room, just not as much as I used to now that I've started to get into pinball.

#17 6 years ago

Where is that? and how do I move in?

#18 6 years ago

That's Stu's house. Best gameroom I've ever seen. And--as if that weren't enough, most NPSI (nipples per square inch).

#19 6 years ago

Hey Stu, I'm your new best friend

#20 6 years ago

just got back to California after a Phoenix hockey tournament.

Thanks Pinlawyer for the offer to check out your pins on sunday...it just didnt work logistically. Had to cheer on my 49ers. Hope your No Fear is everything you were hoping.

Went to Castles and Coasters on Monday and i was impressed. 13 games, all in the top 100. The 5 of us got a chance to play almost all of them. Paid $10 for a 3 hour pass to play...good deal

#21 6 years ago

Ive been to C and C a few time in the last year. Their pins are usually in alright condition. I will have to look up the lawyer and stu when I am in Phx again, amazing looking rooms.

1 month later
    #22 6 years ago

I'm going to be in PHX next week for work. Where is the 69 Pin Emporium? Also going to try out Castles and Coasters!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hope your No Fear is everything you were hoping.

It was, I bought the game from him a couple years ago and he bought it back cleaned and tuned with new rubbers.

6 months later
    #24 6 years ago

I'm in Phoenix until the 18th and new member to these forums just wondering if you guys had any updated locations? Ill also checkout pinball rebel thanks guys.

1 month later
    #25 6 years ago

Wait. I live in Phx. What is this 69 pin emporium? I wanna go!

#26 6 years ago

actually it's my 70 Pin Emporium.....with my new Miss World that I just finished.....

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

actually it's my 70 Pin Emporium.....with my new Miss World that I just finished.....

Stu i'm coming out the week of the 22nd. I'll PM you. Maybe you, I and Greg can grab a bite to eat?

1 month later
    #28 5 years ago

Stu: I'd love to see your pin room if you are ever up for a guest!

#29 5 years ago

I'm doing RetroBall 2 in February, last years tournament was a blast and we had a great turnout.

2 years later
    #30 3 years ago

I'm in Mesa until Monday...always love checking out other peoples collections.
    Pinlawyer: I still have your MM. I love that game!

1 year later
    #31 2 years ago

Also if you are going to AZ use this to scout the latest location places to play:
    http://pinballmap.com/phoenix#

#32 2 years ago

Flying in Sunday and staying in Scottsdale if anyone has any suggestions for things to do with the wife. Pins or no pins, just never been before.

#34 2 years ago

Was in old Town Scottsdale today, got the wife ice cream at 'sugar bowl'. Noticed the arcade and was surprised to see a spiderman pin.

This game was disgusting. I put up a high score on one ball, but there was a loose switch I believe, the upper flipper gets stuck up, the left flipper doesn't get above horizontal and the game is just a dirty pile. Played OK, but a ton of broken plastics, burnt out lights and palyfield was black.

Still enjoyed it though lol

IMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #35 2 years ago

I am going to be in Scottsdale next weekend. It looks like it has been a while since this thread was updated. Anyone have any new/updated recommendations for good pinball?
    Thanks,
    Mike

#36 2 years ago

Tilt Studios in Tempe has a decent lineup with a mix of games (new Sterns, DMD's, EM's etc). I think they are getting the new Batman 66' this weekend. http://tiltstudio.com/locations/tempe-az/

2 years later
    #37 9 months ago

In PHX today and Tuesday and have a few hours each evening for some pinball. I’ve looked over the pinball map...looks like Starfighter arcade would be a blast but is closed during my stay, can anyone comment on the Tilt arcade? I normally avoid malls if possible

Any other options I need to explore?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.95
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside