(Topic ID: 253250)

Where to play pinball in Australia?

By rogerdodger

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys:

My wife and I are planning a visit to Australia and we will be visiting Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Anyone know of some good arcades or barcades that have a good selection of pins to play?

We won’t have a car so something within easy reach of public transport would be ideal.

Thanks so much.

Roger

#3 4 years ago

Head straight to brisbane/gold coast. I was amazed at how many great pins are scattered around the area. I was finding them in all sorts of random places. Plus plenty of arcades with pins. Enjoy

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
    My wife and I are planning a visit to Australia and we will be visiting Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
    Anyone know of some good arcades or barcades that have a good selection of pins to play?
    We won’t have a car so something within easy reach of public transport would be ideal.
    Thanks so much.
    Roger

In Brisbane look up Netherworld in Fortitude Valley,.. and Pinball Haus is also close,.. short walk from a train station,.. my favourite is Pincadia at Woolloongabba which you’d best get a taxi but only 10 mins from central Brisbane,.. good selections of pins new and old

#5 4 years ago

when are you in Melbourne

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

when are you in Melbourne

Still working on dates but probably late November

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for all the info so far guys.... Really appreciate it.

We're very excited for this trip. We have already been to Sydney twice in the past and absolutely love it there. You can't beat the McDonalds soft-serve ice cream, with a Cadbury's flake in it for 99¢ (around 70¢ US)!!!!

Just wish Australia was not so far. The jetlag coming back was off the charts, not to mention our 16 hours nonstop flight from Sydney to Houston and that was before we took a connecting onward flight back to Florida!

#8 4 years ago

Pity you are not driving, my place is just off the freeway between Sydney and Brisbane.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Just wish Australia was not so far. The jetlag coming back was off the charts, not to mention our 16 hours nonstop flight from Sydney to Houston and that was before we took a connecting onward flight back to Florida!

Business class on Qantas A380 - Sydney to DFW and you can sleep full length horizontal in your own recliner bed/seat pod the whole way.

Tried it out a few years ago thinking it wouldn't make much difference with jet lag/time zone body clock compared to Premium Economy recliner seats and it was such a step up I wouldn't take a flight of that duration any other way now.

#10 4 years ago

For Melbourne:
    https://melbournepinballfinder.wordpress.com/map/

Comps: pinballscore.com

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Business class on Qantas A380 - Sydney to DFW and you can sleep full length horizontal in your own recliner bed/seat pod the whole way.
    Tried it out a few years ago thinking it wouldn't make much difference with jet lag/time zone body clock compared to Premium Economy recliner seats and it was such a step up I wouldn't take a flight of that duration any other way now.

I WAS in business class and it sure made no difference to my jetlag!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-pinball-in-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.