(Topic ID: 92560)

Where to play near Elk Grove Village, IL?

By Pafasa

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I am in Elk Grove Village until June 5th. Where can I go play? I don't know this area at all. All I have is hotel shuttle or city transit for transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 9 years ago

Anyone in the CHicago area have some advice?

#3 9 years ago

Game works in Schaumburg, but that may be tough with your transportation.

#4 9 years ago

there's a pinfinder app that works pretty well as shows all the pins near your location.

#5 9 years ago

The hotel will take me to Gameworks. Thanks!

I will look into the pinfinder app.

#6 9 years ago

Found a place called Headquarters Beercade but it is quite far from me. Not sure if I could get there.

#7 9 years ago

Hotel shuttle can drop you off at a Metra station and you can take that into the city. From there you can use the CTA (Chicago bus/subway system), taxis, or uber/lyft. Or if your hotel rents bicycles you can take those on Metra! An obstacle to get to Headquarters, but 100000% worth it.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. I am going to make Headquarters a priority. Hope I can figure out transportation.

#9 9 years ago

App is called PinballMap. There's also Emporium beercade and Logan Arcade in the city. If you can get to the city (Metra), any cab could take you there.

#10 9 years ago

You can stop by the warehouse during business hours to play. I am about five minutes from your location. Also to get to the city, if you get to ohare you can take the blue line into the city and that will link into almost any other line you need to get to hq, emporium etc.

#11 9 years ago

Take the blue line train from O'Hare to the California Ave. stop, walk to Logan Arcade. From there, take the Fullerton Ave. bus to Sheffield Ave. & walk to Headquarters. If you're not exhausted at this point, you can take the brown line around the corner from HQ on Diversey towards downtown, transfer to back to the blue line at Clark/Lake & head to the Damen stop for Emporium. From there, you can hop right back on the blue line to O'hare & you will have completed a Chicago barcade crawl.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Take the blue line train from O'Hare to the California Ave. stop, walk to Logan Arcade. From there, take the Fullerton Ave. bus to Sheffield Ave. & walk to Headquarters. If you're not exhausted at this point, you can take the brown line around the corner from HQ on Diversey towards downtown, transfer to back to the blue line at Clark/Lake & head to the Damen stop for Emporium. From there, you can hop right back on the blue line to O'hare & you will have completed a Chicago barcade crawl.

You know your public transport, nice.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

You can stop by the warehouse during business hours to play. I am about five minutes from your location. Also to get to the city, if you get to ohare you can take the blue line into the city and that will link into almost any other line you need to get to hq, emporium etc.

What are your business hours? I am here for training and my days go to 4:30. Weekend is free.

#14 9 years ago

You know your public transport, nice.

I've been at it a while.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Wow! ^^^^^^^^

All of that sounds great! Thanks. No kidding on being exhausted though. I may have to pick only a couple stops. I'm headed to the mall in Schaumberg to get some gifts for the kids and then to Gameworks. Anyone want to meet me for dinner and games tonight, PM me.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Pinside never fails to come through!

#16 9 years ago

Gameworks is currently down to about 4 pins but probably your closest spot depending on which side of Elk grove. If you're on the west side close to rohwling rd you could almost ride a bicycle there. If you're on the east side, Elk grove bowl may have a pin or two still. I actually grew up in elk grove, used to be some pretty great arcades there.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

What are your business hours? I am here for training and my days go to 4:30. Weekend is free.

We are generally open till around 5. I would stay a bit later but I have plans this evening. If you end up over at gameworks I may be over there prior to a movie next door. I will send you a pm if so.

#18 9 years ago

I believe game works currently has ac/dc, iron man, 24, family guy, and I could swear two others but my memory sucks.

#19 9 years ago

I believe game works currently has ac/dc, Iron Man, 24, Family Guy, and I could swear two others but my memory sucks.

pinside is up to date
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/gameworks-456-schaumburg-il-united-states

#20 9 years ago

Is there a game list somewhere for Logan's Arcade?

#22 9 years ago

This is from memory, so excuse me if I forget any: BTTF, JM Globetrotters, Pinbot, Space Shuttle, TAF, RFM, JD, WH2O, Dr Dude, EBD, F2000, Galaxy, Tron, T2, Mustang, DE Star Wars, EATPM, Bobby Orr, Space Station, Firepower, STTNG, ST Premium and Radical. They also had 3 or 4 others ( TZ, Faces, etc) that haven't been working.

#23 9 years ago

Thank you. I'm taking a business trip to Chicago in July and am trying to plan my 'after hours' accordingly. Logan's and Bottom Lounge seem to be a great 1-2 punch.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Brad200X:

This is from memory, so excuse me if I forget any: BTTF, JM Globetrotters, Pinbot, Space Shuttle, TAF, RFM, JD, WH2O, Dr dude, EBD, F2000, Galaxy, Tron, T2, Mustang, DE Star Wars, EATPM, Bobby Orr, Space Station, Firepower, STTNG, ST Premium and Radical. They also had 3 or 4 others ( TZ, Faces, etc) that haven't been working.

TZ and Faces are back up. WH20 & BTTF are down at the moment.

Add Bad Cats, Black Knight, Abra Ca Dabra & Doctor Who.

#25 9 years ago

Thanks everyone. I have all I need to know. There is far more pinball here than I can hope to play. I'll take in as much as I can.

1 week later
    #26 9 years ago

Thanks again. I'm headed out now. I'm stuck at ohare for a few hours. What are the odds of finding a machine in terminal 3?

#27 9 years ago

I ended up meeting with yancy, bangerjay, centerflank, and about 25 other great pinheads. Thanks Yancy for the invite and Jay for the hospitality! I had a great time.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

I ended up meeting with yancy, bangerjay, centerflank, and about 25 other great pinheads

you hooked up with the right people around here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-near-elk-grove-village-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.