New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 126268)

Where to play in Orlando Fl

By codered9394

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150511_173000.jpg
park2.jpg
park.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Taking my family to Orlando on vacation in a couple of weeks. Was hoping that some of the pinsiders could put me on a good spot to play some pinball while we are there. We are going to be around the universal area. Thanks for any suggestions

#2 5 years ago

I know there is a Family Guy at the Enclave(Carrier road) arcade just beside the restaurant.
Not in the greatest shape but playable and replays are easy!
Have fun in Orlando!

#3 5 years ago

I was just there and came away dissapointed. Two machines at the double tree, but they were locked up. Player 1 had a couple but they were broke or barely playable. Dont even goto Disney Zone...

#4 5 years ago

you should schedule your vacation in November, and hit up the free play show

if you don't mind a 1.5 hour drive, hit Replay Museum up in Tarpon, FL, and there is stuff to do for the family @ the Sponge Docks, and maybe even hit up Busch Gardens as well.

if you just want to get some arcade playing time in, check out B.A.R.T or Player 1 Bar

#5 5 years ago

If you go I-95 take a break off of it and go to Video Game Rescue in Jacksonville FL...
Video Game Rescue
2415 Blanding Blvd.
Ste 7
Jacksonville, FL 32210

Video...

#6 5 years ago

I was just there for work. There's an ACDC and a WD in the Oasis Bar(? cant remember the name but its on the pin map, its a tiki bar in a hotel) and and Avengers and ST at the Mall, but other than that pickins are slim.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. Me and my kids are going to take one day to search for places to play. Maybe we can have some luck.

Quoted from HighProtein:

21 hours ago
Post #5¶quoteReportignore

If you go I-95 take a break off of it and go to Video Game Rescue in Jacksonville FL...
Video Game Rescue
2415 Blanding Blvd.
Ste 7
Jacksonville, FL 32210

I'll check it out thanks.

#8 5 years ago

Just a thought, but since Orlando pinball locations seem few and far between, have you considered doing something different? I find that a lot of people I talk too who are going there haven't considered visiting the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canveral. It's one of the most inspiring, entertaining and interesting things you can do in Florida. Might be better than driving all over town to play some beat up, poorly maintained route games.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from JP:

Just a thought, but since Orlando pinball locations seem few and far between, have you considered doing something different? I find that a lot of people I talk too who are going there haven't considered visiting the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canveral. It's one of the most inspiring, entertaining and interesting things you can do in Florida. Might be better than driving all over town to play some beat up, poorly maintained route games.

You'r probably right. My kids really enjoy playing the two that i have. They would like to play some thats not at the house. Universal and Disney all week is not going to leave much time to travel to far away. Lazer tag and pinball is what they asked to do in the evenings if we can. I told them that we would find a place, so i need to hold up to my end of the bargin.

#10 5 years ago

Its a little ride but a SWEET pinball arcade is opening in Orlando on May 16th. I will be there the opening day for sure. Here is the announcement from Florida Pinball Forum:

We are proud to announce that The Pinball Lounge at Oviedo Bowling Center will be opening on May 16th, 2015!!!!

376 E. Broadway StreetOviedo, FL 32765

Ed (fourflippers) and I have been working on the planning and remodeling of this place for a few months. Greater Orlando will finally have a DESTINATION for playing pinball! We look forward to introducing new people to the hobby, provide a place for enthusiasts to play, and offering tournaments and league competition.

The Pinball Lounge will offer an eclectic mix of 14 well maintained pinballs set in a relaxing atmosphere with a full liquor bar and classic all american food menu. It is a non smoking establishment.

Planned lineup (subject to change)
The Addams Family
Centaur
Funhouse
Eight Ball Deluxe
Firepower
Lord of the Rings
Bobby Orr Power Play
Whitewater
Orbiter 1
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Knight
Black Knight 2000
Fireball Classic
Pool Sharks

More details to come. Stay tuned! We hope to see you there. In the meantime, please "like" us on Facebook and share with your friends, we need all the exposure we can get! Photographs of our progress and any news will be posted there.

www.facebook.com/thepinballlounge
www.thepinballlounge.com

#11 5 years ago

Get a hold of Art at Comet Pinball Bulbs, he lives there. You could buy some bulbs while your down there and save the shipping cost.

#12 5 years ago

If you don't mind a little bit of a drive, check out the Replay Museum in Tampa.

http://www.replaymuseum.org/

My wife and I were there a few weeks ago and most of the games were in pretty good shape for being on-location.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will be checking into these locations.

#14 5 years ago

I wish I lived in Orlando

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

You'r probably right. My kids really enjoy playing the two that i have. They would like to play some thats not at the house. Universal and Disney all week is not going to leave much time to travel to far away. Lazer tag and pinball is what they asked to do in the evenings if we can. I told them that we would find a place, so i need to hold up to my end of the bargin.

I believe the TGI Fridays near Universal property has either Cirqus Voltaire or Terminator 3.

#16 5 years ago

Can't wait for the grand opening of the pinball lounge! I hope to see a few POPS events being held here.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Get a hold of Art at Comet Pinball Bulbs, he lives there. You could buy some bulbs while your down there and save the shipping cost.

In Orlando?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I wish I lived in Orlando

Lol no you don't. It's just a tourist town. The entire city is one huge pirate themed mini golf course. I couldnt get out fast enough.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

The entire city is one huge pirate themed mini golf course.

Too true!

Yes, I am in the town next to Orlando....my office, and the lovely Winter Park Area are here to say Hi.

park.jpg park2.jpg
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Its a little ride but a SWEET pinball arcade is opening in Orlando on May 16th. I will be there the opening day for sure. Here is the announcement from Florida Pinball Forum:
We are proud to announce that The Pinball Lounge at Oviedo Bowling Center will be opening on May 16th, 2015!!!!
376 E. Broadway StreetOviedo, FL 32765
Ed (fourflippers) and I have been working on the planning and remodeling of this place for a few months. Greater Orlando will finally have a DESTINATION for playing pinball! We look forward to introducing new people to the hobby, provide a place for enthusiasts to play, and offering tournaments and league competition.
The Pinball Lounge will offer an eclectic mix of 14 well maintained pinballs set in a relaxing atmosphere with a full liquor bar and classic all american food menu. It is a non smoking establishment.
Planned lineup (subject to change)
The Addams Family
Centaur
Funhouse
Eight Ball Deluxe
Firepower
Lord of the Rings
Bobby Orr Power Play
Whitewater
Orbiter 1
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Knight
Black Knight 2000
Fireball Classic
Pool Sharks
More details to come. Stay tuned! We hope to see you there. In the meantime, please "like" us on Facebook and share with your friends, we need all the exposure we can get! Photographs of our progress and any news will be posted there.
http://www.facebook.com/thepinballlounge
http://www.thepinballlounge.com

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I am from Orlando and hate hunting around when I rarely make it back. Will definitely check this place out when I'm back in a couple months.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

I believe the TGI Fridays near Universal property has either Cirqus Voltaire or Terminator 3.

Cirqus Voltaire would be great. I haven't played one in years. Thanks

#22 5 years ago

Grand Opening this weekend!

20150511_173000.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Lithia Springs, GA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 22.50
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside