Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bucks (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160627_210513_767_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221131_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221131_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221034_(resized).jpg
    20160206_105101_(resized).jpg
    20160206_105125_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

Good luck, fellas. I live 20 mins from Destin, and I call the Florida Panhandle the "pinball wasteland". I prolly have more games in my home than nearly the entire area.

You're going to have to travel to Panama City or Pensacola, one hour in either direction for pinball. County Line Pizza closed this year, both locations, so their TAF, TZ, SS, and BOP are off the plate. No loss there: those games were in shit condition. Half the mansion inserts were gone, and TZ reset with both flippers pressed.

1 month later
    #21 5 years ago
    Quoted from aufisherman:

Where are the games in Pensacola? I am just familiar with usually two at the Play bar downtown.

Visit OReilys further down the street. There's a WPT there.

Cordova Lanes and the bowling alley on 9mile should have some too.

8 months later
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Cordova Lanes had a TSPP and a Walking Dead last time I was there a few months ago. They were fully working.

I checked on this back in late May. All pinball at Cordova Lanes is gone. Pool tables only.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Is Destin a big tourist destination? I've never been there and don't know anything about it. Looks like that area is a good place to live. My neighbors claim they are bailing out of California, selling their house and moving to Destin after visiting there.

It is the tourist trap of the Panhandle. Makes driving on US 98 an absolute nightmare. Personally, I loathe that whole area and have been there maybe 7 times across the combined 25 years I lived in Pensacola and currently stationed at Eglin AFB.

Now Miramar Beach east of Destin..... THAT is a nice area. It is what Destin used to be - enjoyable and not completely congested.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yep AFM is in Robinsons Cruz Thru now. I was talking to that operator the other day, he has 3 AFMs currently out on location. Robinsons, Starcade Billiards, and Destin Lanes each has one.

Starcade had a Shadow last I scouted. Thing was so beat that someone clipped a work light on the back box shining down on the playfield because it was so dark. I have some pictures of it somewhere.

#40 4 years ago

It probably is. I saw Shadow I'd guess......about a year ago. It was very tragic.

Who is the operator running all these shit games? TZ had more lights not working then working, reset issues, flippers that could not make either ramp shot, and the PF was beyond blown out.

TAF had half the mansion inserts completely missing.

SS was in equally bad shape.

I would have happily....happily offered $2K to save that TZ, starting with a new Mirco PF and learning the ins and outs of that entire game to bring it back from the dead. It was in ROUGH shape.

Midwest and NE Pinsiders have absolutely no clue how nice they have it vs. down here.

#42 4 years ago

That's too bad. They're all junk now. The RCT is at White Sands bowling alley, and like all the others, embarrassing.

1 year later
    #50 3 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

let's revive this again!
    We are heading back to Destin - to the 30a area called Watersound specifically - be there (if the apocalypse doesn't further interfere) the week of the 4th of July.
    Any updates of pins in the area? Looks pretty grim from the internet.
    thanks

Revive....what?

There's nothing here. You can use the Pinside map and hope it is accurate.

I can tell you that AFM at Robinson's Cruise Thru is gone and has a half working Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Sorry to tell you all this, but this place sucks. If you take the map and give it the same cross-sectional area as the city of Houston (1,427 games to play), we have in comparison 215 games stretching from Mobile, AL to Panama City, FL. You guys in big cities have it SO nice you don't even know.

On your multi-day vacation here, welcome to what I've been dealing with for 4 years - no pinball to play unless it's in your house. Finding people to play with is almost just as difficult. I have to drive 2 hours each way just to play with other pinball guys and gals.

Do yourself a favor, go to the beach and enjoy the sunshine.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Impzilla:

We go here for the great food and dog friendly patio, the pinball is a bonus.

Well, you'll have two out of three!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-in-destin-fl?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.