Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bucks (resized).JPG
    IMG_20160627_210513_767_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221131_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221131_(resized).jpg
    20160206_221034_(resized).jpg
    20160206_105101_(resized).jpg
    20160206_105125_(resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I'm heading out of Sour Lake, TX and traveling to Destin, FL in the morning. I'll be there for a week. Where's a good place to go play, and by chance, are there any tournaments happening?

Thanks,

Allen

#2 8 years ago

The last time I was in Destin, the only place I could find pins was at "Helen Back Cafe" on Okaloosa Island (10 mins from Destin). They had a very bad shape Rollercoaster Tycoon and a TZ needing some care but pretty playable.

You can use the pinmap feature to find locations to play:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

#3 8 years ago

There was an Attack from Mars at Hurricane Lanes back in March!

7 months later
    #4 8 years ago

Just stopped at Helen Back about 30 minutes ago. Yep, they have a TZ (pretty toasty but not super bad) & Roller Coaster. We're going to stop by tonight & have a drink & play a few games.

20160206_105125_(resized).jpg20160206_105125_(resized).jpg

20160206_105101_(resized).jpg20160206_105101_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Just thought I'd post a picture of the Attack From Mars that's at the Hurricane Lanes. It was a little dirty but played great.

20160206_221131_(resized).jpg20160206_221131_(resized).jpg

4 months later
    #6 7 years ago

AFM still at Hurricane Lanes June 2016. Still very dirty but played good. Couldn't get the ball up the lock ramp, though.

IMG_20160627_210513_767_(resized).jpgIMG_20160627_210513_767_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Realize old thread, but:

Nearby - ish, in Pensacola:

LOTR, No Fear at Deluna Lanes
    High Roller and TSPP at 'Play'
    Hurricane and Shadow @ Felton's
    Junkyard at Sir Richard's
    POTC as Ruby's Fish Camp
    Playboy at The Big Easy
    Whitewater at Nascar

My town's on your way back out to TX - ( Near Mobile, AL) . Pinsiders always welcome at my place, only 6 pins on the line right now but we like them.

2 years later
    #8 5 years ago

Very old thread - but still important to travelers - heading to Watersound next week (Destin) and wondering if there is an update to pins available to play in the area? Pinmap isn't terribly helpful right now for that area.

Thanks -

#9 5 years ago

There are a ton of new arcades in Destin. The one I went to did not have pinball but you should check out the 3-5 new arcades on the main road through Destin.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

Very old thread - but still important to travelers - heading to Watersound next week (Destin) and wondering if there is an update to pins available to play in the area? Pinmap isn't terribly helpful right now for that area.
    Thanks -

I'm following this thread, too, since I'm headed to Ft Walton Beach next month.

#11 5 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow evening - so if I find any info I'll update this thread.

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago

Didn't get out into Destin much, we were in Watersound and I didn't find anything there. There is an arcade in Panama City called Funland Arcade that has three pins, Ripleys, Star Wars and GOT, all three in decent shape. Coin Drop - I think the GOT was 3 games for $2, the Ripley's was 50 cents a game and I didn't try the Star Wars. Bunch of other arcade type stuff in there too, and there was a kitchen and I think beer. We didn't stay long - had other things to do.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I'm following this thread, too, since I'm headed to Ft Walton Beach next month.

ROBINSON'S CRUSE THRU is in Ft Walton and I had a blast there last year.
    The most recent update shows the EM is broken, I hope its back on line when we go in a few months.

#14 5 years ago

Good luck, fellas. I live 20 mins from Destin, and I call the Florida Panhandle the "pinball wasteland". I prolly have more games in my home than nearly the entire area.

You're going to have to travel to Panama City or Pensacola, one hour in either direction for pinball. County Line Pizza closed this year, both locations, so their TAF, TZ, SS, and BOP are off the plate. No loss there: those games were in shit condition. Half the mansion inserts were gone, and TZ reset with both flippers pressed.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

Didn't get out into Destin much, we were in Watersound and I didn't find anything there. There is an arcade in Panama City called Funland Arcade that has three pins, Ripleys, Star Wars and GOT, all three in decent shape. Coin Drop - I think the GOT was 3 games for $2, the Ripley's was 50 cents a game and I didn't try the Star Wars. Bunch of other arcade type stuff in there too, and there was a kitchen and I think beer. We didn't stay long - had other things to do.

Sigh I have fond memories of Funland, grew up in South Alabama only about 80 miles away. That was like a watershed event for me as a kid and then teenager to get to go there and spend a buck or two... Sadly Funland closes for the season right around Labor Day so even THAT is not an option this time...

1 week later
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Sigh I have fond memories of Funland, grew up in South Alabama only about 80 miles away. That was like a watershed event for me as a kid and then teenager to get to go there and spend a buck or two... Sadly Funland closes for the season right around Labor Day so even THAT is not an option this time...

funny. The real reason we went was because when I was a teenager in the 70's, my dad and I lived in PCB and we would walk to funland to play pinball. Back then the whole place was lined with machines. I wanted to walk back in and see it 40 years later. It was a cool experience.l

#17 5 years ago

Rocket lanes in Panama City Beach has a Walking Dead and the Holiday Inn game room on Okaloosa Island has a PotC and a Theatre of Magic. Destin Lanes has an AFM in so so condition. Theres a Roller Coaster Tycoon at White Sands Bowling in Ft Walton Beach. Aside from a few crappy beaters in some dive bars and Fun-land thats about all Ive found anywhere near Watersound. Pretty slim pickings.

1 month later
    #18 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Good luck, fellas. I live 20 mins from Destin, and I call the Florida Panhandle the "pinball wasteland". I prolly have more games in my home than nearly the entire area.
    You're going to have to travel to Panama City or Pensacola, one hour in either direction for pinball. County Line Pizza closed this year, both locations, so their TAF, TZ, SS, and BOP are off the plate. No loss there: those games were in shit condition. Half the mansion inserts were gone, and TZ reset with both flippers pressed.

Where are the games in Pensacola? I am just familiar with usually two at the Play bar downtown.

#19 5 years ago

There's my house in Destin. I have plenty of games and beer

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from chillie:

There's my house in Destin. I have plenty of games and beer

I will be in Destin at the end of the month, I need Pinball play time !!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from aufisherman:

Where are the games in Pensacola? I am just familiar with usually two at the Play bar downtown.

Visit OReilys further down the street. There's a WPT there.

Cordova Lanes and the bowling alley on 9mile should have some too.

#22 5 years ago

Cordova Lanes had a TSPP and a Walking Dead last time I was there a few months ago. They were fully working.

5 months later
    #23 5 years ago

Will be in Destin for the next week. Looking to see if there are any pinballs added in the area.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Impzilla:

ROBINSON'S CRUSE THRU is in Ft Walton and I had a blast there last year.
    The most recent update shows the EM is broken, I hope its back on line when we go in a few months.

This taco joint has removed the pinball and replaced it with a few mulicades that barely work last time I was down there- its a shame, great place to eat.

#25 5 years ago

A new Ice cream shop called Sunrise Ice cream just opened on the corner of hwy 393 and C30A, about twenty minutes east of Destin. They have a few arcade games and a Walking Dead pin. Holiday Inn game room on Okaloosa Island still has TOM and Stern POTC as far as I know, havent been there since last year. And the AFM is still at Hurricane Lanes on Hwy 98. Aside from that you are pretty much dealing with a pinball wasteland around here. If you find any other locations please post them here!

2 months later
    #26 4 years ago

Updating this to let anyone know who may be interested or coming into town that Uncle Bucks Fish Bowl in Destin has suddenly gotten a Deadpool pro, ACDC Vault Pro and a Star Wars pro in the very back of their redemption/ticket arcade. Also have 5 or six old school early 80s arcade games back there too on quarter play. Its pretty cool.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Cordova Lanes had a TSPP and a Walking Dead last time I was there a few months ago. They were fully working.

I checked on this back in late May. All pinball at Cordova Lanes is gone. Pool tables only.

#28 4 years ago

Updating this to let anyone know who may be interested or coming into town that Uncle Bucks Fish Bowl in Destin has suddenly gotten a Deadpool pro, ACDC Vault Pro and a Star Wars pro in the very back of their redemption/ticket arcade. Also have 5 or six old school early 80s arcade games back there too on quarter play. Its pretty cool.

Sweet, heading there next month

#29 4 years ago

Is Destin a big tourist destination? I've never been there and don't know anything about it. Looks like that area is a good place to live. My neighbors claim they are bailing out of California, selling their house and moving to Destin after visiting there.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Is Destin a big tourist destination? I've never been there and don't know anything about it. Looks like that area is a good place to live. My neighbors claim they are bailing out of California, selling their house and moving to Destin after visiting there.

It is the tourist trap of the Panhandle. Makes driving on US 98 an absolute nightmare. Personally, I loathe that whole area and have been there maybe 7 times across the combined 25 years I lived in Pensacola and currently stationed at Eglin AFB.

Now Miramar Beach east of Destin..... THAT is a nice area. It is what Destin used to be - enjoyable and not completely congested.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Go in september/October - best time to visit the gulf INMO, no crowds and weather is cooler.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I checked on this back in late May. All pinball at Cordova Lanes is gone. Pool tables only.

Yeah I saw that too. On the plus side,the Deluna Lanes bowling alley in Pensacola got in a GOT pro with latest code, and also a very nice fully working Party Zone, a pin I never expected to see on location again.

#33 4 years ago

Ok, interesting. I’ve been to Orlando / Kissimmee dozens of times, if it’s anything like that...

#34 4 years ago

No theme parks, the beach is the main draw for the most part. But plenty of touristy stuff and shops,restaurants, water parks etc to do nowadays.
    Ive lived here my whole life and over the last ten years watched the traffic get worse and worse and more and more tacky stuff get built on every available piece of land. Right now they are six laning Hwy 98 because the existing road cant handle the traffic anymore.
    But For those of you who dont live here, Im sure its a wonderful place to vacation.
    Worlds Whitest Beaches!

#35 4 years ago

No theme parks, the beach is the main draw for the most part. But plenty of touristy stuff and shops,restaurants, water parks etc to do nowadays.
    Ive lived here my whole life and over the last ten years watched the traffic get worse and worse and more and more tacky stuff get built on every available piece of land. Right now they are six laning Hwy 98 because the existing road cant handle the traffic anymore.
    But For those of you who dont live here, Im sure its a wonderful place to vacation.
    Worlds Whitest Beaches!

Sounds like the same stuff going on over here at the beach on the other side. But, we also have taxes

#36 4 years ago

Worlds Whitest Beaches!

We come down almost every year for over 25 years and the development down 98 is crazy.
    My favorite place to play removed the last game recently - but I just looked at the site on Pin Map and someone has added Attack from Mars to the location.
    Maybe check out ROBINSON'S CRUSE THRU and see whats up there?

#37 4 years ago

Yep AFM is in Robinsons Cruz Thru now. I was talking to that operator the other day, he has 3 AFMs currently out on location. Robinsons, Starcade Billiards, and Destin Lanes each has one.

#38 4 years ago

Yep AFM is in Robinsons Cruz Thru now. I was talking to that operator the other day, he has 3 AFMs currently out on location. Robinsons, Starcade Billiards, and Destin Lanes each has one.

Starcade had a Shadow last I scouted. Thing was so beat that someone clipped a work light on the back box shining down on the playfield because it was so dark. I have some pictures of it somewhere.

#39 4 years ago

Hey NPO how long ago was that? I havent been in Starcade for a while.
    That other operator who had all the beat up pins in Helen Back and County Line also had a beat to death Shadow he routed in a bar that closed here in Niceville, wondering if its that same one.

#40 4 years ago

It probably is. I saw Shadow I'd guess......about a year ago. It was very tragic.

Who is the operator running all these shit games? TZ had more lights not working then working, reset issues, flippers that could not make either ramp shot, and the PF was beyond blown out.

TAF had half the mansion inserts completely missing.

SS was in equally bad shape.

I would have happily....happily offered $2K to save that TZ, starting with a new Mirco PF and learning the ins and outs of that entire game to bring it back from the dead. It was in ROUGH shape.

Midwest and NE Pinsiders have absolutely no clue how nice they have it vs. down here.

#41 4 years ago

Believe me I tried to get that TZ years ago. Dont know his name, a bar employee called him for me and asked if would sell it or any of his games, it was an emphatic NO, and he would not speak with me at all.
    His games that I know of: ToM, SS, TAF, TZ, FH, TS, BOP, RCT.
    A murderers row of games, well, except for RCT.
    All blown out, partially working resetting wrecks.

#42 4 years ago

That's too bad. They're all junk now. The RCT is at White Sands bowling alley, and like all the others, embarrassing.

#43 4 years ago

There was (closed now) a bar called Hell and Back... I saw a beat up Twilight Zone & offered 2500 but never got a answer. We were there again in February & the same Attack from Mars is at the bowling alley... it played well & was set so it was pretty easy to win more credits.

My wife's parents go to Destin from October to March every year & rent a very nice huge apartment on the 16th floor right on the beach. It's fun for awhile but I don't think I'd blow a bunch of vacation days unless it was free... her parents pay.

How can there be so many beach towels/souvenir shops in 1 area ?? I bet there's 1 on both sides of the main road about every 1/2 miles.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

There was (closed now) a bar called Hell and Back... I saw a beat up Twilight Zone & offered 2500 but never got a answer. We were there again in February & the same Attack from Mars is at the bowling alley... it played well & was set so it was pretty easy to win more credits.
    My wife's parents go to Destin from October to March every year & rent a very nice huge apartment on the 16th floor right on the beach. It's fun for awhile but I don't think I'd blow a bunch of vacation days unless it was free... her parents pay.
    How can there be so many beach towels/souvenir shops in 1 area ?? I bet there's 1 on both sides of the main road about every 1/2 miles.

Thats the same Twilight Zone I was trying to get. Pretty beat up wasnt it! Helenback closed down and its gone now.
    Yeah I wondered the same thing about all those beach shops when they built them a few years ago, but man during the spring and summer they stay open till late and they are all filled with money spending tourists. When it storms people pack in there like sardines.

1 month later
    #45 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Headed that way now.

#46 4 years ago

Thanks to Sinistarrett I found the 3 machines at Bucks Fish Bowl. AC/DC was left in service mode and would not operate but the staff was very helpful and took it out of service mode even though these are not their machines. The cannon would trap the ball and the machine would do a ball reset then move the cannon which would release the ball.

The Deadpool had an issue with balls getting trapped behind the targets in the center and then searching for a ball. It would take a long time to finally find the ball and it frequently resulted in a drained ball.

Other than that it is a good place to play all three games. Very few people in the arcade on a Monday and even fewer in the pinball section.
    Bucks (resized).JPGBucks (resized).JPG

10 months later
    #47 3 years ago

let's revive this again!

We are heading back to Destin - to the 30a area called Watersound specifically - be there (if the apocalypse doesn't further interfere) the week of the 4th of July.

Any updates of pins in the area? Looks pretty grim from the internet.

thanks

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

Looks pretty grim from the internet.

We are going in a few months and I would love to hear of some places to play - take my money...

#49 3 years ago

Hope you all find other places to play and will post the results.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

let's revive this again!
    We are heading back to Destin - to the 30a area called Watersound specifically - be there (if the apocalypse doesn't further interfere) the week of the 4th of July.
    Any updates of pins in the area? Looks pretty grim from the internet.
    thanks

Revive....what?

There's nothing here. You can use the Pinside map and hope it is accurate.

I can tell you that AFM at Robinson's Cruise Thru is gone and has a half working Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Sorry to tell you all this, but this place sucks. If you take the map and give it the same cross-sectional area as the city of Houston (1,427 games to play), we have in comparison 215 games stretching from Mobile, AL to Panama City, FL. You guys in big cities have it SO nice you don't even know.

On your multi-day vacation here, welcome to what I've been dealing with for 4 years - no pinball to play unless it's in your house. Finding people to play with is almost just as difficult. I have to drive 2 hours each way just to play with other pinball guys and gals.

Do yourself a favor, go to the beach and enjoy the sunshine.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-in-destin-fl?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.