Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-23.jpg
    image-477.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Heading out for work. I'll be looking to play some pins tonight and Saturday night.

#2 9 years ago

Logans Arcade, Emporium, Headquarters are all pretty solid.

#3 9 years ago

Depends on where you're staying in the city. If you're at a hotel downtown, Headquarters just opened up a new location near Franklin and Chicago Ave that's got some top notch pins. They also have a food menu that's pretty excellent. Pay for the beers, but the pinball's free!

#4 9 years ago

Cool, yeah I am downtown.

#5 9 years ago

Logan's was great. I was there a while ago and did grub hub delivered to the place and then just dean one of the 30+ beers I think they had. Lots of good machines that played really well.

chris

#6 9 years ago

Headquarters is great, but it will be tough to get on the pins on a Saturday night.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Headquarters is great, but it will be tough to get on the pins on a Saturday night.

True, its hard to get on pins since they are mostly all free. Also most of the people visiting don't understand you hit the start button just once for one player. The good part is there is a MM and WOZ downstairs that are pay per play and those are usually open. If I am around tonight I will send you a pm as I can get you some beers on me.

#8 9 years ago

Here's the site and game list for the new Headquarters location in River North:

http://hqbeercade.com/rivernorth/game-list/

Jayhawk is right, though - it gets busy on Friday/Saturday nights, just like the Lakeview location. Worth going earlier in the day if you can on Saturday, but it's not a bust if you're there at night. Always at least one machine open.

If you venture out from downtown, Logan Arcade is definitely the joint if you had to pick one outside of downtown. The new Emporium location in Logan Square is worth a stop-off though, if only for the B-tier mix of fun pins.

#9 9 years ago

Headquarters if you want to play modern (1990+) stuff.

Logan Arcade if you want to play stuff from the 70s to present.

I prefer Logan slightly, but both are great.

#10 9 years ago

How's the Galloping Ghost?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It's an arcade mecca, but they only open the neighboring space that includes pins at random times. Out of the handful of times I've been there, I have yet to play a single pin because the space is never open. They have an unbelievable arcade selection though. If you have any love for 80s to mid-90s video games, it's a must-see.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Brixies just down the road has 3 good games.

#13 9 years ago

Logans is cool . good beer , lots of great games . Great selection of different eras .

#14 9 years ago

Didn't make it out tonight. Tmrw will be the night. Thanks for the info.

2 weeks later
    #15 9 years ago

Went to HQ river north tonight, awesome place.

MB, TF, POTC, MUSTANG, AFM, TZ, TAV, TSPP, LOTR, TRON, MET, ACDC, CV. All on free play and in decent shape...and I had them all to myself for a couple of hours. Everything was working, you can tell they take care of the pins. Got my name on MET and ACDC. Think I got 40k on MET (good?). And the beer and food are good too, very reasonable.

I didn't touch the video games.

Mustang is a terrible pin, really liked ACDC, MET and, to a lesser extent, TRON.

image-477.jpgimage-477.jpg
    image-23.jpgimage-23.jpg

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Went to HQ river north tonight, awesome place.
    MB, TF, POTC, MUSTANG, AFM, TZ, TAV, TSPP, LOTR, TRON, MET, ACDC, CV. All on free play and in decent shape...and I had them all to myself for a couple of hours. Everything was working, you can tell they take care of the pins. Got my name on MET and ACDC. Think I got 40k on MET (good?). And the beer and food are good too, very reasonable.
    I didn't touch the video games.
    Mustang is a terrible pin, really liked ACDC, MET and, to a lesser extent, TRON.

image-477.jpg 176 KB

image-23.jpg 228 KB

Glad you enjoyed yourself, did you get a chance to get downstairs for IM, MM, WOZ, ST, TAF, XMLE and I think another I can't remember? Its hard to keep them working, you would be shocked as to how many plays those machines get.

#17 9 years ago

What? There's a downstairs??? Crap! I'll be back in Chicago in a few months and will definitely be back.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-in-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.