(Topic ID: 314766)

Where to measure slope on the playfield?

By KneeKickLou

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Not level (resized).jpg
    TMNT Level (resized).jpg
    AA4F0CE7-22CE-45BA-B587-B20E447CD5FF (resized).jpeg
    4C37245F-250E-4B27-BBF3-D2E87E6DC96D (resized).jpeg
    1EFD79B4-5439-4BD9-ADE3-34F07AA2DD70 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_imageangle (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

Your basement is probably seriously pitched like mine for drainage so moving any game, even a few feet, will require some top and bottom leveling. I set mine at 6.7-7.0 depending on the game at the slings and then do my best to get the same at the highest measurable point on the playfield. It takes a while to dial it in (especially when you have to crawl under the game and turtle shell it while adjusting the levelers) but I have a JM (6.9 degrees) and that ball should be a lazy drop to the right flipper.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Regardless of what the floor is doing - once a machine is in a stable position the angle measurement at top or bottom of the playfield CANNOT vary - it is simply against the laws of physics for it to be different as long as your playfield is perfectly flat/straight.
    I am flabbergasted that some can't grasp this?

But it’s made of wood, as is the cabinet, so there is some play involved? If the rear left leg is 1/4’ lower than the rest of the legs there will be some pitch towards the left leg?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

The playfield IS (or certainly SHOULD be) a PERFECTLY FLAT piece of wood.
    Physics (and common sense) tells us that it makes ZERO difference where the level is measured.
    The exact angle of the wood to the earths gravity will be the same at the very top or the very bottom of the piece of wood - or anywhere in between.
    Anyone suggesting otherwise seriously needs to go back to school!
    In the example below, the angle is measured at 19 degrees REGARDLESS of where on the angled line you measure (as long as the line is straight, just like your playfield should be).
    [quoted image]

If both the playfield and floor are perfectly flat then yes, I completely agree. But the basement floor and undoubtedly the playfield are not. Otherwise my leg levelers on all my games would be the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-measure-slope-on-the-playfield-?tu=Chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.