(Topic ID: 105549)

Where to go for more depth after LOTR and TSPP?

By JosiahCox

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RTS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-317.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago

I have lotr, tspp and RBION. RBION is very deep, but not to the level of the other two. It is very very hard, though. Spelling R I P L E Y is no easy task. There's some kind of frog frenzy mode, never seen it. I like the game a lot, games tend to be shorter than in tspp and lotr. Setting the outlanes wide really shortens the game.

#65 9 years ago

Surprised people say xmen. It's very linear to me. Start hero, complete hero, move to next hero. Start villain, complete villain, move to next villain. Complete all heroes, start danger room. Complete all villains, start dark Phoenix. I think it has great shot and combo variation, and it's pretty tough, but not a lot of depth. Am I missing something.

Lotr has much more difficult modes, three MBs that are tough to complete, DTR, TABA and Valinor, plus gollum mb, crossing the bridge via balrog, etc

Tspp has an equal amount, if not more than that, way too many things to list.

Even RBION has more than xmen, and it's not linear.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're absolutely right. X-Men doesn't have depth, it has length Tons of content to go through isn't depth. That's why after being steeped in TSPP and LOTR (the ultimate deep games) - long games without depth (Xmen, TF, BDK, Avengers) feel very boring once you've been playing for a long time.

Not sure I agree, I have xmen and TAV along with lotr and tspp and dont find them boring at all. I'm going on two years with TAV and over a year with xm.

Quoted from JosiahCox:

One of the reasons RBION is on my list is because it's not linear. On the other hand I already have a TAF and RBION does feel a lot shot wise like TAF, at least to me. And TAF will never leave until my wife says so and that's a long long time off.

RBION is nothing like TAF, I sold TAF after six months, no depth, very repetitive, very limited shots. RBION feels more like TZ to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-go-for-more-depth-after-lotr-and-tspp?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.